Could not connect to a login server.

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Zeev, Apr 23, 2018.

1. Zeev New Member

I get this error every time I try to start the game. Been trying to play for a couple days now, and can't find any solutions from a cursory Google search.
  2. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

I've had no issues logging into EQ2 recently. Here are some possibilities:
    1. Which version of Windows are you using? EQ2 no longer supports XP.
    2. Firewall blocking the game?
    3. DirectX 9.0c installed? (EQ2 requires this version of DirectX; it will work installed into your EverQuest II folder.)
    4. Clicking on the Launchpad to start the game? Is the game updating? Try clicking on the crossed wrenches icon and validating assets.
    I'm assuming you've already tried the basics such as restarting your computer. If none of these is causing the issue, open a support ticket and then update the ticket whether or not you receive an auto-response; they tend to close tickets as complete if they are not updated.
    Sigrdrifa and Xianthia like this.
  3. blackthunder New Member

i am having similar issue but i get updated no issue i hit launch after windows 10 update i am not able to but before the update no issue but i got 3 computers all running same system with same updates they didn't get the issue of crashing i try to uninstall it crashes before it starts to uninstall
  4. Feylone Active Member

Maybe running it in Windows 8 compatibility? May not help, but worth a shot. -shrug-