Cres's Sig Shack!

Discussion in 'Signatures' started by ARCHIVED-Thrashercat, Feb 12, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Kethaera Guest

I don't know how you get your GIFs to look so good! Mine are always so grainy.
  2. ARCHIVED-Thrashercat Guest

Funny you should say that because I am always so annoyed at how grainy they look to me after I animate them lol. It's just ImageReady that I use to animate.
  3. ARCHIVED-Scythes Guest

awesome sigs - cant wait to see mine ! /Scy
  4. ARCHIVED-Scythes Guest

under my name how do i get the
    Server:
    Guild:
  5. ARCHIVED-Seagoat Guest

Scythes wrote:
    This isn't a sig issue...more of a forum issue. :) Click the "switch personas" link at the top of the page.
  6. ARCHIVED-Thrashercat Guest

Here is the one I made for Scythes.
    [IMG]
  7. ARCHIVED-Scythes Guest

woop woop thank you !
  8. ARCHIVED-Thrashercat Guest

Another one hot off the presses

[IMG]
  9. ARCHIVED-Thrashercat Guest

One for a guildie!

[IMG]
  10. ARCHIVED-Tylia Guest

Crescendo@Everfrost wrote:
    Gif's look "grainy" because they only use 256 colors compared with the millions of colors that other formats use. To help alleviate this problem, you might try creating the images that you are going to animate and/or save in .gif format with 256 color format by lowering the color count. Or, after exporting your image to .gif format, go back and use a small soften brush to smooth out the pixelation. Just some suggestions. :) Your signatures are wonderful. :)
  11. ARCHIVED-Thrashercat Guest

Thanks so much for your advice! I am still a noob when photoshop is concerned I get a lot of help from people online and I truly appreciate it. I will definitely put this advice to good use.
  12. ARCHIVED-Sapphirius Guest

Yep yep. Gif's being in 256 color means that the images will lose quality. There are several ways to prevent this besides repairing the damage after it's been done. Here's the best and easiest way... Limit your use of colors and don't use gradiations. The more shades of something you put into the sig, the less quality your image will have. If you're animating several frames, then keeping those frames the same colors, while a bit bland, will retain most of your picture quality. If you do have different colored frames, then keeping those frames as simple as possible with as few colors as possible does help.
  13. ARCHIVED-Vikzen Guest

Heya again Cres, I'm LOVING the look of your new one and the ones you did for Samarah and Edene...gorgeous!

And on that note I switched mains... LOL

So I'm here to enlist your talented services again if you've got the time :)
    I don't have anything specific in mind, you usually come up with something amazing without my prompting :)
    Name: Vikarioz
    Class: Illusionist
    Guild: Insurrection
    Server: Everfrost

Just fyi Vikarioz is all decked out in red and black gear (i know kind of evil-ish for an Illy...) and she's got some red and black hair (in the regular model) to match. That doesn't have to figure into the sig but just in case it gives you some inspiration :) :)
  14. ARCHIVED-Thrashercat Guest

15. ARCHIVED-Thrashercat Guest

One for Solstyce/Arrowlyn.

[IMG]
  16. ARCHIVED-Thrashercat Guest

One for a fellow troub, Ihateu.

[IMG]
  17. ARCHIVED-Thrashercat Guest

One for Ilander of Barren Sky!

[IMG]
  18. ARCHIVED-Koava Guest

Wow ... your work is incredable. I am going to have to ask ... really really nice for a Christmas presant ... hmmmmm
  19. ARCHIVED-lagertwo Guest

Hello Cressendo,
    I decided to try to connect you sending this post, casue I was unable to follow your link or to e-mail you directly (was told that your e-mail does not exist). I love your signatures and would really appreciate if you make one for me. Can you contact me, please on annapavlova@internode.on.net (this is my e-mail account).
    Best regards,
    Sabrina (Sabrina is my EQ2 caracter's name)
  20. ARCHIVED-Thrashercat Guest