Fixed Internally Crashing becoming a common thing

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Unnattural, Jan 27, 2022.

1. FuRiouSOne Well-Known Member

Zoning from forlorn gyst to Svarni Expanse

[IMG]
    Bluhr, Myxx, Quillyne and 1 other person like this.
  2. FuRiouSOne Well-Known Member

Running around Forlorn doing TS gathering quest was about to go through the first arches at district of nights

[IMG]
    Bluhr, Myxx and Xillean like this.
  3. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Those of you getting DirectX errors, please mention in your posts what version of DirectX you have. EQ2 is pretty picky and wants DirectX 9.0.c, specifically, and no, a later version won't work (you end up dropping DX 9.0.c into your EQ2 folder, it works fine alongside newer DX versions).

If you do have DX 9.0.c, specifically say so, so that you can't be blown off by someone thinking you just haven't got the right version. I know I have DX 9.0.c, and yet I sometimes get the same DirectX9RenderDevice error.
    Myxx likes this.
  4. FuRiouSOne Well-Known Member

We have been "blown off" for over 15+ years lol. These are the same errors that's been reported those 15+ years and continue to plague this game.
    Myxx likes this.
  5. Beee Well-Known Member

Actual the game closes or crashes (with a direcx 9.0c error) almost for every raidmember at least once an evening, maybe during the fight or at zoning.
    Myxx likes this.
  6. Hellfiren Well-Known Member

Yes the LDs are turning up, especialy if zone to Forlorn Gist or into the Crafter zone or From the Crafter zone to Forlorn.

Hopfully this gets better if Hardware on servers and Client will be upgraded to 64bit systhems so we get less comuication problems betweeen our systhems and the servers it self and the client is able to use the whole RAM sources of Windows 10 or 11.

Mostly Crashes apear if logging around toons and or zone very often.
    barcevik and Myxx like this.
  7. FuRiouSOne Well-Known Member

Very interesting error popups this time lol. Zoning into Mistmoore manor home after doing all VoV solo zones.

[IMG]
    barcevik likes this.
  8. Beee Well-Known Member

[IMG]
    Bluhr and Quillyne like this.
  9. Beee Well-Known Member

[IMG]
    Bluhr and Quillyne like this.
  10. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

11. Dusano Matron of Lore and Innovation

Hahahahaha this is old as the game i had lots of those....
    Tell me why!!!!!!!!!!! Isnt fixed!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yet!!!!????????????!?
    Is it money?! They have the money show me the money!!!!!
  12. Karamella Well-Known Member

I'm not getting this fatal error message, it just throws me back to the character list and it needs a couple of relogs until I can continue playing.It happens while zoning, doing tradeskill dailies in Forlorn Gist which it very annoying because the illusion buff vanishes, entering homes or leaving it, so always and everywhere.
    Server: Thurgadin
    barcevik, Breanna and Lateana like this.
  13. Ratalthor Developer

We are investigating this issue. We are working towards the release of a 64-bit client that could potentially help address some of these issues.
  14. Gematria Active Member

Just standing around in Guild Hall after an hours raiding.
    [IMG]
    Bluhr likes this.
  15. AvenElonis Well-Known Member

I would hope a move from Direct9 to a more up to day version would part of the 64-bit - along with the ability of the game to make use of the GPU on the video card.
    Sturmlocke and Breanna like this.
  16. Emereldas New Member

I've not experienced this crash as of yet but I seem to see a possible pattern in those screenshots. Unless it is just how the crash report is worded, it seems that all the screenshots so far are showing eq2 being installed on a drive labeled "g".
  17. Tkia Well-Known Member

Not relevant. That is simply a path on the development sysem and nothing to do with the client machines.
  18. Almee Well-Known Member

I have the same problems as Lateana: " Whenever I camp to another character I mostly crash to the select character screen instead of going to the designated character. And in what I think is a related issue, crafting has become much more difficult due to delayed responses (lag?) to keyboard inputs." I also get "This Account Is In Use" error messages and have to log in again when changing characters. This happens on Thurgadin, Maj'Dul, and Public Test. Furthermore, it doesn't seem to be the computer as the Public Test characters load far quicker than Thurgadin characters which load quicker than Maj'Dul characters.

When characters crash, while changing characters, I'm almost always in the guild hall or my crafting house. All are filled to the brim with items. I've rarely had characters crash, when changing characters, in overland areas.
    barcevik likes this.
  19. Jinksie Well-Known Member

Two of our raiders got unrecoverable errors about 5:28PM PT today during the Persepherator fight.
  20. citizen256 Member

Just wanted to add: I crashed a couple times when clicking the "?" to bring up the claim window. I didn't even get a crash dialog, just dropped to my desktop. The "/claim" command seems to work safely though.

Windows 7 x64
    Myxx likes this.