Crypt of Dalnir: Wizzard's Den is literally impossible with a merc...

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Merriel, Nov 20, 2016.

1. Merriel Well-Known Member

I am speaking, of course, of the Advanced solo version.

I attempted Nazkra numerous times using both Zhugrus and the new merc, and could not take him down...AT ALL!!! The adds respawn, making it impossible to clear the room to be able to fight him alone, and when fighting him, they come too quickly to be able to destroy them and damage him as the vicars keep him healed. A friend finally came and assisted me, and together we were able to get him down.

The Gooblins are severely overpowered and my merc and I cannot take a group of three Gooblins down either. Adv solo's are supposed to be do-able with a merc. Please tone these mobs down at least a little and make it do-able. Thank you!

I will be putting the adventurer sig quest on hold for a while, as I've become extremely frustrated with this Adv solo dungeon. Time to focus on the TS quest-line instead. Very disappointed though, to come so far and not be able to finish it. :/
    Febrith and Kelvani like this.
  2. Shmogre Well-Known Member

Hi Merriel - For Nazkra, don't fight him in the middle of the adds, pull him down the hall (use Singular Focus) and keep backing away as you pound on him (I drag him out towards the cages). If you get away from the large groups, he should only pull in adds in smaller numbers and it might be easier to handle.

The gooblins are actually bugged...their goo bombs are flagged heroic and they aren't meant to be stunning the mercs (in the advanced solo); they should be better in the next hotfix. Per Chrol:
    In the meantime, avoid the ones you can, and make copious use of the Freeze Bomb that the Soothsayer gives you to root a couple of the gooblins while you kite and kill the third. It's not easy, but at the very least, a fix is coming soon.

Hope that helps...much luck.
    santargria, Adevil and Cheesenabber like this.
  3. Merriel Well-Known Member

Thank you for the input, Shmogre. I will wait for Tuesday's update then and see if these Gooblins have been 'fixed'. I don't know anything of this Freeze Bomb you speak of. I tried to find a write up on this instance, but could not find one, so I was winging it in there.
    Shmogre likes this.
  4. Lojaak Well-Known Member

As Shmogre says, pull him down the hallway. If you are using a merc, plant it by the doorway (cage entrance to the corridor not teleporter entrance) and turn follow OFF. The merc *should* remain there while you go pull Nazkra back to that point. I wouldn't advise using the merc to pull, as a ranged pull is safest, so do that manually yourself.
    Shmogre likes this.
  5. Ellimist Active Member

I mentioned this in beta that the gooblins hit too hard and was told they are correct. Interesting that its now mentioned they have a heroic level damage on them. They weren't rootable either but since I got some gear from quests and solo's swapped in I haven't had an issue. My resolve is now 177 self buffed.

Try and get your resolve up and you should survive better I know I have been.
  6. Shmogre Well-Known Member

After he steals the key and opens the doors for you, the Soothsayer gives you a Bomb Dispenser that roots the gooblins...it can help keep one or two of them off you for 30 seconds:

[IMG]
    Merriel likes this.
  7. Shmogre Well-Known Member

From the Update Notes for tomorrow:
    Yay!
    Merriel likes this.
  8. Shyama New Member

Merriel wrote: "I attempted Nazkra numerous times using both Zhugrus and the new merc, and could not take him down...AT ALL!!! The adds respawn, making it impossible to clear the room to be able to fight him alone, and when fighting him, they come too quickly to be able to destroy them"

As Soloplayer with Merc I'm to slow to kill the respawns to pull Nazkra solo. The door close and it's not possible to pull him out to the cages. I can pull Nazkra with one add to the door ... but I can't take him down, because the adds come to quickly.

I tried with Fury and Conjuror and different Mercs.

