curious about EoF aas and casting order

Discussion in 'Warlock' started by ARCHIVED-therodge, May 4, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-therodge Guest

trying to put togeather comprehensive guides for all classes and haveing a hard time finding common eof aa set ups for warlocks along with a good casting order what would you all reccomend
  2. ARCHIVED-DwarvesRUs Guest

Explosions --
    • Poison Cloud 5/5
    • Negative Absolution 5/5
    • Devastation 5/5
    • Then pick which of the other 2 remaining you want your 5/5 in. Gas cloud is power inefficient and does low dps, but the AA helps a little. Rift has such a long recast time that others argue that putting the points there are wasted since you don't cast it that often anyway.
    • Aftershock 1/1
    Propagations --
    • Venemous Grasp 5/5
    • Poisonous Veil 5/5
    • Abhorrent Gift 5/5
    • Dark Infestation 5/5
    • Propagations 1/1
    • Once you've completed the Hastenings part you'll still have 7 "extra" left over, and IMO it's best to put 5 in Boon of the Dark and 2 in Netherous Realm.
    Hastenings --
    • Corrosive Strike 5/5
    • Erupt 5/5
    • Freeze 5/5
    • Dark Distortion 5/5
    • Focused Casting 1/1
    Casting order depends on the group and what you're fighting. If you're on a named, pre-cast the Gift and Netherous, then while that tank is pulling pop Focused Casting and then start casting Acid Storm. If you time it right that tank's just gotten aggro when the Storm starts to hit it. Then debuff, cast the broodlings, Aura of Pain, and then if health is already dropping like a rock you move straight to your big hits, but if group dps is lower or the mob has a bajillion hp, lead with your dots, and THEN move to the bigger hits.
    But if it's a named with AE adds.... start as above, but then go straight to Devastation, Absolution, and Cataclysm to burn off the adds asap..... also depends on how well the tank holds aggro, the dps of the others in the group.....
    Now perhaps in a raid there might be a set casting order, but I don't recall ever raiding on my warlock, so I don't know that. Always been a healer or coercer when I raid.