Crafted bow delays

Discussion in 'Ranger' started by ARCHIVED-Monkums, Aug 26, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Monkums Guest

Has anyone else noticed the change in bow delays since GU61? Both the crafted longbow and shortbow now have a 9.0 second delay. I'm new to the class, playing just as an alt, but can anyone give me some guidance on how this will affect me as a lowbie? It seems to be detrimental since I don't have items with haste to speed up my auto-attack nor do I have enough combat arts to fill in the time between auto-attacks.
    Also, it doesn't make an ounce of sense to me as to why Rangers cannot cast their bow CAs on the move. Every other class I play can cast CAs on the move. Isn't this a class that needs to be mobile to survive while soloing?
    Thanks in advance for your help. :)
  2. ARCHIVED-GussJr Guest

Monkums wrote:
    Welcome to the class.
  3. ARCHIVED-boondoggle Guest

Since I've returned, I've noticed the short bows and long bows have the same "ranged distance" (35m)???
    Are there no 45m bows anymore?
  4. ARCHIVED-Tylis Guest

Yeah, since 61 the short and long bows are the same except for the stats. Longbows are str/sta with +hate and short are agi/sta. Range, delay and DPS and damage range are all the same now.
  5. ARCHIVED-boondoggle Guest

I guess they don't understand the mechanics of what a long bow and a short bow are!
    In the past, I'd give up a little DPS for that extra 10m! Oh well!