Fixed Internally Crashing becoming a common thing

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Unnattural, Jan 27, 2022.

1. Taled Well-Known Member

I don't know if you've been kept in the loop, but Ombrette (Allumette) above had some success discovering what seemed to be the main culprit of the straight-to-desktop crashes that didn't include an error pop up; the 'examine.xml' file in DarqUI appears to have some conflict with a silent change to the default version since GU119. Swapping that for the default UI version allowed her to play with a lot less - if not nearly none - of the crashing she was seeing before hand.

Darq is aware and theoretically working on it, but if you guys have ideas on the server-side, that might help if players are seeing it with other non-standard UIs as well.
    Twyla likes this.
  2. Virtuosity Active Member

Been crashing to desktop maybe 3 or 4 times a day when zoning over the past 2 or 3 weeks. before that, i crash maybe once a month and yes, i do have fairly high hours of play on various toons so am more likely to crash than some who log in just to raid etc. But still, a huge increase ... maybe speed up 64 bit release to, oh lets say next patch?
    Riverbear likes this.
  3. Orionza Active Member

I came to see if others are having this issue too. I do not use DarqUI. I have been given tips but nothing helps. Yesterday it happened to me at least 5 times, the day before about 7. Today I've only been on an hour and it's happened twice.

I am crashing nearly every time going to guild, nearly every time I go to a house. Mostly not when calling to a town or using the globes or travel methods. It does rarely crash in the wild but it's really very rare.

This crashing happened frequently before, and it was fixed. But it's back. I hope the devs will fix this because it's really really impacting gameplay for some of us.
    Twyla likes this.
  4. Anatha Active Member

Turns out for me it was DarqUI. This has been fixed.
    Taled likes this.
  5. Orionza Active Member

I'm posting my error message. I'm assuming it's the same as everyone's? I crashed probably 7 times today. I can't stand it anymore!
    [IMG]
    Riverbear likes this.
  6. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Remember that 64-bit is coming this summer, and that it appears likely to stop the crashing problems. Don't give up yet.
    Twyla and Orionza like this.
  7. Riverbear Active Member

That should be enough to fill the bill for " more information needed " I should think.

Perhaps it is time to admit the advance background work for 64bit transaction is the culprit
    in lieu of hunkering down & saying nothing until we actually throw the switch on 64.

Thought being : the crashes will poof and happiness all around. ;)
    Hope that works out for ya!
  8. Dude Well-Known Member

Humor is the microbe that ensures all happiness works in unison.
    Twyla likes this.
  9. Riverbear Active Member

All your base are now us.
  10. Telepath Active Member

I see you need more info. here is some more.
    .[IMG]
    Riverbear likes this.
  11. Telepath Active Member

And here is a different one only 1.5 hours later
    [IMG]
    Got this one a second time 2.5 hours after I posted it
    Riverbear likes this.
  12. Telepath Active Member

Here is another one a few hours later. Giving you lots of info.
    [IMG]
    Riverbear likes this.
  13. Riverbear Active Member

Still more information needed?
    REALLY?
    By not acting on good data you are confirming my exposition that Devies all ready know the issue and are hunkering down using the Christmas story defense in the hopes 64 will fix it and save them.
    How's that workin' out for ya?
    Popcorn?
  14. Telepath Active Member

The best way to avoid the memory leak that causes these crashes is to play on a 14" monitor in 800X600 resolution with In game graphics set to "extreme performance"
  15. Ratalthor Developer

The client-memory related crashes seem to be resolved with the release of the 64-bit client. If you are encountering crashes, please open a new thread with specific information on the crash. Thanks for all your posts.