Could someone translate the "Bard Ability Update this am?"

Discussion in 'Scouts' started by Bhayar, Jun 8, 2021.

1. Bhayar Well-Known Member

I don't consider myself either unintelligent or uneducated, but I have absolutely no clue as to what this references on my dirge/troub alts:
    Bard
    • Added checks for an invalid AA reference in bard profiles. When identified it will be auto-corrected (will receive a chat message if applicable).
    If anyone actually knows what this is talking about, could you "mansplain" this in Engrish?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Ixian Active Member

People were reporting that their buffs/etc. were dropping when zoning, leveling up and such. When you zone or level, behind the scenes you reapply your AAs (alternate advancements). But due to AA profiles being corrupted, the reapply wouldn't occur. So they added a check for a corrupt profile and fixed it.

I know this bug has been occurring for all classes since the introduction of AA profiles but I guess something particular to Bards was causing them to get it worse.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah, if you don't have a Bard (Troubie/Dirge), you wouldn't have any trouble, but for us, omg, that sucked so badly. They did something to us around Frostfell last year, or possibly January this year, that would reset our AA trees without so much as a by our leave EVERY SINGLE TIME WE ZONED. When you have six Troubies and four Dirges (/raising_paw) and didn't think to save 10 AA trees, since I didn't think I'd need to, it could to be get a wee bit much.

I don't remember the bug occurring for any other class, at least not this badly or for this long, but then again, the whole AA thing was probably introduced back in 2011, when I was on hiatus for a year. X-P

By the time I came back, I think it had been nailed down for everyone else, and only I was confused about them any more. ;->

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  4. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Thanks for the explanation guys. Having a dirge, Dirge's Refrain was dropping nearly every time I zoned. Couldn't speak to the troub, as I don't roll him out that often. I don't know why your simple explanation couldn't have been used instead of the one supplied for the notes.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  5. Scrappyz Well-Known Member

I think it also had something to do with the game provided profiles (solo/group computer generated ones), that caused the issue. I know several people that had their buffs and AA's dropping when I never did and I've never used those profiles
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  6. Bhayar Well-Known Member

I never used them either, but I still see Dirge's Refrain dropping more often than not. Ofc, sometimes it's a debuff from mob, but still, it can be annoying. OTOH, it's easy to know which one look for, haha.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Nor have I, willingly. Once I got the hang of figuring out what all that "AA stuff" meant in 2011, I made it a point to go into every new li'l toon I make (a gracious plenty!) and immediately KILL those stupid "automatic, 'cause we wuvs youse! and don't want anyone to not be able to do everything we want you to right out of the box! :D" pre-arranged AA tree set-ups. I do so before I even get them their first mount under them (especially if I want to ride a Wolf and have a pet Bear following; it gets complicated), so that (and any other Until Cancelled thing) doesn't get cancelled when my trees are re-set. X-P

Bad enough it forces me to adventuring "choices" I hate, but they did it to my Tradeskilling options as well. MOST annoying. >:-(

If they want to help the newbs, have ONE tree that's an EXAMPLE, a suggestion on what you can do with it, rather than forcing everyone of a particular class into a set of particular concrete galoshes...or cement overshoes, whatever. ;->

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.