Copying text from the chat window

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by SandsMans, Feb 23, 2013.

1. SandsMans Active Member

It would be handy to have the ability to copy text straight from the chat window.

Like long URLs.

It would beat having to grep/tail a log file. Unless there's a way to do this in game already.
  2. Rotherian Well-Known Member

If you are referring to copying something that you typed previously, you can hit enter, scroll up (using the up arrow key) till you find what you want to copy, highlight it, then hit Ctrl-C to copy it. This is useful when you want to record an in-game location and paste it to an external destination (such as a txt file, doc file, or a website - like EQ2i, Zam, or EQ2MAPS).

As far as copying what somebody else has sent you (to include stuff in the MOTD, etc.), I am not aware of any mechanism outside of log files that allows it.

Wish I could have given you better news.
  3. SandsMans Active Member

Yeah, I meant what someone else sends you. :( At least maybe get some form of link parsing so when someone puts a URL in chat you can just right click and copy, or possibly left click and get an in game browser window.
  4. Ladymist Well-Known Member

I have a lot fo folks who try to share youtube links among other resourceful ones. this would be very beneficial. esppecially if you have a better computer than someone your helping, you alt tab out copy and paste their mob strat or waypoint, so they can copy and paste it to their group
  5. Bloodlich Member

6. Feldon Well-Known Member

It's always astonished me that we can't select text in EQ2. There doesn't even need to be a copy command. When you select text, it should be auto-copied.