could not load an entity: [com.sony.soe.guilds.model.GameCharacter#107757104]

Discussion in 'EQ2Players.com Website Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Juntaar, Jul 28, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Juntaar Guest

Is it just me or did something crazy happen to EQ2players today.

For starters, the character of the day is totally bugged. The char name shows an error: could not load an entity: [com.sony.soe.guilds.model.GameCharacter#107757104]

Then, I log in, try to access my own characters, and can't - it says I have restricted access to them (which I have, but not to myself!).

Even the one char that is public is showing this error. This is showing in both FF3 and IE7.

Is anyone else having these issues?
  2. ARCHIVED-Sarah Guest

Yes, same issue here and it is frustrating me lol.
  3. ARCHIVED-nobe Guest

I called tech support right before they closed. They guy said he coudlnt look up his own character either. Said he was creating an internal "superticket" and that he would get someone on it - but that they didnt know until now. /shrug.
  4. ARCHIVED-Juntaar Guest

Kaalenarc@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    Good thing you gave them a call then
  5. ARCHIVED-Zerebro Guest

Thanks for calling. I live in the EU, there's no way I'm gonna call the US :)

This is what I'd call an urgent bug. If only they'd keep us informed and confirmed it and tell us they work on it.
  6. ARCHIVED-Thunderthyze Guest

Truly 'tis most vexxing.
  7. ARCHIVED-Mendou Guest

same problem here. Some of the links seem to be borked too.
  8. ARCHIVED-DerFunkBlaster Guest

Same problems.. looks like eq2players hit the fan today. Can't even log into guild chat cause i dont belong to a guild apparently!
  9. ARCHIVED-Hellswrath Guest

I wonder if the system got borked because of the petition system maintenance. lol. Makes you really wonder how the database is set up and interacts with the various functions like EQ2Players and such.
  10. ARCHIVED-Zerebro Guest

I can access it again. Thanks for letting us know SOE, PRUTSERS!
  11. ARCHIVED-Zerebro Guest

How about idiocy, sharing the reply I got to this incident. Check the subject with the response. Then cry...

Recently you requested personal assistance from the Sony Online Entertainment Support center. Below is a summary of your request and our response.
    We will assume your issue has been resolved if we do not hear from you within 72 hours.

Subject
    EQ2players not showing character info

Discussion Thread
    Response (TSR Eric T) 07/30/2008 01:47 PM
    Greetings ,

You may want to delete the following files and folders:
    cache folder
    eq2_recent.ini
    eq2_default.ini
    EverQuest2.exe
    eq2.ini
    As well as the character specific files, these will appear as such:
    Servername_CharacterName_EQ2_uisettings.ini
    Stationname_characters.ini
    To do this, please follow these directions:
    1. First look for your EverQuest II directory. You can find the directory in the default directory:
    2. Click on MY COMPUTER\C:DRIVE\PROGRAM FILES\SONY\EVERQUEST II
    3. Next look for any files explained above and delete them.
    4. Afterwards, please start EverQuest II to have these files re-downloaded by the patcher.

Regards,
    Eric T.
    Technical Support Representative
    Sony Online Entertainment
    Customer ( soe) 07/29/2008 02:48 AM
    Even while logged in, I can't see any character details. Not even my own. Read on forums that many people have this since yesterday.

Question Reference #080729-001138
    Product Level 1: EverQuest II
    Product Level 2: General
    Category Level 1: Technical
    Category Level 2: Station Players Features
    Date Created: 07/29/2008 02:48 AM
    Last Updated: 07/30/2008 01:47 PM
    First Name:
    Last Name:

Recently you requested personal assistance from the Sony Online Entertainment Support center. Below is a summary of your request and our response.

We will assume your issue has been resolved if we do not hear from you within 72 hours.
  12. ARCHIVED-Zerebro Guest

And the worst part is, I can't comment on the ticket!! **deep sigh**

On the tab Service History is mentioned:
    Announcements
    • NOTICE: The Questions section of the Service History tab has been disabled for maintenance. In order to view your incident, please check the email address tied to your account for an email response with the information. If an issue has not been resolved to your satisfaction, please submit a new incident including the old incident ID number for reference. We apologize for any inconvenience this causes and hope to have the system working normally soon.
    • Top Known Customer Service Issues available per product at the top of the Knowledge Base.

*SWEAR*