Crit Vs Potence Vs ?? in a SOLO or single group guard at level 92

Discussion in 'Guardian' started by ARCHIVED-Dementedone, Jul 30, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Dementedone Guest

Okay I hit 285 AA's and level 92
    I group once a week with some Friends, all my gear is solo quested or Vendor Purchased (I am saving my Pennies for Collas Reacents now)
    I have searched 12 different ways and I can't find any two people that agree on a good AA spec or even on what is better Pot/Strike through Crit chance etc.. I have about 42.8K Hp Self buffed
    I spend 3 hours a week solo'ing and maybe 2 hours a week with my friends beating up Instances

Suggestions for some AA spec's
  2. ARCHIVED-Yimway Guest

Crit Bonus > Potency
    You need to make sure you have the crit chance to crit on whatever content you are doing, after that focus on getting 550ish MA, then as much crit bonus as you can find.
    Potency only affects CAs and Taunts where crit bonus affects melee and abilities. Since the majority of your DPS is from melee (and thus your hate as well) you need as much as you can pile on.
    As far as AA specs, just go to u.eq2wire.com and search for guardians with decent reputation on your server. If you like, look at my spec, but its more tailored for raiding, but works fine for me doing anything else as well.
  3. ARCHIVED-Dementedone Guest

What is your Opinion of this one
    SmashuX
  4. ARCHIVED-Yimway Guest

I question if the 8 points in the wisdom end line would better suite you in picking up crit chance and/or hatemod in the str line?
    Overall, it doesn't look to be a bad spec.
  5. ARCHIVED-Rahatmattata Guest

If you want a general AA spec, take reflexes, full haste line, 10 in block sta line, 5 in hate mod str line, 8 in SF recast reduction and reflexes duration... and experienced insight. In guard tree take block flurry and shoulder the burden... group moderate, unyielding will, and last man standing. The other trees should be pretty self explanatory.
    That's a rough outline, but you really need to tailor things to the role and setting you usually play and look at your stats while in combat to make sure you aren't going over cap. Like I think I have 1 point in rescue because any more would be a waste and put me over recast cap. But you might need 3 points to cap the reuse. So, I have 2 points I spend elsewhere that you don't and thus my spec doesn't work for you. My guard is set up to be at caps while in combat with a dirge and coercer in my group, and according to my gear and procs. For example, I don't put more than 4 AA into multi-attack because I hit caps in combat with my group make-up. You may have lower multi-attack, but don't care much about block chance.
    The days of KoS and EoF of hey guis what AA should I take? are pretty much long gone.
  6. ARCHIVED-Zivgar Guest

Yeah again it also depends on what content that you are doing. If you are just a heroic Guardian then you don't need Dragoon's Reflexes at all.
    Like Atan said the most important stat in getting your Crit Chance where you crit 100% of the time on that content. Then getting your MA to 600 and then Max CB as high as you can.

As a guardian you really should have no problems with aggro control, so when I spec for AA I try to get things which gives me the most survivability (most important) and the most DPS.