craft class for wood elf?

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by hallowskeeper, May 28, 2022.

1. hallowskeeper New Member

Hello,

I have a wood elf (class fury) and I'm wandering what this race is good at. The guides say they're good jewelry makers and woodworkers. However, I checked my bonus skills and I have one bonus skill for tailoring and one bonus skill for jewelry making.

So, which craft classes are wood elves best at? Also, it seems they're pushed more towards scouts than priests, but I have a priest. So what would also contribute more to my character development?

Thank you!
  2. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Honestly, pick whichever one you think is going to benefit your character. Racial abilities make no impact in the long-run. There's nothing that a Wood Elf has that any other race would absolutely be missing out while playing that tradeskill class by not being a Wood Elf.
    Jesaine and Breanna like this.
  3. hallowskeeper New Member

What I meant was, the character skill tree gives you passive bonuses that make crafting easier at high levels in the future. The guides mention certain crafts better for wood elves, but from what I see it's slightly different, so, I'm unsure. So far I see a bonus to tailoring and jewelry making in the skill set, but there might be something hidden that I don't know of that other players may know about.

As per trades, I feel almost everything benefits you. Jewelry you can make accessories for yourself, woodcraft you can make staffs and totems that speed up spell power regeneration, tailoring mage robes and bags that are good for all characters especially with clean slate on Varsoon.

I'm probably gravitating the most to tailoring right now since it has a passive skill bonus and is good for all characters.

It would also be cool to be a scribe because my character is magic, but I don't see any affinity in wood elves for making spell books and I don't want crafting to become frustrating just because my character doesn't have affinity for it.

I also like decorating my house so carpenter would be cool or provisioner that once again is good for all.
  4. Mysstie Well-Known Member

My main character is a Wood Elf and I ended up making her a Tailor. Think I did that so I could craft a lot of the stuff she can wear as a Warden (Leather armor). Now, I did make her back in 2008. Geez, 14 years ago.

I do have a Fury now but she is a Barbarian Carpenter.
    Breanna likes this.
  5. hallowskeeper New Member

Thank you Cusa and Mysstie.

It's been a long time, but haven't we had stats to choose from in the past. I remember selecting points like wis, stam and etc. I don't see that menu any longer, although this server is designed to recreate the past experience?

Wardens and Furies, are they better off in leather or in robes though? I feel like I had leather armor and mace + wood shield on my fury in the past.
  6. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Hmm no, you could never allocate stats when creating a character in EQ2. You still can in EQ1 though.

Druids wear leather armor, and you'd be doing yourself a disservice to your own survivability to wear cloth. The reason why you're not seeing your Strength, Agility, Stamina, Wisdom, Intelligence stats on gear is because at some point in the past the devs realized that showing the basic stats on gear really doesn't matter that much anymore, what with each new expansion just making characters more and more powerful. Just focus on the level of your gear and whether they improve secondary stats like potency, casting speed, double casting, etc etc.

The reason why I said earlier that your race makes no impact on your tradeskill class is because those racial bonuses to tradeskills really don't help in any significant way. They gave very basic advantages back when the game started, but leveling and progression was much slower back then that players actually could notice if they had +5 to tailoring or sculpting or whatever. Now, you can level up so quickly that diminishing returns on stats means that +5 no longer matters. Everyone plays the same after level 20-30 or so anyway.
    Twyla likes this.