Creative Minds Decorating Contest

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Mythical House Item, Nov 26, 2012.

1. Mythical House Item Well-Known Member

First Annual
    Creative Minds
    Decorating Contest

Hosted by
    Kitzy Cogknocker
    &
    Homes and Tomes of Antonia Bayle

We here at Homes and Tomes love to decorate and we have a lot of fun doing it! Most of you have seen or know at least one person from our happy family in homeshow chatting, or around Norrath looking for an elusive house item, and have seen some of the handy-work of our decorators on the Antonia Bayle housing leader boards. We know there are other decorators out there and we would like to give you a chance to challenge yourself and inspire others to join in the fun of decorating! It doesn’t matter if you are new to decorating or a seasoned vet, or even if you are from another server! Homes and Tomes is providing the housing and the items, you just need to be here on Antonia Bayle to enjoy a little competition decorating! So break out that open character slot either on your main account, or make a free one, and come get your deco on!

HOW TO ENTER
    All players, regardless of home server are invited to participate. You will need to create a character on Antonia Bayle if you live elsewhere and contact Kitzy via in-game mail or private message me on these boards of your intent to participate. Please make sure you read the rules carefully and happy decorating!

1ST PLACE PRIZE
    WILL RECEIVE ONE
    MARKET PLACE PRESTIGE HOME
    OF THE WINNER’S CHOICE
    2ND PLACE PRIZE
    WILL RECEIVE ONE
    MARKET PLACE DINING SET
    OF THE WINNER’S CHOICE
    3RD PLACE PRIZE
    WILL RECEIVE ONE
    MARKET PLACE HOUSE PLUSHIE
    OF THE WINNER’S CHOICE

2. Mythical House Item Well-Known Member

OFFICIAL RULES

1.Participants visiting for the contest from another server must create a character on Antonia Bayle no later than Sunday December 2nd.

2.Participants will have one (1) day to choose from one of three predetermined “secret” themed houses:

1 Walk of the Dead, City of Neriak
    5 Integrity Road, City of Freeport
    7 Tranquil Way, City of Qeynos

3.On Monday, December 3rd, participants will mail ‘Kitzy’ with the house choice from the character on Antonia Bayle they will be entering with, if from another server include your main’s name and server, no later than 11:59 PM Pacific Standard time.

4.On Tuesday, December 4th, participants will be sent a mail to their Antonia Bayle characters with the “secret” theme of their chosen home and the name on the house that holds it for them.

5.Participants will have from Tuesday, December 4th until Thursday, December 6th at 11:59 PM Pacific Standard time, to mail ‘Kitzy’ with a list of crafted and vendor purchased items, i.e. Dimensional Pocket Expander, Tiles, Halasian Andiron.

6.Participants may not exceed more than 10 platinum and 100,000 status in their item list with regard to vendor purchased items.

7.No items may be used from the Market Place, Quested, Lore and Legend, or Legends of Norrath loot cards, and only items that may be used are crafted and/or bought from City Merchants, Faction Merchants, and Housing Merchants.

8.Participants that are native Antonia Bayle may not craft or use their own items, and only items that are requested in the lists and provided by Homes and Tomes members may be used in the competition.

9.No rare items will be provided during the crafting, however, a participant may choose to use their allocated funds for the crafters of Homes and Tomes to purchase the rares off the broker.

10.City Festival items, Moonlight Enchantment, and Frostfell items, may not be requested for crafting; however participants may request them to be purchased from the broker with their allocated funds. However, Tinkerfest, Nights of the Dead, Erollisi Day, Brewfest, and Bristlebane Day items may be requested.

11.No items may be donated to participants, nor will participants be allowed to craft, borrow, buy, or accept gifts during the competition by anyone outside of the list of items requested and filled by Homes and Tomes members.

12.December 7th all house item requests will be filled and placed in the competition houses by Homes and Tomes members.

13.Participants will have from 12:01 AM Pacific Standard Time on Saturday, December 8th until Tuesday, December 18th , at 11:59 PM Pacific Standard time to decorate their competition homes and write a small story in a provided book about the house. Promptly at 12:01 AM Wednesday, December 19th all participants will be demoted from Trustee to Friend in their competition houses.

14.Judges will be making rounds from Wednesday, December 19th until Friday, December 23rd in all of the competition houses.

15.Winners will be announced on Thursday, December 29th no later than 3 PM, Pacific Standard time via the Forums. At which time the winners will have until Monday, January 3rd to contact ‘Kitzy’ to claim their prizes.

16.In the event of a tie, players will be contacted to participate in a ‘speed decorating’ challenge.

17.All items are provided by, and considered property of, Homes and Tomes members; therefore at the end of the contest, the non-winning houses will have their layout saved by the designers and ALL items returned to Homes and Tomes.

18.Participants will be judged on the following categories:

Implementation of Theme
    Creativity
    Style
    Effective Use of Space
    Story (written in provided book)

19.The top three houses will be published with proper credit given to the winning decorator.

20.This is a solo decorator competition, it is implied that the person entering the competition is the person doing the decorating and only one prize will be given per placing.

