Crafting in Adventuring Quests

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by SentinelBasch, Mar 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kuulei Well-Known Member

There are heritage and signature line quests that require crafting as well. There are epic's that require crafted items. This is EQ2, if you played EQ1, which this game is a 'tangent' of, crafting was needed there as well to complete certain questlines. This interaction of adventurers and crafters is something that happens in MMO's! :eek:

Either you can make your own crafter or purchase / barter for the services of one!

That questline has been in game since DoF launch. I completed it on at least 2 of my characters and the first time I completed it, was prior to KoS!
    Finora likes this.
  2. SentinelBasch Active Member

Well, I didn't say I was giving up on the game - just taking a break. My life has pretty much been devoted to it for the last couple of months - a break could be beneficial. This is a fantastic game - I really can't see myself giving up on it for good.

In the last MMO I was devoted to, LoTRO, the friends I had made all the difference in the world. There was a girl that I played and Skype'd with almost every day for hours upon hours. Playing with someone while on video chat at the same time is really, really fun. It was hard to accept help from her, too, but I was gradually able to let my strict mentality go because she was a friend and we shared so much together - LoTRO was our third MMO. LoTRO has some glaring flaws in the endgame that I was able to overlook because of my friends, but when they stopped playing, the game wasn't strong enough to keep me.

I have made some friends in EQ2, but they are very casual, and I really don't know much about them. Also, none of my real-life friends want to play this game with me, so it's a little tough. It would be fun to have the same thing back again, even just one friend I could video chat and play with daily.
  3. Deveryn Well-Known Member

I can certainly relate to that. I've known a handful of people on Everquest 1 for about 12 years now. If it weren't for them being there, I wouldn't see myself coming back every so often to try things out. Do what you need to do, but consider loosening the restrictions you're putting on yourself there.
  4. Avirodar Well-Known Member

You may want to check your facts, prior to ranting. Direct from the quest journal itself:

Court of the Blades: Dukaris, Hero of the People
    Level: 50 Heroic
    Category: Maj'Dul

You do know what that means, right? The part where it says "Level: 50 Heroic" should be self explanatory.

If you outraged because a solo player may require some form of assistance in completing a heroic quest... It may be a good time to take a break, because there is not a problem with the quest.
  5. SentinelBasch Active Member

There really wasn't much of a point in belaboring that. But if you insist: I never said it wasn't a heroic quest. In the part of my post which you didn't highlight I said that the particular part of the quest I was referring to was not heroic, and that is true. That part of the quest was intended to be soloed, evidenced by the lizardmen you had to beat, too, which were not heroic. Regardless, whether it's heroic or not is irrelevant - heroic content means that it's intended for more than one person for combat - it has nothing to do with tradeskilling, and I have no issues with grouping up whatsoever (as I also said).

However, another poster explained why Maj'Dul was set up this way, and I understand why it was set up that way at the time. So it's all good, and resolved. I was never "outraged" and this was never a rant - just an expression of my opinion at a particular aspect of game design. That's all.

And thanks to everyone who posted their own perspectives. I'll try to work on softening my strict mentality. ;)
  6. Avirodar Well-Known Member

It does not matter if someone can solo some/most/all a HEROIC quest line - it is a heroic quest, and has been flagged as such because SOE intended for it to be done with support/aid/interaction from other players.If you think that the lizards Twin Tears (Sinking Sands) being solo, gives you any credibility/merit, think again. All the lizard men at that spot were heroic when the quest was actually relevant. It was intended by the quest designer that a player interaction be required for multiple stages of the quest line, thus it was tagged heroic.

SOE nerfing overland content (including the lizards in mention) does not magically mean the whole quest line should be solo. Thus, your raging/threats about taking a break from EQ2 because you are mad about a heroic quest, is what it is... Ridiculous. Even more for the lulz, back when the quest you're crying about was actually relevant, the lizard men (that were heroic) dropped the ring you need. They probably still do, unless the SOE_Loot_Script removed them.

In summary: There is no problem with the quest, or the requirements to progress through it.
  7. SentinelBasch Active Member

LOL. Seriously, what is your problem? You're the one who is making a mountain of a molehill.

I did not rage, and I did not threaten. If you had actually taken the time to read my posts, you would see that I mentioned that bit about taking a break because I have been playing the game way too much. It had nothing to do with the quest. I'm not going to quit a game over one quest.

And I wasn't looking for any credibility or merit with this thread, but clearly you are, as this has long been resolved yet you keep at it just to have something to argue about. My opinion happens to disagree with yours. That's all right - really, it is. That's all this thread was for - to express an opinion. This forum is called general gameplay discussion.

Since you're apparently only reading the parts of this thread that you want to read, let's just agree to disagree, OK?
  8. Avirodar Well-Known Member

My problem is people like you. People who complain because you can't solo face-roll everything in front of you, even if it is labelled as Heroic. You repeatedly gave false/wrong information by claiming the quest is solo, when it is in fact heroic. I am not fond of liars.

Lie #1:
    Lie #2:
    Lie #3:

When you create a thread because you're angry about a quest, and:
    - Lie by claiming it is Solo, when it is actually Heroic from the moment you get it. (verified)
    - Proceed to claim it is "really poor game design".
    - Go on a rant about what SOE should/shouldn't do.
    - Talk about taking a break.
    - Attempt disregarding clearly provided information that it is a heroic quest.
    It is more than obvious you are just looking for an excuse, something to be angry at.

As others said, in the amount of time you have spent complaining (even from the very first post), you could have found a jeweler, or obtained the drop, and been on your way.

Enjoy your break.
  9. Tylia Well-Known Member

In the future, you might want to consider that you can obtain the raw materials for an item you need to have crafted yourself and provide them to the crafter you hire to make your item. That way you have contributed to the process and it may fit more with your playstyle. ;)
  10. SentinelBasch Active Member

Yes, that is a valid point.

And to Avirodar: I did not lie, and I'm not a solo-only player. But have fun with your own little rant. I'm done talking to you about this. Every other poster in this thread has understood what I was trying to convey except for you, and I'm not going to keep going back and forth with you on this. If a mod would close this thread, it would be much appreciated.

And thanks again to those that responded - you've given me some things to think about.
  11. SOE-MOD-02 Member

I am going to close this down now. Please remember that posts should be constructive and respectful on these forums per the SOE Forum Guidelines.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.