Crit bonus overcap

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Verestrina, Jan 13, 2018.

1. Verestrina New Member

So I started doing quests in Plane of Magic and upgrading the starter armor it gave me, but I've encountered a problem: The quest armor has "crit bonus overcap" but nowhere near as much actual crit bonus as before. If I upgrade too many pieces of armor, I drop well below the cap!

I've been told that I need to upgrade my jewelry, but I really don't see how to get enough there to make up the difference. With the jewelry available to me, I'd be hard pressed to get more than about 2500 crit bonus. I need the crit bonus from my armor, which I think means I'm stuck with some pieces of starter gear?

I looked at the mastercrafted armor, and it has the same problem.

Surely there's something I'm missing? It can't have been intended to be this way.
  2. Melt Actually plays the game

best way is to make sure that you are dual specced in prestige AA trees. The tree for your class adds an AA that converts a set amount of potency into crit bonus. You'll easily get about 1500 crit bonus doing that.
  3. Verestrina New Member

Yeah, that fixed it, thank you so much! I had no idea -- it's been ages since I've looked at that AA tree.
  4. Fleurs Active Member

Don't forget infusion on every piece of equipement, 30 crit bonus X 21 piece = 660 crit bonus from platinium infusion. Not even taking into account regular infuser.