Contested ST feedback

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Mohee, Jan 4, 2013.

1. Mohee Active Member

Spent about 6 hours in contested ST yesterday to check out the new quests for "Obols, Spirits, and more!"
    We had a coercer so we were constantly pulling, not waiting for mana. There was only 1 other group in the zone at one point, and we never ran into them.

From the 6 hours of mass slaughtering, we got about 8 obols from regular chests from trash. We got a total of about 6 of the dropped quests items, finished the quests, and every reward was 2p and 1 obol.

Seems like a waste of time. :confused: 6 hours of constant killing, completing the quests that dropped, killing named left and right. Gear drops are terrible, quest drop rate and reward is terrible. This zone is still a waste of time from what we could tell. Better chance at getting obols, greater spirits, and other currency running through all the instances.

Out of curiosity, did anyone else try out the zone after the changes? Did you have better luck or find any spirit drops, or quests for a spirit or any other rare currency?
  2. Kalderon Well-Known Member

*shrug* i wasn´t that zone at all ;) On my server there rarely grps that goes that way :rolleyes:
  3. Daalilama Well-Known Member

Tried the contested yesterday for 2 hours...got a whopping 2 body drops...tried a few of the clickies...tbh the time and effort put in wasnt worth the reward. And TBH they need to allow people who havent finished the access or got the access key for their alts to get the obols/essences for rewards.....btw only got 1 spirit essence to drop and it was a body drop off trash....never saw an essence as a reward as was stated.
  4. Borgio New Member

Just spent 4 hours in there in a guild group, what is the point of running this place for "Obols, Essences and more!" when the quest drop is rare, and you end up with people not getting a quest starter and someone else getting 5.

We had about 4 Obols from regular chests and got 4 different quests for a whopping 1 obol and 2p. A MASSIVE waste of all of our time....
  5. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

While on the subject of this zone, was it intended for the X2 to have its respawn timer drastically cut and pop so much more often than it previously did?
  6. Encori Active Member

It would be nice if the power drains were toned down a bit,
    quest starters dropped for everyone involved in the kill,
    and you respawned at or evaced to the start of the floor you are on.

It would be nice if ST contested had a few more obols, so if you want a whisper column or have essences and greater spirits then you have somewhere to go to legitimately earn obols, even if it's tough.

Also, I don't really recall if the teleporters work two ways. If you go down a floor, I think you can't come back, other than to return to the very entrance of the zone, although I am not sure about that. I admit I didn't spend a lot of time there. It's like Kael without the option to unlock teleporters or get something you can't reasonably find elsewhere (gem farming, signature quest, rune vendor). And the quest plat rewards are way down from kael - reverse inflation.
  7. Atan Well-Known Member

I also re-tried this zone after the quests being added. It is complete fail still.

The quest items need to drop for the entire group. I'm not sure why this is slow to sink in for SoE, but players do not enjoy heroic quests where different group members are *NEVER* at the same point.

Beyond that, the spirits seem exceedingly rare, and it just bothers me the common named drops are on par with solo zone gear. Why group again?
  8. Silzin Active Member

other then it seems that there is a higher chance for Ethereals and the rare drops there is no reason to farm this zone.
  9. Kraeref Well-Known Member

Yep. Got the ethereal mage earings yesterday in ST contested. But do not remember which named dropped it. Didn't even notice it at first till got grats tells :)
  10. Kalderon Well-Known Member

After beeing there couple of times, i had to say, loot still somewhat smells.... if it is not the 1-2% which is as good as raidloot ^^
    Adding some extra amount of debt, is still pretty fast there ^^
    The x2.... well we could burn him down to around 30% (with one grp ^^) then something ill happened ^^ (we did not looked into it)