(Crafting) xp broken after last week's xp bonus?

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Rynda, Oct 12, 2017.

1. Rynda Active Member

It appears that the crafting xp gain for rush orders has been reduced significantly after last week's xp bonus and not just reset to normal. A rough estimate is that crafting xp gain now is less half of what it was before the 30% bonus. I have noticed this across different crafters, and it is the same for all of them.

I don't know whether it's the same for adventure xp as I've been busy crafting to amass status.

Has anybody else noticed that xp gain is a whole lot slower than it used to be?
    Ceyllynn likes this.
  2. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

they did the same thing the last time, and someone piped up "oh well it's supposed to be slow on this server"... and yes my adv xp has dropped again.

crafting is painful enough as is, but dgb doesn't seem to care.
    Rynda likes this.
  3. Ajos Member

8 writs at lvl 15 and it didn't lvl me......xp was never ever ever that low . ever.
    Rynda and Ceyllynn like this.
  4. Pierce New Member

Something feels off, but I'm a recently returning player who started when the 30% xp bonus was active.

Adv. xp only feels good when you have vitality + a 50% pot going, without either its crazy slow.
    Tradeskill xp feels slow too, but I'm only lvl 30. With a 50% pot going, I was getting 8-9% xp per rush order @ lvl 28, which was about a level per hour. Without any bonus it was more like 5-6% per rush order, which would mean at least 1h 40m per level in the high 20's. Seems steep, but I guess it drives xp potion sales, which is what I'm guessing this is all about.

I've grouped with returning players and a bunch have commented on how slow progression is.
  5. Rynda Active Member

I don't mind the slow xp gain prior to the 30% xp bonus, that's why I went to TLE, to take it slow and easy for a change. I do mind painfully slow though where you don't detect much progress at all.

Before the 30% xp bonus I was grinding rush orders without vitality for 5 levels on my provisioner (needed the status for a crafting station) and that was a bit tedious but admittedly very doable with a whole lot of hot tea and some good music in the background. Now however, I find myself logging out of game out of sheer frustration after an hour of rush orders with very little progress and doing other things than EQ2 - I don't think that's how DBG intended it to be, they must care about maintaining the subscriptions? :confused:
    Ceyllynn and Prissetta like this.
  6. Atan Well-Known Member

Can someone post actually numbers?

What percent XP from writ turn in at a given level?

It is hard for me to test right now, cause the bonus XP was so stupid broken all 13 of my crafters are 60 now. I do have some data on xp from turn in from different level ranges. If someone can post some current results I can see if I have logged data that would demonstrate if it is off, and by how much.

I use this data to compute how many resources I need to farm to take a specific crafter thru a tier of writs, for example how many mats I need to grind a weaponsmith from 30 to 40 with writs. I like to get all my harvesting done and just knuckle down writs while I watch football. By knowing how many writs it takes to get those 10 levels, and examining the recipes for the writs, I can make a quick spreadsheet that tells me exactly how much damn feyiron I need to harvest to make that push.
    Rynda, Ceyllynn and Prissetta like this.
  7. Justmeagain Member

At lvl 41 as armorer with no vitality I get less than half a purple of xp per writ now. I thought it was just a huge grind once lvl 40 hits but yea before the 30% exp it was usally a purple and a half. Also tradeskill vitality burns up way way too fast. I mean 14% vitality gets me less than 2 writs. Plus writ turn ins eat vitality.
    Ceyllynn likes this.
  8. Rynda Active Member

I ran through most of my crafters till they were out of vitality, and got the following results:

40 provisioner with vitality, lvl 40 rush order: 8.0% XP gain (10.1% vitality cost)
    40 provisioner without vitality, lvl 40 rush order: 4.0% XP gain

32 alchemist with vitality, lvl 30 rush order: 9.2% XP gain (7.4% vitality cost)
    32 alchemist without vitality, lvl 30 rush order: 4.6% XP gain

47 carpenter with vitality, lvl 44 rush order: 7.9% XP gain (10% vitality cost)
    47 carpenter without vitality, lvl 44 rush order: 4.0% XP gain

30 armorer with vitality, lvl 30 rush order: 11.1% XP gain (8% vitality cost)
    30 armorer without vitality, lvl 30 rush order: 5.6% XP gain

40 woodworker with vitality, lvl 40 rush order: 8.0% XP gain (10.1% vitality cost)
    40 woodworker without vitality, lvl 40 rush order: 3.8% XP gain

29 weaponsmith with vitality, lvl 29 rush order: 12.1% XP gain (7.9% vitality cost)
    30 weaponsmith without vitality, lvl 30 rush order: 5.6% XP gain

36 jeweler with vitality, lvl 34 rush order: 7.9% XP gain (8.2% vitality cost)
    36 jeweler without vitality, lvl 34 rush order: 3.9% XP gain
    Feys and Ceyllynn like this.
  9. Carynn Well-Known Member

Wow, that is a drop. It was roughly 9% per rush order without vitality below level 50 before DoF came out. This may have gotten the same nerf bat everything else did two days after DoF release.
    Rynda likes this.
  10. Rynda Active Member

If it was about 9% without vitality it does looks like close to a 50% reduction. How on earth is this justified on a TLE server where xp gain is already slow? Or is it just a matter of wanting to sell vitality and xp potions for the game to be reasonably playable to anyone crafting?

