Copy chat color changes to other chars?

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Khieran, Jul 5, 2018.

1. Khieran Active Member

I was playing around today and changed a bunch of my chat colors, thinking that when I did a /load_uisettings, that would copy along as well. Well, it didn't. :(

Is there an easy way to copy any chat color changes to all my other characters?
  2. Tkia Well-Known Member

There's a way but I'm not sure you could call it easy ...

There is a specific command to save the chat colours. Type /save and hit tab to get a list up. I can't remember it exactly but it's obvious once you spot it. You need to type "/command filename" to save your current settings into the file name you specify. There is an equivalent load command to match the save command which you can issue on all the other characters you want the colour scheme to be used on.

Beware, there seems to be an oddity in that your colours will load but not save unless you go into the option screen and hit the save button. You don't need to do anything else while you're in there - just load your file, go into options, hit the save button and it should stay put.
    Rosyposy likes this.
  3. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

The command is /save_colors <filename> and it saves into the Layouts folder. Load with /load_colors <filename>
    Tkia, Meneltel, Breanna and 1 other person like this.
  4. Khieran Active Member

Thank you, I will give that a try later today! :)
    Rosyposy likes this.
  5. Khieran Active Member

That worked! Thank you!

Strange thing... I had to do the load_colors command twice, then hit "Accept" in the options window for it to work, but it worked :)
    Rosyposy likes this.