Duplicate Cutthroat Hunter's Crossbow Flay Proc not working as intended Part 2

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Krioc, Jul 25, 2022.

1. Krioc New Member

Ratalthor, Did you even test this you're self? was it investigated? Because if it was properly you would notice it overwrites its self, please take a closer look before you decide to say its resolved.
  2. Chrexx Active Member

Hi my name is Albums and I am very mad.
    Azlea, Arandar and KaitlynnAM101 like this.
  3. vexen Member

It literally overwrites itself. Devs would know if they tested before disregarding
    Beneeto, KaitlynnAM101 and Venser like this.
  4. Venser Active Member

it overwrites itself and is not 10%.

please test before telling us it works fine

ty
    Beneeto, KaitlynnAM101 and Zenji like this.
  5. Revvix Well-Known Member

I have to agree that it's not "This is working as intended." as the Ratalthor dev stated. It's always tough to have a good discussion and figure out issues when these bug threads are locked/closed. When an entire server is saying a mechanic isn't working right, it probably isn't working right.
    Beneeto and KaitlynnAM101 like this.
  6. Maergoth Well-Known Member

2-3 procs over the course of ~200 casts in 5 minutes.

That's 14 seconds of uptime out of 300 seconds.

1% tested single target proc rate, with 4% uptime. That can't be what is intended by the tooltip, which declares a 10% proc rate.

The ability may be working as intended, but the tool tip most definitely is not working as intended. That matters, when it's an entire hunter slot.. maybe their *only hunter slot*, for people who are being misled. It's not like you can take it back.

Also, I paid real life money to test this for you with a monkey. Out of pocket. Your players shouldn't be paying to test your content. So it's pretty frustrating to see a "Working as intended" thread lock.

[IMG]

Or if you'd prefer, 1-2 procs in 4 minutes and 24 seconds, despite ~30 more casts.. which is even worse than the numbers above.

[IMG]
    Beneeto, vexen and Arandar like this.
  7. KaitlynnAM101 Member

Doesn't proc over itself... wonder what happened here then...
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    Beneeto, vexen and Zenji like this.
  8. Maergoth Well-Known Member

Same seems to be true with Stalk, which has the same trigger mechanism.

[IMG]
    Beneeto likes this.
  9. Revvix Well-Known Member

[IMG][IMG]
    vexen likes this.
  10. Maergoth Well-Known Member

Looks like Flay might be normalized based on the cast speed of the attack, with 10% being a "2s cast time" baseline. This is the entire point of a "times per minute" style proc, instead of a raw percentage. If this is supposed to be normalized, it should be worded very, very differently. Then again, 10% proc chance on a 2s cast is an average of 3 times per minute? and that doesn't sound right either, since that would be a ~20-30% uptime, pending overlaps, so idk.

This was me only casting 1.5s "Holy Circle" and "Decree" on repeat.

For both of the following posts, I *DID NOT* use a spell/ca if I already had Flay ticking.

221 "cast hits", ~17 flay procs. (1.5s Cast Time @ 7% Proc Chance)

[IMG]
    Beneeto likes this.
  11. Maergoth Well-Known Member

Versus this one spamming 0.5s casting time spells

188 "cast hits", ~7 Flay Procs (0.5s cast time, ~3% Proc Chance)

[IMG]
    Beneeto likes this.
  12. TheGreatGatsby Active Member

13. Zenji Well-Known Member

In before the Crossbow gets the Curse of Darkness tooltip treatment.
  14. TheGreatGatsby Active Member

As long as it was consistent to what the tooltip said, we'd probably still use it. Like people above have said, the crossbow proc may be working as they're intending, but what they're intending doesn't match the tooltip.
  15. Lenarr Member

Don't forget to add 0.5sec recovery into the times for each spell. Also, isn't it normalized to 20 times per minutes (3 seconds cast plus recovery) and not 30 times? 10% corresponds to 2 times per minutes with continuous spell casting?
  16. TheGreatGatsby Active Member

Bump. Requesting that a dev confirm the way that the crossbow mechanic is supposed to work, as the current effect does not match the tooltip.
  17. Caith Developer

We have not been able to reproduce any issues with Flay the Beast is on live or internal servers.