Current game mechanics overview?

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Hazimel, Mar 28, 2021.

1. Hazimel New Member

Hi All,

I am a returning player after almost 9 years. Lots has changed in the itemization and AAs. I have tried to find a comprehensive guide to the mechanics, but cannot find anything. Is there a thread where it is all explained and updated? If not here, is does anyone know of a good overview someone has created?

I would have many questions, among others:
    • What are the soft and hard caps currently for stats? What happens with overflow?
    • Many AA's changed into granting "effectiveness". What does that mean? Damage? Resistibility? No clue...
    • Some AA's (like brainstorm for sorcerer) give a flat 10 damage to all spells (more skills like this). Does that mean flat 10 (seems nothing when you have skills in the hundreds of millions now), or 10%? These numbers seem silly unless there is something implied here that is not explained anywhere.
    • Some AAs give flat values (like Magi's Shielding reduce damage from all sources) that don't scale at all. Am I missing something, or is a big portion of AAs now completely obsolete and a waste of space?
    • etc etc
    Please help if you know of some good comprehensive resources, because trying to guess things seems silly nowadays and is frustrating.
    Hazimel
    Cassta likes this.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Your guess is as good as anyone. Stats no longer "roll over" into other stats at all. Thus far, since the assorted changes that came in with RoS, there has not been an official DBG post really explaining mechanics, and AA is in a state of flux... many AAs didn't work after RoS release, the upcoming GU will bring with it some fiddling with AAs for some classes.

The end story is "we don't know". Right now, your best bet is to set up a guild hall training dummy and try things out, while running ACT, to see what they actually do. (Some people have done some of this, and hopefully will chime in later).

You will get better answers if you're asking about a specific class.
    Cassta, Hazimel and Breanna like this.