Critical Mitigation Removed

Discussion in 'Developer Roundtable' started by ARCHIVED-SmokeJumper, Feb 1, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-MystsofLedge12 Guest

well...... then what magic stat will we need? if Crit Mit is no longer an issue........ ok so rather than fix the crit hits that mobs pop you just remove it...... I hate to say it but EQ2 with this will take a step towards some other game that has been sold by Shatner, Ozzy and now Chuck Norris.

Why not let us keep the crit mit.... just weaken some of the mob's ability to crit, there has to be some challenge and strat to these dungeons.... tank n spank gets a bit old.

Edit: and WAAIIIIIITTTT i dont have as much Crit Mit as other but well I EARNED WHAT I GOT!
  2. ARCHIVED-Cyliena Guest

It's about time. I can't recall any players thinking this was a great idea even back during DoV beta.
  3. ARCHIVED-Lempo Guest

Madie wrote:
    Within 2 weeks of this going live the board is going to be flooded with demands that the mobs not have crit avoidance because people will think that they have business in HM Drunder, but can't get down the first hallway because heals are not critting and one group of trash mobs will take and hour to kill.
    This is not going to be a good move, because it is going to lead to more demands for this and that to be removed.
  4. ARCHIVED-Zahk Guest

Wow. Looks like you found another easy button. Just how many more drastic changes are going to be implemented in the next month or 2? Sure plenty of people will cheer this decision and rush to the zones they didn't have the crit mit for before now... and then complain it's still to hard and beg for more nerfs... Kinda ruins the whole sense of accomplishment for getting through something that was a challenge. Honestly, it's not even the same game it was a few months ago anymore. Some of us do actually like a challenge, at least it means something when you finally beat it.
    Sorry to be critical, I agree crit mit is a pain, but for something that we've had to work with for so long to be suddenly just taken out of the picture, that's pretty drastic. I suppose the next step will be removing critical avoidance too? I shouldn't be surprised at this... but I am.
  5. ARCHIVED-rtgbvfg Guest

bah this means i wont die as much now :p
    will have to find other ways to die in raids :D
  6. ARCHIVED-NassicEQ Guest

How soon is soon? Should I not bother wearing or adorning any new raid armour I get because I'll be wasting cash and shards on cm adorns?
    Or is this the same soon as in 'EQ2players site coming soon'? If so then it will be a few months so I can carry on buying cm adorns for now.
  7. ARCHIVED-Vixey Guest

I don't want more hit points if i did I would have done so. Put an npc to give us our money and shards back for our crit mit adorns or change them all to crit bonus adorns.
  8. ARCHIVED-Lempo Guest

Iskandar wrote:
    See, and this guy will be one of the first ones asking why they can't do HM drunder in the Ry'Gorr gear.
  9. ARCHIVED-dajokster Guest

Confused a bit,...so mobs can crit us again?
  10. ARCHIVED-bluedego Guest

Coniaric wrote:
    that .. says.. adorns.. what about the natural crit mit values .. on gear.. /yikes..
  11. ARCHIVED-Errror Guest

How is this going to work in regards to raid mobs.
    Does this mean all the guilds that didnt have the CM for Drunder HM, are now going to be able to sweep through and clear it all in a week, when some guilds have spent months working against broken mobs.
    Or does this mean you are going to boost a load of mobs damage, making all content broken, and set back lots of guilds once again.
    I liked Crit Mit personally. It gave me something to aim for, something to ask for when I wanted to know what kind of player I was getting in a group.
    Remove Crit mit from Group situations, and Easy Mode raiding, but not Hardmode Raiding. Or is this just your solution, instead of fixing broken mobs in Drunder, you will just make it so everyone and their dog can now clear the zone?
  12. ARCHIVED-Wolfsbaine Guest

I think that is great. I didnt mind having CM in the game. I liked it better in SF when it was only needed for HM content. I think it should have been left in for Challenge Mode. The same for instances too. I would like to see Critical Debilitation changed so that it gives us another stat. Maybe 5% MA per rank. I would like 10 or 20% but I dont want to sound too greedy. I know some wardens prefer spell damage and some like melee
  13. ARCHIVED-Ge'Sar Guest

Only what, two and a half years to realize what the long time players told them on day one of this horrible idea! SOE is improving, only.....
    *looks around* where are the long time players now?
  14. ARCHIVED-DaemosDaen Guest

And what does this mean for Crit, if mobs nolonger have critmit, then I no longer need 300 crit chance. This also makes 2 bard AAs compleatly useless in the current standing and SEVERAL SF pieces will be the best over DoV EM pieces (scout hat with it's 52 MA). Unless crit will do something else over 100.
    If you have thought this over then, I'ed like to throw my voice in for getting the shards back, ot CM adorns being turned into somthing usefule like Crit bonus.
  15. ARCHIVED-JJDillon Guest

On behalf of my scouts, I'd like those CM adorns refunded in equivalent MA adorns, thanks.

Also,

[9:48AM] You tell Level_80-89 (3), "DING, DONG, THE CRIT-MIT IS DEAD."
  16. ARCHIVED-Mystfit Guest

Lempo@Everfrost wrote:
    You might notice, Lempo, I didn't ASK for those zones to be made easier, i ASKED if these changes might reflect in the type of EQw I find myself doing. Totally different :) And if they want some gear, they're welcome to it, I mean the odds are I'm not running that class anyway, since i brought them ;)
  17. ARCHIVED-Brildean Guest

are they changing all base crit bonus's to 1.0 instead of the 1.3 or 1.5 that mobs have.. if not then they will problaby have to lower mob potency so tanks arent getting one shot by there rediculous range of ae's that are 80k to 130k non crits. Since these ae's were balanced around most tanks not getting crit.

This doens't make the game easier it just makes EM and HM zones even dumber.. Why raid HM when you can get EM set that has only .4 less potency/cb.. Sure Crit Chance will be an issue but look at all these red slots that opened up.
  18. ARCHIVED-Lader Guest

i like it bc we dont have to go back to old content to gear up a recruit, they can start raiding with us when they join. Also, this may hopefully bring back more fun encounters like t5, kos, and eof raiding were.
    im not a fan of everyone walking into HM drunder and killing it the first day, since the encounters are so similar to the EM versions.
  19. ARCHIVED-Lempo Guest

Mystfit wrote:
    Well to answer the last part of your question CM has had absolutely no impact on your umm 'progression' for some time now.
  20. ARCHIVED-Jaxl Guest

Rageincarnate@Unrest wrote:
    Its not like the crit mit on the gear was helping you for anything but crit mit.. And most of the gear with crit mit, had the rest of the stats to match the magnitude of the crit mit - its not as if it was a stat that was balanced as a tradeoff for cc or ma.. It was pretty much there as a statement that you've put it work...