Credit for Raid Mob Quests not updating

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by AvenElonis, Feb 22, 2019.

1. AvenElonis Well-Known Member

Yesterday (Weds night, after the update) we killed Tier 1 Raid Mob(s) and Tier 2 Raid Mob - and neither of the Quests (kill 3 Tier 1s, or 3 Tier 2s) updated. I suspect due to making the Contested Count for this quest. We put in bug messages. Has anyone else seen this ?
  2. Vlkodlak Well-Known Member

Yes we noticed last night the same thing. Of course this lead to contested overloaded with players trying to update their raid quests. I think this was poor planning on DB's part. Effectively one team can go in and clear the T1's, T2's and T3's and get all three raid quests done leaving no contested mobs left for other guilds if timed ahead of their raid times. I would have rather left the contested as is, not counting towards the raid quest credit. Just my two cents
  3. Gninja Developer

Yes, the change to allow contested bosses to update the missions worked! However it is now stopping all non-contested from updating the missions. We are working on it.

Sorry about that :(
  4. Rebelde Active Member

ETA? I only raid on weekend and I fear the worst...
    @Gninja
  5. Pijotre Well-Known Member

Yeah doesn't look good for the weekend, here is a quote from Discord:

Melvan (22nd Feb 15:43 UTC)
    "Will there be a fix for the Raid Updates today?"

Caith (22nd Feb 15:48 UTC)
    "Next update is Tuesday"
  6. AvenElonis Well-Known Member

Sigh - was hoping they would roll the change back.
  7. Rebelde Active Member

As always. They add something and break other things. It will be very sad if they don't fix it as soon as possible to don't harm a lot of guilds :(
  8. Redlight Well-Known Member

So just for clarification you are going to leave this broken for a whole week after trying to fix something that never worked and no one cared about? Outstanding effort
  9. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Not the least of which due to this problem, over 100 people were just standing at the entrance when we zoned in yesterday, doing nothing but probably hoping for credit for part of an award. We promptly left and went to Doomfire. Not an impressive patch effort, I'm sorry to say. Now we have raids that don't give you credit for the time spent and contested raids packed with people who are camped at the entrance doing nothing. Gotta love the irony.
    Drona and Pijotre like this.
  10. Bhayar Well-Known Member

11. Drona Well-Known Member

Excuses , excuses. I expect better from top raid guilds and demand you kill those mob with 5FPS!

PS: I am one of those people camped AFK at zone entrance hoping for quest update :p
  12. Melkior Well-Known Member

Isn't that considered an exploit? Taking a known bug and utilizing it for gains? I'm staying away from it for that reason. I never quite understand the line on things like that so try to stay well away from it.
    Pijotre likes this.
  13. Drona Well-Known Member

Its part of my class description, I am Shadow Knight and its what I am supposed to be do. I bet you are Paladin :D

On serious note, what I am doing is wrong but the only reason why this is happening is that normal raids are not updating. if they were there is no reason for me to be even in the zone since we an kill t1 and t2 mobs.
    Prox likes this.
  14. Bhayar Well-Known Member

DBG doesn't use the definition of "we screwed up." They use "we made a mistake because we didn't pay attention and made something available that players should know wasn't right, but they took advantage anyway." Remember the last big one? Where you could buy something from a vendor for coppers and sell it back to a vendor for plat? How is this situation any different?
  15. Redlight Well-Known Member

This should have been fixed straight away but wasn't probably because it doesn't effect DBGs bottom line,hopefully its patched tonight and all the people who got free weekly updates enjoy their rewards but it really should have had a hot fix.
  16. AvenElonis Well-Known Member

This is fixed now.