/createfromrecipe

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-KindredHeart, Sep 21, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-KindredHeart Guest

Could someone provide guidance on how to use the /createfromrecipe command? I'd love to be able to create a macro button where I could cast cannibalize then start crafting an item. It would be great for long crafting sessions.
    Thank you in advance
  2. ARCHIVED-Terrogaunt Guest

You need to know the numeric value ( a string of numbers ) for the recipe. While it is accessible for you to get to this command, it's not really designed for you to use it since that value really isn't accessible.
  3. ARCHIVED-KindredHeart Guest

That's a shame :( Any chance of modifying that so the recipe name could be used or the string values could be accessible for those choosing to dig for them?
    In addition to the purpose I was interesed in, I can also see how users with hand dexterity issues would benefit from being able to use the command (placed in a macro assigned to a keypress) vs. mouse clicks. And it would also flow better for users who craft using the corresponding number keys on their keyboards for reactives vs. mouse clicks.
  4. ARCHIVED-kdmorse Guest

In case you're not aware, you can drag recipies to any unused hotbar slot, and can assign any hotbar slot any arbitrary keystroke. That might take care of your desire to start crafting a recipie from the keyboard (unless I misunderstand)
  5. ARCHIVED-kdmorse Guest

And as an extension of that..... Now that we can save hotbars...
    To get a recipe number, put the recipe in question on your hotbar. Then use the savehotkeys file to save your hotbars to a file.
    /savehotkeys afile
    Go find afile in your everquest directory, and open it. Search for the word recipe.
    6 8 recipe 2756839793
    (Hotbar 6 (counting from 0, so it's really 7)), Position 8 (really 9), use recipe, and there's your recipe number. Stand near a woodworking table and...
    /createfromrecipie 2756839793
  6. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

Man, that sounds tremendously exploitable.
  7. ARCHIVED-kdmorse Guest

Calthine wrote:
    I'll bite. What could you possibly do with the ability to start a combine from the command line? Given it's the exact same thing that happens when you start crafting from a hotbar button, or press the 'Create' button in your tradeskills display?
  8. ARCHIVED-Trinral Guest

Ynnek@Kithicor wrote:
    I suspect Calthine meant to say that it sounds tremendously complicated. Clicking cannibalize between TS combines is hardly exploiting. A player aspiring to combo a macro is simply being smart.

I doubt it will work as the OP desires, though. I do not believe initiating tradeskill combines will queue like spellcasts, and cannibalize is not insta-cast. So it is very likely that two clicks will still be required.
  9. ARCHIVED-kdmorse Guest

I futzed with it. It kinda worked.
    I don't have cannibilze. Made a macro, bound a potion to it, and a create command. When the potion was ready, it cast, and at the same time brought up the crafting panel for the item being made. But it only takes you so far, it does not hit begin, so there's no collision between crafting and casting/using/etc... When the potion was not ready, it just did the create.
    It doesn't really save you that much time or effort, but to each their own. I really just wanted to see if I could make the / command work.
  10. ARCHIVED-Deveryn Guest

Ynnek@Kithicor wrote:
    If you were to google this command, you would find results for cheat programs that let you basically craft AFK. That's how it's exploitable. It's not something you want to get into.
  11. ARCHIVED-KindredHeart Guest

Ynnek@Kithicor wrote:
    That's where the /begin_craft command comes in Thank you all so much for your help! I honestly just get blurry eyed while crafting and wanted to stick with one method (key presses). The less I have to use my mouse for crafting the happier I am. As for canni ... it's really just I get in such a rythmn with it that I forget to throw it in and then I'm in the middle of a combine with no power before I know it, so was looking for a way to put it in the macro so I wouldn't omit it anymore.
    Thank you all again!
  12. ARCHIVED-zehly Guest

Savante is good for tradeskilling. So is casting mana-flow on oneself! :)
  13. ARCHIVED-Cloudrat Guest

A good drink and correct use of counters is all you need. I never ever ever run out of power on an toon from a level 22 monk/92 woodworker to tons of other levels/ classes all gotten to 92 crafter with nothing but a good drink.
  14. ARCHIVED-Ulrichvon Guest

Calthine wrote:
    Thats cause it is. If someone tries hard enough they can macro repeated combines. There is already too much information in this thread for someone to figure it out.
  15. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

Deveryn@Crushbone wrote:
    Yep, that. Not that what the OP wanted to do was an exploit, but that a slash command that is not really intended for players to use looks very exploitable to me.