Coral Reef and more underwater wildlife?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Sturmlocke, Aug 16, 2022.

1. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

Ah, I understand. You're basically the French Canadian of ratmen.
    Cyliena and Breanna like this.
  2. Arandar Well-Known Member

I will admit, laughed out loud there.
    Breanna and Cusashorn like this.
  3. EmJay Well-Known Member

Well, if you take the time, you really can understand what Aterskia is saying. I find Ttobey very rude for derailing this thread in the first place with such comments and opening it up for more off topic discussion. I think if you all have problems with how Aterskia posts, you can put him on ignore.
    ttobey, FalconClash and Aterskia like this.
  4. FalconClash Well-Known Member

Honestly I don't have much trouble understanding him. And I have to give him a Huzzah for being able to type like that all the time when I can't even remember how to spell the normal way much of the time. XD
    Aterskia likes this.
  5. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Most people have no issues with him roleplaying on the forums -- but when he's actively engaging in threads that are designed to improve the game -- general feedbacks and discussions (this thread), the bug forums, etc-- the fact that he roleplays instead of COMMUNICATING CLEARLY is actively detrimental to getting his point across.
    Daelini, Breanna, Arandar and 4 others like this.
  6. Twyla Well-Known Member

I didn't find Tdobey rude at all. He honestly stated he didn't understand a word. When asking for help from a DEV it is always helpful to be clear, they don't have 20 minutes to read your post over and over to try to understand what you want. Clear, precise, with as much information as possible will get you better and faster service. At least that was my experience from years being a customer service representative.
    Daelini, Breanna and Dude like this.
  7. Breanna Well-Known Member

I do have him/her on ignore, but immediately knew who you guys were talking about it. Only person in my EQ2 history that I've ever put on ignore, that should say something.
    Soara2 and Dude like this.
  8. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

Yeah, there's a time and a place, communicating problems and feedback to the devs ain't it.
    Dude and Morukta like this.
  9. Sturmlocke Linux enthusiast playing EQ2 via Proton.

Wanted to reply to this earlier, taking the time now :D Yeah, completely agree! Just doing what you just mentioned would be an awesome adventure for sure. EQ2 looks a bit dated in some aspects, like our original char models, but absolutely shines when it comes to water and waves. I still remember the original making of trailer mentioning how water effects, like the ones used in the movie "Titanic", used to be prerendered and are now possible in realtime with EQ2. Some things just still look great - even decades later. It also seems like our devs are finally, finally taking a look at and trying to fix water ripples and refraction, which might make water interaction look beautiful again.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2/index.php?threads/ambient-occlusion-on-mouse-over.605542/

(pls upvote if you haven't already)

Sure, it might be a challange development-wise, but it could also lead to something magical for us players. Last time I checked, I heard that Teso is doing underwater stuff too now:

Breanna, Aterskia and Geroblue like this.
  10. Sturmlocke Linux enthusiast playing EQ2 via Proton.

Yeah, personally I don't have any issues with being underwater for an extended period of time, mainly bc I have been using the totem of the otter for my underwater adventures: https://eq2.fandom.com/wiki/Totem_of_the_Otter

You can buy a 100-pack of these babies and just auto consume them when necessary. Tbh, I actually like the idea of needing to prepare myself for the long dive. Love water in rl, no issues with swimming and diving. Less hand holding = better in this case as it makes it somewhat of a challenge. I just heard a Pantheon dev talk about underwater dungeons the other day, super interesting interview. Lemme see if I can find it.
    Breanna and Aterskia like this.
  11. Sturmlocke Linux enthusiast playing EQ2 via Proton.