Coul we have a click to invite option?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Kalika, Aug 9, 2018.

1. Kalika Well-Known Member

On my UI i have tell, friend etc ... but no invite. A click (chat) to invite would be nice.

Another possibility would be /rinvite (invite last tell).

Usually i do reply and edit the line but often the backward key enter auto-repeat mode and the whole line get cleared.

/rinvite would be really handy.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

If you right click a player, you get an invite to group option. If you want to invite them to voice chat, you have to be a moderator for that channel (usually whoever formed the group) and you right click in the voice window and there's an option to invite.
  3. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

I suspect they are after a chat window option to invite. Which would be pretty nice.
    Rhodris likes this.
  4. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

There is a command to invite to voice chat: /voice invite <name>

You can always start a private chat channel. You can create a password or not, as you wish. They can be a one-time deal, or something you create every time you log into EQ2. I chat in private channels by typing /<channel number> before what I want to say.
    Sigrdrifa likes this.
  5. Lasai Well-Known Member

I see no reason to introduce a mechanism to do something already easily done.
  6. Altaholic New Member

I agree with the OP. It would be super handy to have an option to invite to group by clicking the persons name in chat channels. Most of the time you are not standing next to the person you want to invite to be able to click on them. Forming groups can be hectic at times, especially for a crappy point and peck typer like myself. Not to mention some people have some long and hard to spell names heh. The mechanics already exist, you wouldn't think it would be too hard to add another option.
    Kalika likes this.
  7. Kalika Well-Known Member

Yes, may be my opening post was not accurate enough, i have no problem inviting someone i can target or a guildmate or a friend.

We can click chat to tell/befriend/report , being able to invite would be very handy when forming pick up groups.
  8. Kalika Well-Known Member

see above .... what you wrote is exact but It does apply to my post (which was may be lacking precision).