Current monk issues, last updated 2/4 2009

Discussion in 'Monk' started by ARCHIVED-Siatfallen, Mar 14, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-Karamonde Guest

and at least say something to us as problem are know and things are being done to change.

No answer for so long on this board make us feel ignored and depressed.
  2. ARCHIVED-mr23sgte Guest

The entire Brawler AA Stamina line needs to be completely reworked.
    The Brawler 3rd Wisdom AA Crane twirl needs to be changed to 33% chance to proc 2kish damage .
    Brawler TSO - lower recast of Inner Focus to match Intercept - if my role is to be avoidance buff/blocker.
    Brawler - Change the level 50 FEAR Instill Panic/Doubts CA Brawlers get to a taunt/Debuff or damage + hate. Since Brawlers dont have a shield bash/Tower of Stone like ability.
    Monk TSO AA - up Med healing % amount and lower trigger %
    Monk EOF AA - Change Superior Riposte AA to what it was at launch - 10 second AE block, but make it group.
    I think the I've seen Monk AE Dragonfire not resist maybe 1 time when I needed it to work - and its Master for Christ's sake. my aggression is maxed.
    MONKS DONT NEED MORE HASTE!!! I am like 300ish in raids- 150 self buffed - its ridiculous - how bout just change the whole Everburning line to something useful.
    Bruisers need their worthless Stun mit stance changed too - Move that TSO AA to the Brawler TSO tree and drop that laughable +25 damage Lightening Strike AA
  3. ARCHIVED-Olae Guest

My Monk DPS is out of whack.
    I can't tank on anything except mentored heroics and grey heroics.
    I get out DPSed by most decent healers.

I prefer DPS over tanking and from what I can see, what we need is:
    1) Less Mobs that hit through avoid
    2) Better resists to AoEs (This might just be me thought)
    3) More high level gear (there are only 3 fabled gi I would consider wearing, from raid zones)
    4) An activation ability on our Myths, just like bruisers
  4. ARCHIVED-Aull Guest

5. ARCHIVED-Morrolan V Guest

Would like to continue this discussion, in light of where we stand today.
    The biggest issues that I see right now are:
    1. Strikthrough and double attack on raid mobs have a huge and disproportionate impact on brawlers as tanks. Can't count the number of times I have been tanking raid bosses - green, green, green, DEAD. Look in the log "Gynok Moltor critically attacks you for 14,000. Gynok Moltor critically double attacks you for 12,000." Need to fix both - perhaps AAs or adders to our stances that radically reduce strikethrough and make us immune to double attacks (or reduce the damage on the second attack greatly).
    2. Need to fix crane twirl. It is the only ability we have that works on spell damage. It should be a melee ability. I am with BChizzle that I prefer its mechanic to AoE autoattack because (1) it works on single targets and (2) it's different. It absolutely needs to scale with gear, though. Perhaps have it work like it currently does, but scale in proportion to main hand weapon damage.
    3. For the love of the gods, cut it out with raid mobs that are immune to target locks. Why give us an ability like Peel and then make it not work in most situations where we care? If you must, reduce the duration of the lock against raid mobs, but the total immunity does nothing except frustrate the user base.
    4. Go back to having some class defining abilities. Tsunami looks like a nice ability. Until you see Shadowknight's Furor. Everyone knows that SKs are grossly overpowered, but seriously . . .
    5. Look at the mechanic on tanking items that proc anything (damage, hate, wards, heals) when the tank is hit. Three of the four plate tanks already have much better AoE aggro and damage than either brawler, and all four have better passive hate generation. Having tank itemization work off getting hit further disadvantages avoidance tanks. I would suggest having the items proc on hits AND avoids, but normalize the rates so the overall number of procs stays level.
    That's my top 5. Others?
  6. ARCHIVED-Cozumel Guest

Fairly dated information.

We tank VERY well.

We DPS > 90% of all other classes (minus Assasans and properly skills Swashys).

... Above assumes Mythy Monks with Masters...

-- Coz
    (But it's still pretty dated to be sticky)
  7. ARCHIVED-Siatfallen Guest

Cozumel wrote:
    I no longer have the time to update this post, and hence it IS outdated. Sorry, job's getting in the way. However:
    If you outDPS more than 90% of all other classes, that leaves less than 2.3 classes to outDPS you. So I guess I should ask:
    You generally outparse all but 2 of: Assassins, Rangers, Swashbucklers, Brigands, Wizards, Warlocks, Conjurors and Necromancers? This is assuming equal quality gear and skilled players of course.
    If that's the case, then I really have been gone from this game for too long; I didn't know monks were suddenly t1 DPS, which is basically your claim.
    Also, the original post makes no attempt to evaluate the quality of our tanking skills, except in comparison with other tanking classes. It concludes that we are not on an equal footing in that area. From the posts made here this is still true - if you figure we've the survivability of plate tanks across all teirs, that's news to me for sure.
    Perhaps enough so to make me consider coming back to the game in my admittedly sparse free time. Please provide evidence to this effect.
    If you cannot do and document the above, then kindly cease with the nonsense.
    As for updating this thread, as I've said before, I'd be happy to see someone take it over. I've not the time anymore; heck, I hardly play this game anymore. As of now, this remains the most comprehensive and up-to-date thread out there - if nothing else then because it's the only one there is.
  8. ARCHIVED-Shareana Guest