Crafting Expertise procs no longer returning masters?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Revel, Apr 16, 2018.

1. Revel Well-Known Member

Was excited to see this proc on a Grandmaster class spell craft, but I was returned no mats nor the master. What gives?
  2. Sowy Active Member

Just ask yourself what benefit is there to making that change in this expansion for the company, and the answer should explain all you need to know.
  3. Meneltel Well-Known Member

The answer to any question starting, "Why don't they-" is almost always, "Money." Robert A. Heinlein
    GrunEQ, Juraiya, Sowy and 1 other person like this.
  4. slica Active Member

I just had my grandmaster spell returned to me plus mats on a proc making an ancient ca. I’d report it n see if they’ll give ya the stuff :)
  5. Revel Well-Known Member

I already did, sent a screenshot too. This is the response I got.

I understand you're having some trouble with your crafting proc not working properly. It is working as intended (see this thread: (
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2/index.php?threads/draconic-etyma-and-conservation-of-mass.542450/page-4
    ). Otherwise, you should submit a /bug report in-game so it can be looked into and fixed.

If there's anything else we can help you with, please feel free to contact us.

Sincerely,

GM Violetann
    EQII Customer Support

Nothing in a 5 year old thread helps. I mean seriously. This is the reason I only log in to raid anymore and soon I won't even be doing that.
    Meneltel and Dude like this.
  6. semisus Does not play this game

was the grandmaster you made a mage or priest one? ive done alot of grandmasters and it seems the proc doesnt work on priests and mages but works for scouts and fighters.
  7. Absin New Member

Now that you mention it, I've seen the same. I got the proc while crafting a scout ancient and retained the GM, but twice now crafting mage GM's I've gotten the proc but had the master scroll be consumed.
  8. Revel Well-Known Member

Yes it was a mage Grandmaster. Theorems to be exact. One of the better Illy class spells you can get. I was super excited because I would have made another grandmaster and taken it to Ancient but alas it seems I've been robbed and no one at Daybreak cares about this discrepancy.
  9. semisus Does not play this game

I hope this gets noticed by dbg , its a real issue seeing as current masters or even grandmasters are not easy to come by
    I know i made a grandmaster necro spell early this expansion and proc came and i had it set so he would get the returns and i asked him if he kept the master seeing i had the proc and he said no , while the same day i made a fighter and scout gm and iit procced and they both kept the master
    Since then its the same result , i get a proc and it doesnt keep the master if its a mage or priest
    ive bug reported this in the start of the expansion.
    ( ive also had my brell shawl proc on making a gm ( one of my own ofc ) and that didnt keep it either.
  10. Absin New Member

Happened again to me tonight, while crafting Apocalypse VI Ancient. Got the proc, but the GM was still consumed. Hope the devs figure this out sooner rather than later.

And CS responding with a reference to a 5+ year old forum thread is both LOL and a little sad, I mean c'mon...
  11. Ruckus Well-Known Member

I got a zerker master back for a friend, but for a ranger combine, it didn't return the master. All the other GMs that I've made have had 0 luck getting the proc. Now, if I do a daily apprentice quest, it procs like crazy.
  12. semisus Does not play this game

for reference today i did a coercer gm , got proc didnt keep
    Also did a ascension as well , proc didnt keep
    Celestial teachings for me are super rare

One of the items i was most exicted about this expansion was the sprocket which gives 5% chance for keeping the item on a pristine combine , im im extremly annoyed with this , the shawl / the aa / this one and its useless 90% of the time it actully procs
  13. Absin New Member

Got a response for my most recent example of this bug:

I understand you're having some trouble with your crafting proc not working properly. That specific recipe doesn't return any Material Conservation procs. I didn't see anything about any others. We'll send in a bug report but I strongly advise that you also submit a /bug report so it can be looked into and fixed.

Oh well, at least they didn't refer me to a 5 year-old forum thread about it...
    Rosyposy likes this.
  14. Revel Well-Known Member

The sound of crickets coming from the Devs on this.
  15. EmJay Well-Known Member

I wish we could get some kind of comment from any dev on this subject. It's been mentioned since beta of PoP that this proc does not return components. And just now my crafting expertise shined through while making a ranger grandmaster and I did not get back any components let alone the master I used. It seems that anything having to do with anything tradeskill just goes on being completely ignored.
  16. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Hey, we got our crafting quest line finally months after PoP was released, so we aren't completely ignored... just mostly!
    Rosyposy likes this.