Could really go for a new TLE

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Aurorikin, Mar 6, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

I know, there should have been :p Things like spirit shards, access quests, and crafting wyrmsteel to kill Darathar would help keep people from tearing through classic content, especially if heroics and epics had 20% more hp and hit 20% harder. Of course, I'm probably the only person that looks back fondly on these things, but I can dream. I've pretty much resigned myself to placing all my hopes in the emu community.
    Breanna likes this.
  2. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

LOL 20 % more hit points and hitting harder ? :eek:
    we spend over 40 minutes killing Mayong in Castle Mistmoor , and even longer in the thrown room in New Tunaria
    %) minutes killing that Yeti mob in The Icy Keep . Just go on auto attack and make a cup of coffee .
    How can it be more fun having to spend even more time of hit him with all I got and as soon as it comes back on rinse and repeat , yawn .
    We did not even try the dragon at the end on hard we did not want to spend 2 hours killing one mob .
    And how can you ask for heroics and epics to hit harder when a lot of them one hit kill you already ?
    I know there are people who spend that real cash to get all their masters and buy the best gear from the broker .
    But normal raid groups get whooped bad at least at the beginning of the expansion .
    If the mechanics would work right , instead of bringing 8 druids to block aoes , I would agree .
    Breanna likes this.
  3. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

Allow me to clarify. My comments pertain 100% to classic only. :p
  4. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

5. Sunlei Well-Known Member

They can keep the free to play for the live servers the way it is on live servers and on the main eq2 website.

EQ2 needs to attract totally new players to the MMO game. I suggest some type of low cost ad
    campaign/tweet byline/ paper 'ticket' with wide distribution for a free account to play eq2 on Kaladim and/or Taranax servers

only one character to level 22. (craft and adventure limit lvl) This new account should have no limitations except simple ones that wouldn't effect a real newbie like limit plats to 10p. Do not require payment cards! The account free should last 1 month, remind the person daily the last week to pay the sub or the account will be deleted one month after their free month ends. Many real newbies can develop character and game love in that month. They'll start a paying sub, the final email from their character asks to please not be deleted......

cereal box ad for eq2 please.......!
    Pharliquin likes this.
  6. Elskidorr Active Member

I'm not sure it's possible to attract a herd of new players for EQ2. It's hard enough to convince current ones to stay.
  7. Shokadezz New Member

I kinda feel like EQ2 is an itch for people anymore unless they release a new TLE. I know it says i'm a new member but i've been playing off and on since the release(against WoW at the time). I'm actually about to re-sub and join my buddy from the military on Kaladim. The first couple years of any TLE is always explosive, look at EQ1. At the very least allow mercenaries from AoD a bit early LOL
    Arielle Nightshade likes this.
  8. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

Some of my best in-game memories involve heroic rescues of people to get their shards. It wasn't horrible, it was (usually) fun. Getting rid of group XP debt...now that was a good thing.
  9. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

I remember the majority of the xp debt being removed upon shard recovery. Am I misremembering?
  10. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

You are remembering correctly. I was talking about two separate things. Back in The Day if someone died in a group, it was shared xp debt for the entire group, even if the rest of them hadn't died. I know I was a new gamer back at launch and not experienced with avoiding aggro while traveling etc. I would wait to join a group till I got to the instance because they'd get so mad that I'd died enroute. Even if I was nowhere near the rest of the group, my one death would cause everyone else to have fairly substantial XP debt.

That was done away with pretty early on - LU5 maybe?
  11. Sunlei Well-Known Member

I remember the beach in Feerott littered with my shards because one of those fishermen pathed WAY to close to revive point. I had to /petition and the wandering fisher was removed permanently from that revive point. You die 10 times and can't even move back in the olden days.:eek:
    Schmetterling and Breanna like this.
  12. Sunlei Well-Known Member

These days groups still get 'mad' if you don't revive them fast enough:p
    Arielle Nightshade likes this.
  13. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

Yeah, I remember that roamer.

You had a limit of 4 shards I think. You could still rack up debt and equipment damage after that, which was easy because with 4 shards in the world you were basically a walking potato. Group debt + walking potato mode was meant to encourage group interdependence. It wasn't always successful at that, but I appreciated it.
  14. Kurth Member

Allowing those will create new players but they'll all be Chinese gold farmers.
  15. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

they already did that with free to play back when it first came out on all regular servers .
    Only 2 character slots 10 plat in bank forget either it was no shared bank, or only one slot and 10 plat on your person .
    only 4 or 6 races to pick from it was a pain .
    Good thing you could get a silver account , that would give you 20 plat lol and a slot in the shared bank and I think you could buy stuff on the broker .
    You could not send mail , and you could only have armor up to treasured , everything else you had to pay for extra .
    You want to equip that legendary pay for only that item you want to mail something , pay .
    I forget what else you could not do.
    I am sure they tried to get people subscribe , but it probably did not work , because after a short time they relaxed the restrictions and I must say once I got up father in levels and I had more money to spend I did subscribe .
    Breanna likes this.
  16. Sunlei Well-Known Member

I mean like a new promo needs to be free to play almost no strings except plat limit/NO krono pay sub for first month/no marketplace, time limit of 2 months. and only ONE character to level 22. The free trial character is limited to Kaladim or pvp server.

The download has to be easy, pre installed on new computers, a download on click ads, a CD free at game stores, links on twitter, google links- get it out there and they will come! They Spawn on that beautiful ship and we will know when they arrive by their questions :p

The only place the FTP is offered now is on the EQ2 website...that isn't enough, it requires to much hoops and payment info.
  17. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

Could always do the old WoW free demo model for TLE. Completely free, all features(except world chat) until level 20, then if you like it you can sub to keep going, or you can keep playing characters to level 20 forever.
  18. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

lol I tried that but if you think this game has to much lag WoW wins that one hands over feet .
    besides that other players made rude remarks about that noob and tried to scam me out of my hard earned coppers .
    not the kind of community I wanted to play in and if you can't even walk in a strait line because of the lag makes that a game I can't play .
    Breanna likes this.
  19. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

Plus that gorgeous blood elf girl dancing naked on top of the mailbox in Orgrimmar...isn't a girl.
    Schmetterling likes this.
  20. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.