cultivating?

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Trueepower, Oct 25, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Trueepower Guest

So if i were a craftmen i would have to specialize in what type of cultivating? Or i do i actually have to pick all the types of materials?
  2. ARCHIVED-psistorm Guest

cultivating? if you mean harvesting, then Id suggest picking what you need, and wood nodes. why wood? because some quests require a harvesting skill, most noteably one of your crafting questline, so you cant advance that until you have a high enough foresting skill. in the end, its probably handy to have every skill aside from fishing up (gathering can come from either bushes OR roots, and roots are usually more useful).
    in terms of harvested nodes, i usually harvest anything except bushes and fish. only my provisioner harvests it all.
    on a final note, might want to wait until someone posts who completed his crafter, incase one of the quests does require fishing after all
  3. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

All crafters use more than one resource type. Just go harvest everything :) You can sell what you don't need.
  4. ARCHIVED-GrunEQ Guest

I remember there was a quest that required fishing....don't remember anything else about it, but I think it may have been in EL. Any way I know for sure there is at least one out there.
  5. ARCHIVED-Lilbitbad Guest

6. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

Wasn't there one in TS?
  7. ARCHIVED-Trueepower Guest

How do i make room starting out for all these materials?

Thanks....
  8. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

Put lots of bag and boxes in your bank!
  9. ARCHIVED-Rijacki Guest

Do the tradeskill tutorial, gives you a 10-slot harvesting bag.
  10. ARCHIVED-Trueepower Guest

I decided to just focus on the game and leave the tradeskills behind. I am not a big tradeskill person i would rather buy everything i need and skip all that. Doing tradeskills to me is like pulling my hair out i can't stand it. Torture! But its a good feature for people who enjoy doing them. I know people who focus on that and they really enjoy that part of the game.

Thanks for responses ....appreciate it
  11. ARCHIVED-erin Guest

Trueepower wrote:
    Its not an either or thing. Nothing wrong with concentrating on the game. After a while you may wish to do something else and you might give harvesting and/or tradeskilling another go. Or not. One of the great things about EQ2 is the variety of gameplay that can be pursued.

If you are in a guild with some folks that enjoy crafting, you may still consider doing some harvesting and giving your harvests to the crafters. They'll appreciate it a lot.

Or again, or not :) Do what's fun, this is a game after all!