Contested Need to Go

Discussion in 'Zones and Population' started by ARCHIVED-slippery, Apr 18, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-BChizzle Guest

Crismorn wrote:
    Same stuff is dead with considerably less effort put in. I don't really care about your opinion, but it works great for us. I prefer to let the Russians worry about WW1st.
  2. ARCHIVED-slippery Guest

BChizzle wrote:
    There is no circle, there is your lack of understanding. The decision to make the guild was made before the decision to do it on a different server, although the decisions came about in short order.
    Conviction could have been dominated easily, it is a guild with no understanding of the game and terrible leadership. Unrest is a quality server, Mistmoore is a joke.
    The guild has already been around almost a year. Not long after forming and without even a full raid yet we managed 3rd on Miragul. It has remained in the top since, and is one of (if not the) highest parsing guilds in the game. I have little concern for the stability of my guild. Hell, I'm not even really recruiting and don't need any classes.
  3. ARCHIVED-BChizzle Guest

slippery wrote:
    I completely agree with what you are saying except the fact that I still see that your guild is the evolution of D12. Honestly its not a big deal you guys ran off to Mistmoore then Unrest if you are having fun now then obviously it was the right decision.
  4. ARCHIVED-Crismorn Guest

BChizzle wrote:
    So, now you think your guildies are actually better then his?
    Its like you are in your own private world where dates are meaningless, with a mentality like that you could be in Conviction and still be #1 in your mind too funny.
  5. ARCHIVED-BChizzle Guest

Crismorn wrote:
    No clue what you are working at here, we kill the same mobs they do, yes WW1sts mean very little except for those few meganerds who feel like pressing buttons is a major accomplishment in their lives. I get the whole play to win attitude and if you are going to play you might as well be the best but a WW1st'ing stuff hasn't meant the same to this game since NPU was exposed for getting fed strats from devs and it certainly means less now when you can just /testcopy. Sorry I don't feel hardcore enough to do full testcopy raids to see stuff early so I can kill it 1 day sooner, sorry Ill take my 2 offnights a week and no 5 hours of wiping to kill an encounter that is 99% luck based.
    If you have been paying attention the last few years SOE has been releasing broken raid content then they slowly change it until its killable, they have pretty much detroyed end game raiding doing so, if you don't believe me look at all the guilds that tried to keep it hardcore and now don't exist.
    As far as thinking guildies are better then theirs, besides Gaige and Rastan I don't think I even know the name of one person on their roster and why would I care to?
  6. ARCHIVED-Gaige Guest

BChizzle wrote:
    Ya I'll take my 2 offnights a week and no testcopy raiding either. Just saying ;)
  7. ARCHIVED-slippery Guest

BChizzle wrote:
    We have 2 days off (minimum, frequently more). We've never raided on test. The only mob we've spent 5 hours on is Theer. We don't even raid 5 hours a night.
  8. ARCHIVED-Gaige Guest

Except on Sundays!
  9. ARCHIVED-BChizzle Guest

Gaige wrote:
    I wasn't referring to any guild since as far as I can see there isn't anyone hardcore raiding anymore, but feel free to catch feelings since I must be talking about you right ;) We both know this game has gone casual just some people don't realize it yet.
  10. ARCHIVED-Pervis Guest

Alvane@Unrest wrote:
    Which part of this is saying that these mobs should be EM or HM, but not both?
    If the developers want to implement specific contested encounters for second tier guilds, that is their prerogative. Thing is, why not just do this like they did with the Domini in RoK?
  11. ARCHIVED-Yimway Guest

slippery wrote:
    In which case it should just be locked in an instance and be done.
  12. ARCHIVED-Gaige Guest

Atan@Unrest wrote:
    Which is what we've been saying since the OP.
  13. ARCHIVED-celestina936 Guest

slippery wrote:
    You'll have to ask the dev that designed it for that answer. I can only give a guess - that it gives guilds a chance to go up a step from ez to hm - and if they can work the mechanics, strats and execution without a problem, then they can head toward the raid zones. But then, that's just my thinkin' - a type of progression for learning current tier raiding for guilds who do not continually focus on raiding.
  14. ARCHIVED-Crismorn Guest

If you were trying to learn HM then you would not be despawning it by killing easymode
  15. ARCHIVED-Pervis Guest

Alvane@Unrest wrote:
    If you do not spend a good amount of time raiding, and I would go as far as to say raiding HM encounters, you will not kill a HM contested with servers the way they are.
    While the encounters themselves are not as hard as most hard mode encounters, the lag involved with contested makes them considerably harder. Its hard killing a mob 8 levels above you when no one is unable to cast a spell, heal or taunt for 5 second periods.
    Even if they were some form of progression, why can they not be separate encounters?Why can that progression not be 'kill contested #1, then kill contested #2'?
    I mean, your argument is valid if the discussion was about removing one of the modes, but thats not what is being discussed here.
  16. ARCHIVED-Evette23 Guest

slippery wrote:
    Suck less.
  17. ARCHIVED-Gaige Guest

Evette23 wrote:
    Having fun in wing 3 of UD?
  18. ARCHIVED-Winter Guest

I must say that I agree that the servers don't support contested mobs well. That many people in one place turns everything into a slideshow...
    As ridiculous as it might sound to many people, I think a pocket contested instance where the occasional contested mob pops - one that cannot be camped, has to be manually checked now and then, would be the best bet... Reason I say this. There would be no need for casual players or raiders that do not deal with contesteds to GO to this instance - people can have their little bubble of lag and spew all the viscerol they want at one another without affecting other people.
    I do think the rewards for contesteds need to be knocked back up though. Way up.
    Just my opinion. ^_^;
  19. ARCHIVED-bigdaddyt59 Guest

I would like to have this instance contested disabled on pvp servers, that would take away about the only fun aspect of pvp away.
  20. ARCHIVED-ThomasCH Guest

I only find it fun find when I am the one blocking people from killing the contested but yes, kind of agree. Leave them in the open.