Crossbows.. any lower level ones at all?

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Silresa, Aug 18, 2020.

1. Silresa Member

So a bit of searching around online I see Whisper something at level 40, but it requires you to complete 7500 quests, which seems like that'd get you WAY Past 40, so.. not that one.

I also see a bunch of "X Hunter's Crossbow", but those appear to be some kind of PVP related thing I guess?

So are there any obtainable crossbows in the 1-60-ish range whatsoever?
    Hartsmith likes this.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

First, I used EQ2U's Item Search to find all crossbows level 99 or less. The "Hunters Crossbows" are only on Kaladim.

Whispertrigger, Crossbow of Unremitted Questing (40), is the reward from the Achievement "Quest for Glory", for completing 7,000 quests. There are about 50 people world-wide that have this number of quests.

Caertaxian Hunter's Crossbow (90), has been discoed only on Fallen Gate, HoF, and AB, which leads me to believe that, like the other Hunter's Crossbows, it was a TLE thing. FG was merged to AB, and some people may have transferred to HoF with it.
  3. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Only crossbow I have found is in the freebie chest in the library for level 100 and up characters. Don't get the bolts from the chest... worthless.
  4. Silresa Member

Thanks Sigrdrifa, that's basically what I had found when searching the same.. Was kinda hoping there was something I had overlooked, but yeah.. geeze.

Seems super strange to have bolts for all the lower levels and no crafted/dropped lower ones. /shrug
  5. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Crossbows and the skill to use them (Aim) weren't introduced until we were level 100. I'm guessing when they added the Hunter's Crossbows that's when they added bolts at lower levels. TLE has some kind of hunter missions.
  6. Hartsmith Well-Known Member

Just a guess since you can use high level ammo while mentoring, but for those players not wanting to waste high level material on those lower levels, having the ability to craft lower level bolts could be a cheaper alternative.
    But yeah. Sad they don't have crossbows for lower levels.
    Geroblue likes this.