d3dx9_43.dll missing error - Resolved

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Shiver, Jul 1, 2022.

1. Shiver New Member

After playing a lot yesterday, I tried logging into the game today.
    I brought up the launcher but when I hit the PLAY button to launch the game, I got a popup box that said "d3dx9_43.dll missing" or something close to that, and failed to start the game.
    I did a full validate game assets but that did not help.
    So I did some online searching and found a link to the Microsoft download center for "DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer" at https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35
    I downloaded and installed the software and my problem seems to be resolved.
    I am not certain why this error popped up at this time but I suspect that with the upgrade to the 64 bit client, they may have cleaned up dlls that were in the Everquest 2 directory. They used to recommend putting DirectX dlls directly in the EQ2 directory. Which I always thought was odd. The software I downloaded from Microsoft installs them in c:\Windows\System32 which is where they belong.
    I hope this helps anyone who encounters a similar error.
    Twyla likes this.
  2. Kahnra New Member

I played earlier today no problems. But now I have this same error. Frustrated at the launcher issues.
  3. Cormaic New Member

Same as Shiver and Kahnra. Play this afternoon. Now this. What's next....
  4. Imatad New Member

The download worked for me, Shiver, thanks bunches:)
    Twyla likes this.
  5. Bunji Developer

I'll take a look and add these back.
    Twyla likes this.
  6. Cormaic New Member

The program cant start because, d3dxp_43.dll is missing from your computer.
    This is another road block in my Everquest foray. Oh joy!
    If anyone is awake at the wheel, can you please look into this problem. I pay my monthly subscription and have been doing so for the past eighteen years. Am I suppose to fix these problems also? Totally unprofessional and not acceptable.
    Twyla likes this.
  7. Forestchild Well-Known Member

When I have had these problems, I just Re-download directx9.0c again. Over-writing the existing files.

Trying validating your files in the launchpad options also. that might help. Good luck.
    Twyla likes this.
  8. Forestchild Well-Known Member

Twyla likes this.
  9. Tkia Well-Known Member

10. Cormaic New Member

Thank you guys for taking the time to reply. Thank you also Bunji. Appreciate the help...
    Twyla likes this.