@ Daybreak ... please give the causual gamers a "Solo-Version" of the Wizard's Den. The whole questline it's fun to play and in the middle of the Signature Questline you make such a big degree of difficulty. Casual Solo Players like me, can't finish the Signature Quest Line and have no chance to the new Ascension.
  9. Billzbub Active Member

If wait until Nazkra paths all the way to the left and stops in front of you, you can body pull the trash mob that is closest to you and furthest to the left if you are very careful. Kill that one trash mob. By the time you do Nazkra will start pathing back toward you and then to the right. If you are very careful again, you can body pull him through the gap you created by killing that one trash mob back into the hallway and fight him all by himself. As someone mentioned before, you have to keep your merc out of it until you have Nazkra separated or things will quickly go pear-shaped.

"Body pull" means to take baby steps toward the enemy until he sees you and runs toward you without actually hitting him at all. If you hit him, it will cause everyone near him to come after you, so make sure you don't hit him until after you have him separated from the trash.
  10. Lojaak Well-Known Member

You don't even need to body pull. Standing back and using a ranged shot with Singular Focus on (even just an auto attack if you're not really a ranged class) will pull Nazkra without any adds. Just put your merc on passive and take follow off by the door so the merc doesn't move and then pull Naz back to him, and then use the attack button on your merc window when Naz is closer to the door.
    Shmogre likes this.
  11. Billzbub Active Member

LOL, I didn't know that. That will be much faster than waiting for him to path all the way to you.
  12. Daleon New Member

The Nazkra fight is essentially a single target DPS check. If you cannot do it, the most likely reason is that you need better gear. I had the same problem with my SK at ~4.5k potency. Now at ~9k potency the fight is rather easy. You can farm the solo (not adv. solo) instances until you have at least 6k potency, then try Nazkra again. Alternatively ask in chat for help. I'm sure you will find a player who is willing to kill Nazkra with you.
  13. Shyama New Member

Thanks for your help :)
    I think it's the gear with only 5,2k potency ... I had my focus only on resolve.
  14. Shmogre Well-Known Member

If it helps, per the devs, resolve is not used for regular overland mobs or solo/advanced solo instances (it only comes into play with the heroic (^^^) overlands and heroic/raid instances).
  15. Caela Well-Known Member

Hubby and I are doing the advanced solo version of Wizard's Den on Ghosts and Gooblins.

We have the Soothsayer's Bomb Dispenser, and when we tried the encounter yesterday, we used it and the gooblins were rooted. But we didn't kill the encounter and came back to do it today. The bomb dispenser no longer will root the gooblins. We've tried a few times, and they just keep coming, and we die quickly.

We don't have great gear, but we should have required gear. We had heroic gear from the last expansion, and have equipped all the quested and dropped gear we have gotten from KA. He's a bruiser, I'm a wizard.

What are we doing wrong? This is our first time through the zone, so I'm afraid we have worse in store for us.
  16. santargria Well-Known Member

I did this quest on my BL, mostly with the 10 year pally, but switched to Kluuron (the defiler) during this quest - not for any particular reason, it was just happenstance.

That said those goo bombs really sucked - they kept stunning me and fortunately not my merc.

I never used nor did I even know about a bomb dispenser LOL

One thing I know helped me was gear. If you have access to at least the minimum twark gear with the jewelry I bet you would have a much easier time of it.

I'm on skyfire, if you are as well I'd be glad to make you a few sets of the regular gear for your toons

Good luck
  17. Leeroy 16 year vet. Forum lurker. Altaholic.

You are aware, aren't you, that the goblin who is at the zone line (the one who wants you to open the door) buffs you so you not only run faster but can cast while moving? That alone should make up for lower dps.
    santargria likes this.
  18. Caela Well-Known Member

Yeah, I still have the buff.
  19. Caela Well-Known Member

Well, I don't know how we did it, but we managed to finish the quest. After I checked the forum, I went back in game and we were able to take them down. Didn't use the bomb dispenser. Hubby's bruiser must have grown some muscles.

Thanks guys!
    santargria likes this.
  20. Leeroy 16 year vet. Forum lurker. Altaholic.

A little gear makes a big difference. Maybe he picked up something with more potency and/or resolve.
    santargria and Shmogre like this.