DA Gear

Discussion in 'Swashbuckler' started by ARCHIVED-TygerMeow, Jun 24, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-TygerMeow Guest

I see lots of people recommending that your MC should be about 80 and your DA 60 self-buffed. I'm actually pretty pleased with my DPS atm, but more is always better. However, getting more DA is kind of a challenge.
    Right now I have about 71 or 72 MC. Except for my waist, every item I have is at least 2 MC. It seems to me that unless I get gear that has the same MC + DA, then I need pieces that are very high DA, or else I'm losing 2 MC to gain 2 or 3 DA and I don't think that's a winning DPS scenario.
    However, looking in lootdb, there just isn't much. Until I go down to 5 DA, the only things that show up are avatar loot or our mythical. Even at 5, there's only a couple items I would consider, such as Sash of Pain. Then you drop down to 4 and there's a couple more possibilities, including Murky Gemstone Choker, although then I need to figure out how to make my Thuuga charm a ring again and not a neck.
    However, all of them together do not add up to 60, even if I get my T3 helm.
    Am I missing something or am I just out of luck without access to T4 gear?
  2. ARCHIVED-Kleg Guest

The WoE set BP and Flesh peeled leggings from gynok should boost your DA if you got access to those items.
  3. ARCHIVED-TygerMeow Guest

Thanks, I appreciate the response. Those leggings looks good: 4 DA and 4 MC. Haven't run ToMC yet, though.
    However, the WoE T3 'berk is only 1 DA higher than the T2 'berk, which I already have. We are doing WoE, but not clearing Digg yet, so I haven't had a shot at the chest mold, but that's not really an upgrade, DA-wise. The critical mitigation is massive, though.
    On the other paw, that does remind me that my self-buffed DA is actually 4 points higher than it shows on my Persona screen because of the stupid buff on the T2 'berk. I wish they wouldn't do (really dumb) stuff like that and just give us the stat in it's raw form. I don't want 36 procs that add up to some DPS number which requires level IV math to figure out. Just trying to determine how much DA is worth one point of MC is hard enough without procs to factor in. :(
    Anyway, thanks. Any other pointers are appreciated.
  4. ARCHIVED-Thunndar316 Guest

I have been unable to break the 70 MC and 30 DA barrier for a while now. It just comes down to getting raid loot.