Fixed Internally Crashing to desktop when zone no to GHall

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Tinkrbelle, Mar 28, 2020.

1. Beee Well-Known Member

reducing resolution of texture resolution solved this problem for my guilhall some time ago
  2. Moss Well-Known Member

I've the same issue on all my computers zoning in or out guild hall and some other zones, sometimes I've to login and crash 5 to 10 time in a row to be able to login and leave our guild hall. What should we do ? Open a support request using /bug ?
  3. Taled Well-Known Member

In my experience, this specifc crash message is when your system runs short on memory to load whatever textures/pak files are needed.

Try having them use the settings tool outside the game to lower to bare bones graphics and see if they still have the same issue.

See here:

[IMG]
    Tkia likes this.
  4. Ratalthor Developer

We are investigating ways to fix this. Until then, please reach out to customer support for assistance.
    Cheddarmeister likes this.
  5. puppybreath Active Member

Are you trying to enter the T3 guild halls off the CL docks? That is a known issue that many have issue with zoning into these hall. It does not matter the decorations or not. T3 halls do not like some systems.

Try zoning in in first person view. Turn your performance settings down from what they are now.

We are lucky we have a T1 hall we give access to any of our member than crash when trying to enter our guild. We are on the Skyfire server so its everywhere.
  6. Cheddarmeister New Member

Thank you! This issue has been driving me crazy.
  7. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Unfortunately, I have the problem with our T1 NQ GH.
  8. Telepath Active Member

This is not a problem with the "power" of some peoples systems.. It is a problem with the game code itself. My PC benchmarks top 1% in every category and this happens to me constantly in the T3 Qeynos GH. Sometimes immediately on zoning in, sometimes after having been in the GH for a little while. If I drop my game settings to extreme performance it improves, but the crash still happens eventually. The optimal solution here would be to hunt down the bad code that causes this. It would not want to see the number of items you can have in a GH reduced as a brute force non-fix.
  9. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

The problem increases in frequency the more you zone. In fact, you can crash zoning anywhere after several zones. To me, this suggests a memory leak when zoning, maybe old assets are not being cleared from working memory when headed into the new zone, so that loading the new zone's assets causes a crash?
    Breanna and Kassamai like this.
  10. Harlequin A bard.

Yep. Yep we have this issue!!!
    Probably the #1 thing that drives my guildies and I crazy, actually, is the guild hall. We have the Highhold guild hall, and even those of us with beefy rigs crash relatively consistently, regardless of how we've decorated. It's especially aggravating given that this is a Station Cash hall--we all as a group pitched in for it. I feel bad for thinking about moving since we paid for it, but also feel bad for keeping a hall that 5-6 people outright avoid (big issue in a roleplay guild).
    OH! Hoping this helps! I can replicate a crash on my system, 100% of the time, by flipping my character and environment texture resolution from High to Maximum while in the guild hall. Entering the hall with texture resolution set to Maximum doesn't always crash me but VERY frequently will (it might crash on loading, or it might crash 15 mins later while I'm at the broker). Lowering this setting in particular seems to drastically cut the crashing down for us (though some people on potato computers need to lower it to Medium or Low in order to fully stop).
  11. Denebi Member

hello
    I have been having the same problem for some time now, but the reason I am posting is because the frequency of crashes is increasing significantly and it is becoming extremely annoying:
    - crash while zoning guild hall (fatal error )
    -crash while zoning in instances (with direct return to the office)

Where are you with your investigation?
  12. Xevran Well-Known Member

I've been having this problem too, I ctd zoning into my guild's gh unless I set the graphics to minimum. It's very frustrating.
  13. Ratalthor Developer

Is anyone still having the issue where it crashes you to desktop when entering guild halls?
    Twyla likes this.