Not happy about this at all, it's too time consuming spending double the amount of time first harvesting and then crafting, and I have zero intentions of buying pots to counter an xp nerf that's uncalled for!
    Ceyllynn likes this.
  11. Blaupunkt Active Member

Its not just crafting, running about in RoV with full vit on Saturday i was getting 0.2% per kill, DBG are slowly killing my interest in EQ2 with all the crap.

I usually have a couple of ALT's and they are all crafters also but not on this server, crafting is so painful i did not get past level 20 something and my highest ALT is 31 or so, no I am not about to starting buying XP pots just to be able to level at a reasonable pace, sure I dont want it like live but at the very least make all XP rates like they were on SH.
    Ceyllynn and Rynda like this.
  12. Rynda Active Member

I find it quite discouraging, especially considering that one must sub to play on TLE. I'm more than happy to pay the subscription (and would wish everyone did so we could avoid the extent of micro transactions and pay to win), but I don't want to be forced into paying extra in order to level up 8 crafters.

I'm really bummed out about this as I was thoroughly enjoying TLE but I simply don't have the time to double the time & effort for the same result, so sadly enough I'm considering cancelling my subscription at the end of the month and just be a casual visitor on live.
    Ceyllynn and Feys like this.
  13. Pierce New Member

As much as I enjoy playing eq2 and the TLE experience, it's very hard to justify playing an alt when there is such a huge time requirement to level. I've hit adv lvl 32 on my main, 30 tradeskill, and there's no way I could see myself doing it again with an alt if the rates stay as they are.

I'm very low on dbc and once my xp pots dry up, I'm not sure how long the game will keep my interest. In it's current state, its just way too slow and it sucks the fun out when you're grinding for multiple hours just to get a single level. What is worse though, is that most of the people that hit 60 early had a way easier time from what it sounds like. Why would you make it harder for returning players to catch up with the current expansion?
  14. Feys Member

I agree that crafting xp sucks badly on this TLE server. As does Adv xp.

There is a big difference between slow and painfully slow - I find it painfully slow to the extent that I rarely feel inclined to actually log in.

I agree with Rynda about paying the subscription - I am not going to pay to play and pay extra to enjoy playing. I may also give up on this subscription very soon if as I expect, nothing changes on the xp front.
  15. Atan Well-Known Member

So yeah, that is almost exactly half the previous values.
    Rynda likes this.
  16. Rynda Active Member

Thanks for checking, Atan :)

At least those of us who have wondered about the crafting xp now know that's it's a factual xp reducion and not just the sensation after the 30% bonus.

There has to be a balance between grinding and fun, DBG has upset that balance and in my opinion too much.

DBG has taken the xp (both adventuring and crafting) nerf too far and I think it will be too much of a discouragement causing a decline in the player base on TLE as those of us who can't play all day/every day, and who don't want to pour cash into vitality and XP potions to level at a - for TLE - reasonable pace when we already pay our subscriptions will return to live (and possibly stop sub'ing) or find other games altogether. It's a crying shame as TLE was a great concept and great fun until the 50% xp nerf.
    Ceyllynn likes this.
  17. Karioki Active Member

It's plain why they are doing this. They want to sell more potions. They are getting greedy when it comes to the cost of those items so much so that they are chasing buyers away.
    Ceyllynn and Rynda like this.
  18. Springelf Active Member

The exp for this server started super low....I cant imagine this continued nerf'ing is on purpose? I do know my husband was starting to level a new tradeskiller....did it for an hour or so and was like forget this. I have 2 60 tradeskillers and after hearing all of this here and from folks in game...never mind another.
    Snikkety, Ceyllynn and Rynda like this.
  19. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

it's the stealth nerfing that's really getting to me and the lack of owning up to making a mistake...
    Rynda likes this.
  20. Atan Well-Known Member

When I have a moment and have access to my spreadsheet, I can make a table showing the difference, but it is very close to 50% of what it was 3 weeks ago.

As far as the rest of the speculation, it doesn't really make sense to me. It's easy to put on a tin foil hat and say its about selling XP potions, but that is in direct conflict with them having the bonus xp flat out broken for a week.

I think it is far more likely that this is just human error and it is representative of how little time and effort they have choose to spend on this server.