Creative Minds Decorating Contest

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Mythical House Item, Nov 26, 2012.

1. Mythical House Item Well-Known Member

[IMG]

This is what happens when Moppets run Decorating Contests... we decided to have a bit of fun while filling orders today..
    Kasumi likes this.
  2. Mythical House Item Well-Known Member

Location! Location! Location!

The Creative Minds Decorating Contest has been underway since Monday, and I am sure a lot of people have been wondering if there was a way they could see the works in progress. The answer is YES, you can!

The people who have so graciously let us use a free house space have opened the doors to visitors. We do ask that if you are visiting to please show some common courtesy and simply watch if the decorator is on site. If at any point a decorator is harassed or otherwise made to feel uncomfortable we will be closing down the houses until the contest is complete.

I want to give a special thanks to Riri of Antonia Bayle, and their army of ponies, for helping Homes and Tomes fill the depot with crafting materials for the contest. Your donations are greatly appreciated! Also, thank you to those who have offered up a free space in their housing lists to host our decorators!

Neriak, City of Hate:

Ordis is hosting
    "Satsuke" at 1 Walk of the Dead
    Theme: Nercomancer's Hideout

South Qeynos:

Tickers is hosting
    "Piora" at 7 Tranquil Way
    Theme: Tinker's Fantasy Suite

Tait is hosting
    "Daesy" at 7 Tranquil Way
    Theme: Princess' Day Spa

Nihke is hosting
    "Tuscian" at 7 Tranquil Way
    Theme: Shaman's Cave

While we did originally have more contestants participating, real life happens, as do the holidays, and other situations, and we look forward to seeing them in future competitions.

Being that our list was considerably shortened we have decided to add a fourth place prize so that everyone wins something! That prize will be one House Pet of the winner's choice.

Stay tuned decorators, you never know what surprises may occur during the contest!

Note: We have left the names of the Mains and server origination of the decorators in the competition confidential, if you are a participant and want to divulge that information please feel free to do so.
    Kasumi likes this.
  3. Vashte Active Member

If you stop in before judging day at Tait's (Daesy Decor) in SQ, my layout is loaded from what I threw together on BB to get an idea of what I'd need, but I still have tweaks to do! It's a busy week in RL here, so pardon the construction dust, the story and other adjustments will get done as time permits within the contest timeframe! ;)
    Kasumi and Kitzy like this.
  4. Mythical House Item Well-Known Member

So, during the order filling, we had a lot more than just moppet fun. I had asked that everyone who was dropping items place them in nice neat piles so that I could take some before and after screenshots.. Here's what happened while a couple of people were dropping some items off:

[IMG]
    Kasumi likes this.
  5. Mythical House Item Well-Known Member

I just want to add that the snippet of Kasumie talking to the mysterious 'You' person was actually Jazabelle talking to Kasumie. The conversation was a screenie provided by Jaza.

BUT - On with the contest. The decorators only have a few days left, some are complete, the others are finishing up.
  6. Mythical House Item Well-Known Member

The clock is ticking, just under two days left for our decorators to finish their projects. If you haven't stopped by these homes, you really should!
  7. Mythical House Item Well-Known Member

Just as a reminder to you decorators involved in the Creative Minds Decorating Contest, we are in the final stretch. Feel free to send me a note letting me know if your house is done early, if you haven't already. Regardless of progress all houses will be judged as is once the clock runs out!
  8. ShyMidnight Active Member

I took a peep at the homes a while ago, and they were promising. It'll be fab to see the final versions after the judging. Good luck!
  9. Mythical House Item Well-Known Member

I took some screenshots of the homes with all of their requested items laid out, I will be taking more of the completed projects and posting a few on this thread, but the complete collection for each home will be posted -->Here<--

Don't forget to keep an eye out for next month's decorating competition details!
  10. rowanleigh Member

Any way to get non facebook pictures?

Thanks.
  11. Anonymous Decorator New Member

all of her fb decorating screencaps are public. you can always go to the contest houses in person. she's only posting part of the homes here and the full captures on her fb, if i read that right.
  12. Mythical House Item Well-Known Member

Correct, all of the Pictures (both before and after) for all of the decorating contests that I host will be uploaded to My Facebook and in public view folders so people don't have to 'log in' if they choose not to.

I will be posting one or two of each home on this thread, but for a complete viewing, as each home has at least 20 screenshots per decorator, you can either visit the homes directly or visit my 2012 Creative Minds Album. I won't be uploading any of the pictures until the judging is complete and I can take the final pictures with the award books and awards in them.
  13. Mythical House Item Well-Known Member

GRAND PRIZE WINNER
    [IMG]

Vashte of Butcher Block

WILL RECEIVE ONE
    MARKET PLACE PRESTIGE HOME
    OF THE WINNER’S CHOICE

2ND PLACE WINNER
    [IMG]

Apoca of Unrest

WILL RECEIVE ONE
    MARKET PLACE DINING SET
    OF THE WINNER’S CHOICE

3RD PLACE WINNER
    [IMG]

Maela of Butcher Block

WILL RECEIVE ONE
    MARKET PLACE HOUSE PLUSHIE
    OF THE WINNER’S CHOICE
    4TH PLACE WINNER
    [IMG]
    Phipia of Guk

WILL RECEIVE ONE
    MARKET PLACE HOUSE PET
    OF THE WINNER’S CHOICE
    I just want to give a special thanks to each of the participants in this year's Creative Minds Decorating Contest, as well as Riri for helping keep the harvest depot stocked during the event, Abbadox for coming to our rescue at the last minute, the members of Homes and Tomes for surviving a crazy day of crafting, the judges of this years competition, and last but surely not least, Dexella for providing some really awesome awards for the homes!

For a full layout of before and after screenshots you can find them here. Stay tuned for next month's competition information.

Happy Decorating!
    *Note*
    All homes were left 'as is' upon publishing, with the exception of the added awards and trophies. Items from moving crates were removed only from houses that the decorators announced completion on prior to closing the homes down for judging. Most of the decorators left out their Item lists for others to view.Thank you Vashte for setting up a larger version of Kitzy in your home to signify our interview. If any of the decorators for this year's competition forgot to save their layout, please contact me privately and we can make arrangements on assisting you with manifests and a personal loading via layout editor.
  14. Mythical House Item Well-Known Member

P.S.

All of the winning homes are published on Antonia Bayle under Medium Homes with the tag:

2012 CMDC
  15. Alenna Well-Known Member

Congrats to Vashte I went to look after I finished mine and really loved your detail. and thank you Kitzy and homes and tomes for running it was my first time actually working on a project from beginning to end and I now know what I can do and have a few of projects I want to finish main ones being the memorial rooms in 2 of my guilds.

I also know that next time I enter a contest like this I need to ask for certain things. :)

P.S I shall give you my decision on the house plushie as soon as I decide which one.

Alenna main of Phipia my Guk carpenter.
  16. Aderissah Member

Woooohooo congrats vashte! :D
    I saw all of these in person and they were all wonderfully done. Great job guys!
  17. ShyMidnight Active Member

I'll be sure to give these houses my votes, I enjoyed the variety of styles. Congratulations to everyone, hopefully these designers will come back for any future competitions because it would be nice to see more of what they dream up when given their themes! :)

Thanks ;)
  18. Vashte Active Member

Thanks for hosting the contest, I love deadlines because they are pretty much the only way I ever fully finish a project! It was really surprising what could be done on a tight budget when you have to use mostly only crafted items, that was probably the biggest hurdle~ knowing what items you needed before the beginning deadline.
    I don't know what contests I'll be able to join in on in the future, but I look forward to trying some of them!
    Thanks for your votes! :)