Crypt of Dalnir: Ritual Chamber [Heroic]

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Chaaskul, Jul 24, 2022.

1. Chaaskul Member

How on earth are you supposed to solo the last mob. Time runs out even though you click on the correct orb. Seriously fed up with the repair bills. EQ2 is getting more and more for raiding only and getting less for those who like to solo

Come on EQ2, wake up before you lose a 19 year veteran
  2. Bludd Well-Known Member

its an heroic and not designed to be soloed, unless you can oneshot it lots of scripts in older zones can require more than one player
  3. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Some of the content from Altar of Malice onward started requiring more than one person to actually solve the puzzle elements of certain bosses, such as clicking the orbs to make the Kly vulnerable. If you absolutely insist on being able to solo it, then either have enough DPS to just kill him in one shot, or use speed buff totems to run back and forth fast enough and just hope the RNG gives you orbs that are easy to get to.

There's not much use in complaining complaining about not being able to solo a dungeon that is designed to have multiple participants from an expansion that's 6 years old. As much as I want them to change a level 90 raid zone that requires 6 players to all have a special set of gloves to simultaneously click 6 switches located throughout the zone to spawn the final boss, I'm not going to hold my breath.

There are three bosses in the Shard of Hate: Utter Contempt that cannot be defeated (or for two of them-- spawn in the first place) without a full 6 man group. One of the heroic zones in Solusek's Tower in the Plane of Valor requires three people to stand on 3 different platforms to advance further into the level after the first boss. There's a heroic dungeon in Blood of Luclin and Visions of Vetrovia that requires two players to stand on platforms to allow the rest of the party across. Reign of Shadows has a boss in the Loda Kai heroic zone that requires a tank to point the boss to aim in the direction of the player he is targeting. That player has to run behind a creature that was released from its cage so the one-shot kills the creature and not the player. While doing that, a 3rd player gets locked up inside a cage and cannot do anything until the creature is dead. The script does this about 5 times. Figured I would save you the trouble of finding out for yourself later on.
    girney likes this.
  4. Chaaskul Member

I'm on The Warriors cry timeline and almost at the end of volume III having completed in excess of over 25 heroic zones so far and have soloed them all. Just annoying to know the timer is too short to make the run between orbs. I can get him down to 30% in 1 hit. I'll have a look at my other Ascended spells and see if I can get that hit higher. Thanks
  5. Chaaskul Member

WOOT - 1 shot him
    Just upgraded my Septic Strike II from Adept to Expert and done a 1 Shot - got my quest reward
    Now to complete Volume III and start Volume IV
    Breanna and Bludd like this.
  6. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

congratulations

there are a lot of people who like to group, that came out when DB did their surveys
    The problem is that you can't force people in to grouping, and I hate it that for some quest you do need a group if you want to
    make progress in that quest.
    Twyla likes this.
  7. Chaaskul Member

I agree, i love soloing, but there is getting less and less content at the high end

But on a good note, I have now completed The Warriors Cry Volume IV - YAY :)