Crafting EXP could use about a 100% boost

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Greene, Sep 23, 2017.

1. Greene Active Member

Crafting exp is really REALLY slow in the 50s. And 100% vitality seems to only give you half a level, if that (I'm 51), something is really buggy.

It felt about right during the bonus exp weekend, at least when using a cheapo pot. Adventure exp is fine (maybe a bit quick), I'm only talking crafting exp here.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Are you doing the rush writs? That's your best XP.
  3. Zenji Well-Known Member

It takes about 12 Rush Orders per level with no Vitality. A Rush Order takes about 5 minutes. So 1 hour per level. If you are only going from 50-60 that is only about 10 hours of game time. Not really that bad.

The bonus XP weekend I took an alt and crafted 1-50 in about 8 hours. That is not how it should be normally.
  4. Greene Active Member

An hour a level seems to be a really low-ball figure, unless you're talking with vitality. But as vitality only lasts like 40% of the level, unless you're wasting money on vit pots that number just isn't accurate.
    Ceyllynn likes this.
  5. Zenji Well-Known Member

No it is accurate, I did not buy a vitality pot crafting from 50-60. It took on average 12 Rush Orders, to get one level with NO vitality. So I guess however long it takes you to do 12 ROs. It takes me on average about 5 min each, so 12 x 5 = 60min.
  6. Atan Well-Known Member

Please no. Do nothing to make crafting any easier than it already is.
  7. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

New players don't have the perspective some of us ancient folk do. In the old days, before you could craft anything, you had to get OTHER PLAYERS to make you the components. Then you could craft your thing. A little later, they made it so that you could craft your own components using Geomancy, then craft your thing from those. Finally, finally, they got rid of the component system (WORTS),and we have crafting the way it is today. (OTOH, doing the WORTS levelled you too...)

Yes, it takes a finite amount of time to level crafting, and yes, it goes slower without vitality. But honestly, you wouldn't have the sense of achievement once you're finished if it was easy. If you make things too easy to get,people don't appreciate them as much.

When I run out of crafting vitality on an alt I am leveling, I go to the Grandmaster in my city's crafting headquarters and start his questline (begins at tradeskill level 20). You get tradeskill XP for doing these quests, you get a break from the crafting table, and your vitality gets a chance to renew a bit.
    Dude likes this.
  8. Atan Well-Known Member

The game isn't benefited by having on bazillion max level crafters cause its an easy thing to do.
    Draknox, Dude and Sigrdrifa like this.
  9. makasouleater New Member

Your complaint is about a hour a level. If that is true the leveling is already way to fast. It should be a lvl a week. Since the crafting is already so simple and easy the only thing left is a grind.
  10. Crastinal Active Member

You're doing it wrong. Crafting XP is already ridiculous easy.
    Like, literally I leveled a f2p crafter from 0 to 100 in less than 24 hours, and I'll tell you: the 50-80 levels were the ones I literally breezed through. If you can't commit to research for 5 minutes on what's the most efficient way to level up (and no, at level 50 it's not writs; it's the heroic quests in Mara that can get you from 6 to 12 levels a run depending on your bonus) then you can't afford it. Sorry.
  11. Atan Well-Known Member

That would be neat if mara was in the game yet...

But still, it takes like 14 writs to go 50 to 51, and each writ takes like 3-4 mins. Easy a level an hour.
    Ceyllynn and Sigrdrifa like this.
  12. Springelf Active Member

I finally got to 60 on my carpenter. It took me 20 RO to level (this was after 55 or so...thats when I started to keep track of exp). I used the cheap potion. No way I am bothering doing another crafter. The issue isnt just the amount of writs....its all the harvesting to do those writs.

Maybe it would be easier/faster if you waited around for some vitality but I needed to level up to get the new furniture.
  13. Bekkr Well-Known Member

You're not posting in the forum you think you are.
    Ceyllynn likes this.
  14. makasouleater New Member

From what I see, since there is 0 difference between any crafters, meaning everyone makes the same thing. The only way to combat, having every one make their own stuff, would be to make the grind ridiculously long, such as uncharted waters online does since everyone can be everything in that game on the same character, but to grind a master ship builder in that game, it would take you something like 800 hours. It should take 800+ hours from 0 to max to max out crafting I think. It would make a crafting market, from what I have seen on the other servers, all that ends up happening with crafting is, eventually everyone gets a crafter because its so easy. I mean look at that guy, he said he made 0-100 in less than 24 hours......

This almost makes me want to quit, because it is basically saying grinding crafting even on the progression servers is useless, because if even 50 people master one craft, they are all gonna make the same thing, and eventually drive the price down to nothing. Especially with stuff that never breaks and you only need one. It sounds like there is literally 0 reason to do it.

So the only way a system like this would ever work, is if there was always new people coming into the game which there is not. They should really fix the crafting system by either making it so everything breaks and cannot be repaired, and crafted items are the best you can have, or make the grind so long that only like 3 people would ever manage the grind.

The better way would be to make resources rare, and have stats, and the crafting system so complex, the average person couldn't figure out how to make anything useful. Also turning the 100 percent success rate of crafting down to a complex button press that is random, and if you mess up it kills you and drops your crafting exp.

I know none of it is ever gonna happen though haha, people like easy street. I seem to remember though a long time ago in 2004, the crafting system had something where you could fail, and make junk, it also had it so you had to craft stuff for other people in order to be able to craft better stuff.

But I am pretty sure if you just smacked your keyboard you could make stuff, I am gonna see haha. It is like 50 50 if you just smack the keyboard, but even when you fail you don't because you literally lose nothing. So you could literally have a 3 year old smack the number pad, and you would level crafting.
  15. Satyr Well-Known Member

Bots drive down the price of consumables like totems and arrows to zero until they drive all real players out of the market. If you increase the grind you'll just increase the concentration of bots and leave some very unhappy players who can't make any money off the trade they poured months in to.

Spell making isn't viable because for some bizarre reason, people on this server advertise 5 gold combines in general chat. The only crafting trade that makes any money a week post expansion launch is alchemy because it's reliant on dusts to produce potions, which are generated by making master-crafted spells. The dusts naturally restrict supply, and bots normally don't run around making piles of dusts. There are a lot of bads on Fallen Gate though, so the demand for mastercrafted potions and poisons is probably lower than it should be.
    Ceyllynn likes this.
  16. Carynn Well-Known Member

Crafting xp through Rush Orders dropped from 9% to 5% per level, from 50-60, without vitality. Vitality does not even last a full level, it ends at 75%. The only thing going for this is you make about one gold plus per writ. So if you have the patience to harvest in a small area that lacks harvests, you'll make a little money from it.
    Ceyllynn likes this.
  17. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

oh really? and how are we supposed to do mara writs? at least have a clue what you're talking about.
    this is not a live server, the XP whether crafting or adv is maybe 1/4 of live if that, with vit.
    without vit, it's roughly 20 RO's per level at the higher levels available, not the 5 you'd end up doing without vit on live.
    you need a LOT more harvesting to make up for the lack of xp and vit in order to craft.
  18. Zenji Well-Known Member

I agree with your entire post. I just needed to comment on this. As an Alchemist, I have been totally floored by the lack of sales for all potions. The number of people I come across that don't have cure pots, health / mana pots, stat pots is crazy. Also the number of scouts that only use the damage poisons and not the debuff ones is craziness.
  19. Dilf Member

Arguing about bots and identifying the names of them got me banned from their Discord.
    Ceyllynn likes this.
  20. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

then don't play, it's simple as that. this game doesn't have any where near the botting issue as eq1.