Crash to Desktop

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Zhari, Jun 7, 2018.

1. Zhari New Member

I have been having an annoying problem of crashing to desktop whenever I zone into our guildhall. It has happened at other random zoning moments (rarely), but consistently when I zone into the guildhall. I receive the following fatal error message:

EverQuest II has detected an unrecoverable error and must shutdown.
    <verify>
    G:\live\eq2\framework\core\devices\directX9RenderDevice.cpp (15776) <and a random number that changes with each crash>

I've researched this error message, and each search has revealed that this is a server-side issue. Is there some sort of work around? It has become quite annoying.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Maegwin New Member

I am experiencing this, too, during those exact times - sometimes (rarely) with random zoning moments, but almost every time I zone into the guildhall. Research has only pulled up discussions between 2006 and 2012 for the most part, and involved updating of DirectX9 drivers. Nowadays, we're mostly working off of DirectX11 and 12... could that be part of the issue?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  3. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

If your guildhall is heavily decorated, especially by the zone-in point, you may just be getting a memory error. This has been known to happen.

EQ2 is picky, it wants DirectX 9.0c, specifically, even if you have later version of DirectX. You can just put it in the main EQ2 folder. You can download it direct from Microsoft.
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah, I think there was a moment when the Powers had thought they'd fixed the issue, but nope, DirectX9.0c. Doesn't hurt anything else in your computer to have that in there along with the more recent ones. ;->

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.