21. Homes and Tomes members or their alts are not eligible to participate.
  3. Mythical House Item Well-Known Member

Please direct all questions to:
    Kitzy, Umzug, or Daspien

Good Luck and Happy Decorating!
  4. Kasumi Member

AWESOME PRIZES!! I cannot WAIT to see what people create! With a prestige home up for grabs, I bet there are going to be a LOT of awesome houses created! Wish I could participate :D

Good luck guys!!
    Anonymous Decorator and Kitzy like this.
  5. Jazabelle Well-Known Member

Kitzy did an awesome job writing up the rules and brainstorming this contest!

An emphasis:

The items used to create the homes belong to Homes and Tomes, and will either enter our warehouses or be sold on the broker to fund our guild hall and future contests.

The LAYOUTS created in this contest are the sole property of the decorator who created them. Homes and Tomes will not attempt to borrow, steal, or use any layout created during the course of this contest. Homes and Tomes encourages decorators who participate in this contest to save the layout of their submission once they've finished building it, so that if they wish to recreate the home for themselves, they may easily do so.

I can't wait to see what people come up with!
    Anonymous Decorator, Kitzy and Kasumi like this.
  6. Mythical House Item Well-Known Member

What she said. The only houses that will not be taken down immediately are the top 3 winners. They will be posted on the leader boards for anyone to see with proper credit given to the designers.
  7. Afista Well-Known Member

Can't wait to see what you all come up with! :D
    Anonymous Decorator and Kasumi like this.
  8. Mythical House Item Well-Known Member

Addendum:

We will be paying for the houses of all participants to stay open for 12 weeks and set to visitor for others to wander through or if the designers would like to take a walk through or screenshots for their showcases.
  9. Mythical House Item Well-Known Member

Clarification on dates:

Last day to enter is December 2nd. Contest runs from December 3rd through December 18th. The schedule of events is listed below as well as in the official rules.

Players who are off server must have a character made on Antonia Bayle by December 2nd and have sent a mail to Kitzy in game.

An example mail would be:

Subject: Creative Minds

Kitzy,

My name is Bobboblah from Freeport, this is the character I am going to use for the contest.

The players will have until 11:59 PM Pacific Standard Time on December 3rd to choose their house, this gives me time to go alt hopping and renting the houses.

Participants have from the time they receive their in-game email with the name of the character that is holding their chosen house and the secret theme until 11:59 PM Pacific Standard Time on December 6th to submit their item list for all of the items needed for creating their themed house.

December 7th Homes and Tomes members will be dropping off the items to be used in the competition houses. Once the item orders have been filled the decorators will be given trustee access.

Decorating will begin December 8th - the 18th.

At 12:01 AM Pacific Standard Time on December 19th all competition house designers will be dropped from Trustee status to Friend status and the judges will be going around and looking at each home.

We understand that this may seem a bit confusing, so if you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact Kitzy, Umzug, or Daspien.

Remember that you the participant will not be providing anything but your creative mind! The dates are to help keep everything on a schedule as well as make sure that there is ample time for people to work around their own personal activities.
  10. Mythical House Item Well-Known Member

To the top for Enjja!
  11. Jazabelle Well-Known Member

Don't forget to sign up! The carpenters of Homes and Tomes need something to really test their Mass Production skills on!
  12. Goldinrae Active Member

What a great idea - I love it. I'm gutted that I'm too busy to enter right now (darn RL gets in the way of the good stuff again) but I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with.
  13. Estred Well-Known Member

I wish I could enter though I am off server and a bit poor at planning ahead like that. I go for an idea and build from ground up as I go evolving the idea along the way.
    Kisy likes this.
  14. Mythical House Item Well-Known Member

Today, Sunday, December 2nd, is the last day to sign up for the Creative Minds Decorating Contest! Don't forget to register for your chance to win one of these fabulous prizes!
  15. Jazabelle Well-Known Member

Off server people can participate! It's one reason why we decided to provide the materials to people--so that as long as you're able to make a character on AB (and since EQ2 is free to play, everyone can make a character on AB if they make a free account), you're able to participate in the contest.

You won't know if you're one of the three winners or not unless you actually enter and try! :)
  16. Estred Well-Known Member

Thanks for the offer Jaz, but I have a game to program in Flash and a scene to render in 3ds Max eating up a lot of my time. I wouldn't have enough time to even really put heart into the project. Though I have posted some of my work in the Homeshow now (a guild hall). Perhaps next time.
  17. ShyMidnight Active Member

Nice! Think I should come tour your competition homes and see what your contestants create. New players like me can probably learn a whole lot of stuff about decorating items and ideas. :)
    Kitzy likes this.
  18. Mythical House Item Well-Known Member

Alright folks, registration is now closed. As for Day 1 of the competition, decorators, make sure you get your home choice to me today (December 3rd - Monday) before 11:59 PM Pacific Standard, good luck and happy decorating!
  19. Mythical House Item Well-Known Member

Day 2 has arrived, all of our fabulous decorators have been given their secret theme, location (name on home) of their house to be decorated, and are preparing their lists! I don't know about everyone else, but I am excited to see what they create!
  20. Mythical House Item Well-Known Member

Our decorators have just under 25 hours to get their lists in, I am getting anxious to see what these Creative Minds come up with!