Crashing when loading Guild Halls.

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Auxao, Nov 19, 2016.

1. Auxao New Member

I virtually never crash but about a week or two ago I started crashing to desktop relatively frequently when loading into any guild hall. I'd estimate it somewhere between 20-30% of the time. I hadn't changed any hardware, software, or anything about my machine.

Most of the time the game just closes straight to desktop without any errors. However, maybe 1 in 5 times that happens, I'll get an error that looks something like this:
    [IMG]

I have tried verifying game assets, switching back to default UI, clearing cache folders, reinstalling graphics drivers and reinstalling DirectX.

If anyone has any other suggestions I'd be glad to listen. Thanks.
  2. Praezeptor Member

i have the same error as Auxao every the most time when i call to guildhall. Sometimes by zoning to other Zones.
  3. Anghammarad Well-Known Member

I know this "bug" for over 4 years now. Everything that was mentioned that should help, doesn't.

For example 32 bit windows with 4 gig ram installed kaboom... ok that is really buggy.
    Checking files...
    GFX Drivers
    Reinstall DX 9 full
    etc
    pp

but nothing helps.

That error occurs more often while world events are live. Like Tinkerfest, Halloween, etc...
  4. Auxao New Member

Still haven't found a fix. If anyone has other ideas I'd be glad to hear them
    It just seems odd to me that only guild halls (any guild hall) are causing this issue.
  5. Lojaak Well-Known Member

If it was just one guild hall causing the issue, I'd ask you how many items are placed. With an old guild of mine, once we got close to item limit, load times got ridiculous. Once it took me several minutes to fully log in, and by then I'd fallen through the world. Another guild mate at the time was on a satellite connection and it took him over 15min to log in, and even then he couldn't load the hall. We had to move to a smaller hall and furnish it minimally to get any sort of decent loading time. Houses can be just as bad - I have an empty Kromzek Keep I don't use at all because it takes so long to load. I remember reading something about Daybreak changing something with how housing was queried in the database, and since then loading into housing of any type has been a real chore. I used to love decorating, now I don't even bother, because I know it'll take too long to zone and load things. :(
  6. Sandcrab New Member

This is still happening. Crashes about 50% to 60% of the time.
    Win 10 Pro x64
    32 Gig ram
    nVidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti
    NEW installation of EQII
    Fully updated DirectX 12
    Fully updated OS
    Dual Monitor (Crashes regardless of which monitor, or windowed/full screen)
    Crashes in various guild halls, nearly empty or nearly full. Doesn't matter.

Any status on the resolution of this problem?
  7. Orionza Active Member

This happens to me but rarely. It happened the other day. But I don't always go to my guildhall so having it happen once in awhile is actually a lot for me.

The thing that just kills me is zoning. Anywhere. I crash a LOT. Will be talking to guildmates and I'm gone. It happens to them too. I'm assuming it's a zoning issue rather than just a guildhall issue. It happens when I take a spire, call to Home, call to guildhall, walk through a new zone.
  8. Evguenil62 Well-Known Member

Sandcrab, I wonder what happens if you disable second monitor in the configuration of your Display Adapter.
    Not just unplugging the second monitor, but disabling it in a driver configuration.