Crashing to Desktop

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Gentlepaw, Mar 10, 2020.

1. Gentlepaw New Member

Since 03-09-20 I have been crashing. I can log in just fine, then Boom. I am looking at windows. It happened al night last night( Monday 03-10-20. Before the patch today I was able to play about 1.5 hours.. then boom, crash to desktop again. I have been trying to play since 5am.. crashed about 15 mins prior to the 2 hour maintenance, logged back in and now.. I keep crashing.. for the most part, I can stay connected , once in game, for about 20 seconds...…. this is very frustrating .. as today is my day off and I want to play. Is there anything I can do on my end or is this a game issue?
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Have you tried the simple things?

(1) Turn off your computer, router, and modem. Wait 60 sec then reboot everything. Does that help?

(2) Start Launchpad. Click the Advanced Tools button (crossed hammer and wrench icon) and ask it to validate files. Does that help?

If none of that fixes it, I'd open a Support Ticket.
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  3. Gentlepaw New Member

I have restarted computer, not router. I have validated files.. updated windows( that was a problem but I think that is fine now) I have stable connections to the internet, only EQ is having issues.. I can look at FB, listen to Spotify... check my banking, etc... so it must just be EQ. I Thanks Sig!
  4. Gentlepaw New Member

I have attempted to log a support ticket, but have absolutely no idea how to " attach a file" have zero clue where this mysterious 'Knowledge Base " is.. so am stuck.. frustrated as hell and not happy.. I hate asking for help here but have no other option. I appreciate your patience with my basis computer and web site navigation ignorance.
  5. Gentlepaw New Member

this SO reminds me of the good ol' days.. I fear that I must rely on patience as I will get not helpful help.. just talk.. /sigh
  6. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

(1) When you arrive at https://help.daybreakgames.com/hc/en-us/requests/new it will probably ask you to log in. Do that.

(2) There's a box at the top labeled "How can we help?" That's a search box, type in "crashing" to get KB articles that may be useful. The first Knowledgebase Article you want is Suggestions to resolve crashing and freezing. If that doesn't help, definitely create the support ticket

(3) Again at https://help.daybreakgames.com/hc/en-us/requests/new look for the box with the large header text "Submit a request". In that box, under "Click here to review and update your open tickets." click the drop-down box and select the category "I have a computer or connection problem".

(4) "Select Your Game": chose EverQuest 2

(5) "Category" should be "Crashing"

(6) "I have these files ready to attach" wants you to go to a Knowledgebase Article, How to create system and network information files. Follow the steps in that article to create some files with the info in them that support will need in order to diagnose your issue. the dropdown for "I have these files ready to attach" will allow you to check boxes indicating what files you have that you will be attaching. We'll get to the actual attaching part in a minute.

(7) "Server": select your server from the dropdown.

(8) "Subject": This is the subject line for the email basically. I'd probably call it "Crashing to Desktop" just as you did in this post.

(9) "Description": Cut-and-paste the text from your original post in this thread into the Description box.

(10) "Attachments": Assuming you created the diagnostic files in step 6, drag and drop them into the box to attach them.

(11) Click the "Submit" button.

(12) You will quickly get an automated email telling you they got your support request. It may end up in your spam or junk email folder, look for it and I'd whitelist the address.

(13) When an actual person reviews the request, they may email you with questions. You can always go back to https://help.daybreakgames.com/hc/en-us/requests/new and find your ticket in the "My Ticket Activity" box. From there select the ticket, you can add to it, answer questions, or just check and see what's happening with it.
    witchy77, Cyrrena and Breanna like this.