crafting level up process ?

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Geroblue, Jul 19, 2019.

1. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Etaiharn's rooms. Egad. Cannot even spell my own characters' names correctly.

Anyway, I did start a character on the road to crafting and got most of the starting items from one of the depots.
    Breanna and Soara2 like this.
  2. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

HAHAHA. I'd been gone from this game for so long, that I didn't realize that I already had the vitality restoring item in my bank until after I bought another. At least it was cheap.
    Faeonara, Rhodris, Dude and 2 others like this.
  3. Feonah New Member

Just reached the stage where I've got 2 to 110 in TS, unfortunately the provisioner if only 74 adventure whilst the sage is 100and not likely to advance much quicker until it can survive in PoP to do the sig line. Atm working my way through Vespyrr and Maldura to try and improve adv exp and get the quest that allows me to ditch the goblin and get the garden for KA/CD harvests. Have done the Coldain Prayer Shawl, Earring of the Solstice and What Lies beneath with all 9 crafters. The latter 2 are especially useful, the Earring for special shinies and the latter as it gives you an item that lets you cast escape even if the class doesn't normally possess it. I also found that Adorn and tinkering have both been useful both for levelling and for the tinker, the items like the smokescrren and rebreather. Saves me having to buy potions etc for those toon that don't get the skill normal.
    Yes, I know I'm weird but I chose to level 9 different crafters so I could make stuff myself without having to find someone to help me out. At the moment 6 of the 9 ( Sage, Alchemist, Jeweller, Provisioner, Carpenter and Tailor ) are all over 100 whilst the other 3 are in the high 90's. Just concentrating now on tryng to level them to 100 to make it easier to harvest in certain zones which being a solo player is taking a while.
    Still, having fun doing it so that's all that counts.
    Jaeded likes this.
  4. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Well, I'm working on getting a Skyfire crafter up to about level 41 so I can scribe the merry key, etc. before the end of Frostfell. Spent about 30 or 40 minutes getting from upper 37 to low 39 crafting.

Got the 3 key recipes, I just can't scribe them yet.

Whoosh. My eyes were starting to bother me so taking a break.

Already have them on the other server I have characters on.
  5. Geroblue Well-Known Member

No go. Got my Kerra up to 43rd craft level. Still cannot scribe the key recipes. I'll keep doing crafting quests to get my crafting level up.

According to the wiki, have to be crafter 90+; however, the goblin decorating recipes are at 75 level.

So, although my characters' crafting skills were down at 31st level, I could still scribe the 75 level recipes ?

I'm confused again.
    Faeonara likes this.
  6. Faeonara Well-Known Member

Frostfell is a bit of a gift for low level crafters since you can scribe and craft the gifts the goblins want you to make , When I do the instance I craft all the items they want but I do not hand them in just yet . I go pick up more paper from the supplies and keep crafting the gift recipe over and over and over again how many times you want since you will gain exp every time you craft one . It is part of the magic that you can skill up this way and all you need to get is the paper and the fuel ..no harvesting ,When you are tired of crafting then go hand the quests in for even more experience You can level up quite easily this way .
    As far as the keys go ,yes you have to either be level 90 tradeskill to scribe them or get the keys and give them to a level 90 to scribe them so they can make "commision" the item for you , They will target you and a box will open that allows you to put the mats and fuel needed to make the keys After accepting the crafter will make the item which will then be placed in your bags .
    After they are in your bags you will have to go look for the chests . I am sure wiki and or Zam have locations for all of them.
    If you contact Faeonara on Skyfire and have the materials to make what is needed I will gladly make the keys for you . I am in game playing most days Faeonara or an alt Just ask in the Homeshow chat channel if Faeonara is on and we can make arrangements.
  7. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I think I do have all of the mats, but I'll double check.

Thank you.

I have two characters at crafting 39. And one at crafting forty something. Didn't write it down.

Not sure when it will be though as I have a bit of a cold today.
  8. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I sent you a tell from the character Plahianah who has the mats and recipes in the bank.

edit: Using the info you mentioned I have the above character at crafting 45 woodworker.
  9. Geroblue Well-Known Member

My apologies, I have to log out for awhile. Pm me with a date and time please. Monday is good, and so is Thursday.
  10. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Okay, got the character to 50th tradeskill. I am getting kinda tired of crafting.

Anyway, likely be out of the game on Dec 24 and 25, 2019
  11. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Character is now 55th crafting level.

Busy on Dec 25.

Have fun and Merry Christmas !
    Breanna likes this.
  12. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Character is now 61 crafting. Plahianah on Skyfire.

I've noticed that the gift making xp slowly lowers more and more each time a batch of around 12 are made. Eventually it doesn't keep on being worth staying in the instance and crafting. Better to hand in, and come back 18+ hours later and do it again.
  13. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Crafting level 66.

Now it looks like the crafting xp lowers during making one item, it doesn't have to be the gifts. I can post my log if needed.

Crafting level

craft one item, the crafting xp changes lower and lower.

Crafting level up.
  14. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Tried a different character on a different account.

Went to the same quest, decorating for the goblins in the ice cave.

Crafting xp started out well, with 100% xp potion and crafting booster, the boxus xp was over 1000 per item made.

Even after going up a crafting level, it stayed up, then it dropped.

Got the character from 29 to 40 crafting level, but the crafting xp was not consistent.

And I need to learn how to talk on different channels... never did figure it out on EQ side. Hopefully I'll do better over here.

Thanks !
    Breanna likes this.
  15. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Faeonara made the keys for me. Note that the key recipes are Heirloom. Odd, that makes it more difficult to commission them. The crafter has to get key recipes so the keys can be crafted. The mats and fuel are tradable.

Now I have Frostfell crafting stations on both Maj'Dul and Skyfire servers where all of my toons can get to them.

Qeynos, Deepwater, Nejiara. Enter and turn left. Well, follow all of the house items down to the crafting stations. Visitors don't have access to the depots. I think the crafting stations will work for you.

The ones on Skyfire are currently on Tinkerer's Isle, but I think I am going to move them, along with the depots that are there.
  16. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Went back to the first character. Just had crafting boosters... got from Crafting 66 to crafting 69.

Gift XP started at a low of 159 then dropped to 153 xp. Since it was so low to start, I didn't get an xp booster from marketplace. i felt it would just be a waste.

All kinda strange... that account is now f2p. When it was all access, the gifts started at 300 something xp and went down from there. Oh, well, time marches on.

That account now has 60 days on it. Hopefully I'll get a xp pot set Soon [TM] before January 7.