Customer Service

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Sharmillie, Jan 16, 2020.

1. Sharmillie New Member

Customer service sucks anymore...what happened? All they do is tell you to put in a bug report and don't help you. Why is a paying customer not important anymore?
    Kheldar and Soara2 like this.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Some things Customer Service just can't do. If it's a bug, then you just have to report it (there is a Bug Reports forum here) and wait to see if the devs will fix whatever it is.

What is the issue? Other players might know of a workaround.
    Soara2, Beee, Siren and 5 others like this.
  3. Argosunited Well-Known Member

Because apparently they can't or won't help us with issues in BoL.
    I'm not sure why they even still bother.
    Kheldar and Soara2 like this.
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

You really can't say that unless you know what the issue was that Customer Service said they couldn't fix. I mean, if the issue is that the Skygge mount won't hide properly, well, there's not a thing Customer Service can do about that, is there?

As I mentioned earlier, if the OP will tell us what the issue is, we may know of a fix or work-around, you never know. Or we can say, "That's broken completely, you just gotta wait". No telling until we know the problem!
    Breanna, Geroblue and Soara2 like this.
  5. Argosunited Well-Known Member

My current issue is that I cannot pick up any of the Research Quests (the two that currently work) Nor can I get Rush or normal Work Writs. This only happened after I handed in one of the Research Artifacts.

They have no feather for me, I do not still have the recipes so the quests are not hidden somewhere.
    The Guild Writs. They have a feather but the only response I can give is that 'I don't want to do one at this time'. (or whatever it says)

Customer Service told me to /bug it. Please Siggie if you have any suggestions I'm all ears.

As I don't know anyone else with the same issue I have no idea if or when it will be fixed. As a crafter I am finding it irksome. It is only affecting one of my toons, but of course it's my main.
    Kheldar likes this.
  6. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

Can you mentor down and then pick up writs from the guild adventure giver? I believe I have done this in the past.
    Breanna likes this.
  7. Argosunited Well-Known Member

Craft writs? I'll try it.
    Nope. Didn't work.

Just realised that I can't get craft writs because I'm max level. Surprising Customer Service couldn't tell me that.

So it's just the BoL research harvesting quests I can't get on this toon.
  8. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

Sorry I wasn't clear. Mentoring down would only apply to adventure writs.
    Breanna likes this.
  9. Merriel Well-Known Member

Sadly, it isn't just this game. Customer service ALMOST EVERYWHERE has gone by the wayside these days. The creation of call centers and the fact that companies buy into them is what killed customer service. Even if you do get hold of a customer service agent, they are, at best, only trained enough in the product to make it sound like they know what they are talking about, even if they don't.

Occasionally you might be fortunate enough to get through to someone who actually does know what they are talking about and actually cares to try to help, but for the most part, don't count on it.

Trying to find a company's board of directors and their address and/or phone number has become next to impossible as well. They hide behind their internet walls because they don't want to be bothered. Let the call center's deal with their issues. :rolleyes:
    Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr likes this.