Could we please get a change to the character select page?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Jovie, Sep 26, 2019.

1. Jovie Well-Known Member

For those of us with many many alts (I probably have the most, but quite a few of us are 50+ characters) can we please get a "sort by" or "list by" feature?

Would be nice to see:
    -sort alphabetically
    -sort by level
    -sort by created age
    -sort by level
    -sort by class

Also would love to see mouse wheel support that we can move up and down the list without clicking the heck out of the arrows.
    For the record, between four accounts, i have 325 characters. This would mean the world to me. I am willing to pay for the changes :)
  2. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

Wow... I only have 109. :p
    Dude, Momo, Tierisch and 5 others like this.
  3. Carynn Well-Known Member

I would love sort by alphabetical or level.

Also, Rosy, you need more!
    Juraiya, Geroblue, Dude and 8 others like this.
  4. Jinryuu New Member

Just give me the ability to scroll up and down the list with my mouse wheel, that'd be a huge QoL improvement
    Lateana, Snikkety, Geroblue and 12 others like this.
  5. Tierisch Well-Known Member

Gosh yes, please. And maybe a way to move characters up and down the list? I am ashamed to say I only have 25 characters (one on account) but it would still be much appreciated!! ;)
  6. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

I have 125 toons now... ;)
  7. Jovie Well-Known Member

I had a moment of sanity and deleted down all four accounts to 106 characters.
    Tierisch, WhysperWynde and Breanna like this.
  8. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

:eek:
  9. AOE1 Well-Known Member

Hats off to you all that have that many toons. How do you manage all of them or even have time to play any of them. It is a struggle for me to keep up with the 11 or is it 13 I have? See ! I cannot even remember how many there are. lol:confused:
    Tierisch, Breanna and WhysperWynde like this.
  10. WhysperWynde Well-Known Member

Wow I am just a baby with 2 Fighting Characters on Kaladim and 17 Fighter/Crafters on Skyfire! Thought maybe I should even it out to an even 20 characters but I see now I have plenty of room (& Accounts) to go to even think of cracking the Big Leagues. LOL Well I am happy with my girls as I am although now I am mightily inspired to create ONE more to even out to 20. Wonder can I make her on the cheap of 975 Plat General Marketplace but $6000 Plat in Character Marketplace. Yes, I think I can = now what kind of Character do I not yet have??? Must ponder this ..... oh sorry ... thinking aloud .....
    Geroblue, Rosyposy and Breanna like this.
  11. Tocino the Troubadour Active Member

Did you really pay 1,000 DB for each of those (other than the few you get with the account)?
  12. Jovie Well-Known Member

Pretty much
    Dude likes this.
  13. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I have a problem keeping track of my current 31 characters. The changes to character select requested by Jovie would be fantastic !

My spreadsheet helps, but now I have realized I have to use it also for notes... so I can track what thing each character is working on.
    AOE1, Tierisch and Rosyposy like this.
  14. Rargo Active Member

I would just like to be able to delete old characters on the list from servers that no longer exist and only played for a few days.
  15. Alphonsus Well-Known Member

Delete the contents of the logincache-us folder, or logincache-eu if you play on Thurgadin.
  16. Rargo Active Member

Well that didn't work
  17. Tierisch Well-Known Member

Go to your EQ2 folder and delete the .dat, .xml and .txt files for the characters you don't want to see on, for example, your /load_uisettings.
    Dude likes this.
  18. Chrisworld Active Member

So uh.... i have 15 slots used out of 31, and I thought i was one of the bad ones lol, figured i'd never get around to leveling everyone by the eventual end of the servers/my life lol. Kudos to managing 325 characters though, how on earth do you do it?
    Rosyposy and Breanna like this.
  19. araxas New Member

I would like to be able to sort by server as well.

Or just take a note from ESO and let us order them ourselves and maintain the order.
    Juraiya and Geroblue like this.
  20. Green Light New Member

Some of you don't need a new feature, you need a therapist.
    Ameuco, AOE1, Vibrid33 and 2 others like this.