Contested Need to Go

Discussion in 'Zones and Population' started by ARCHIVED-slippery, Apr 18, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-celestina936 Guest

Crismorn wrote:
    Aren't you glad EQ2 offers more than those? :) It's nice to have a choice, ain't it? Just as you prefer the raiding type play, others don't care about raids at all, but have been a part of EQ2 for years because of what it offers - even if you don't care for it.
  2. ARCHIVED-celestina936 Guest

Gaige wrote:
    There is no such thing as a scrub guild - only in your mind -
    Progression guilds are those (depending on how they are set up) work through the lore and content. It's nice that EQ2 offers a variety of things for different type of players.
    As to HM encounters - not a whole lot of raiding guilds (guilds whose primarly focus is raiding current tier) were able to kill Haladan enraged during prime time. Just go to your favorite website that you believe is accurate. Then cross reference to when the guilds actually did or did not kill Haladan enraged! Heck - use your other fav website - that may or may not be accurate.
  3. ARCHIVED-celestina936 Guest

Pervis wrote:
    If they have the ability, it would be interesting to have a BG type set up x servers for various zones filled with contested encounters. Then you'll have to start your "available" lists again, since the early bird catches the worm. :)
  4. ARCHIVED-Crismorn Guest

I would rather they just get rid of Contested since they cannot itemize them nor can they properly set their difficulty and of course all the lag.
  5. ARCHIVED-celestina936 Guest

Pervis wrote:
    uh.... I think you don't understand what a golf handicap is all about - First - it ain't required - second it encourages players to improve - which was my point - a bit of sarcastic humor that apparently went over your head - so my apologies on that.
    So having a contested raid like MOB encounter enables guilds that don't have a lot of raiding experience to try their hand at it, rather than get totally frustrated in the normal raid zones. EQ2 has many of these type MOBs in most all the tiers.
  6. ARCHIVED-slippery Guest

Alvane@Unrest wrote:
    Why should the playstyles interfere? Why should easy Ox not be its own mob? That way when I kill hard I'm not stopping them from killing easy.
  7. ARCHIVED-celestina936 Guest

slippery wrote:
    I don't believe loot causes a guild to be "overpowered", particular since the loot is such to be used against certain type MOBs to place that guild on fairly equal footing against that MOB(s).
    Now, there are some peeps/guilds who may take gear that is for certain instances or raid zones and use that to overpower MOBs that are beneath for what that gear is meant to be used. Now, that is laughable.
    So a guild or peeps outfitted with T-9 raiding gear, then wipes out a T-9 group instance such as VD:VC, then brag on it since they did it in 15 min is laughable. Of course, they did. In that case, yes, they mis-used the gear to overpower the zone instead of their skill with legendary and treasured gear. But as long as they keep it in a non-public zone - it's nbd.
    Your guild, working on T-9 raid zones, needs those T-9 raid gear in order to attempt to clear all of them by the next xpac. That is your game. That's what you live for. The rest of EQ2 doesn't exist for you, not the heroic group zones, nothing else. You play to raid - so your gear needs to be useful for raids.
  8. ARCHIVED-celestina936 Guest

slippery wrote:
    Only because SoE decided to design an encounter that would encourage other guilds to try their hand at it. IOW, contested encounters weren't just for those raiding guilds who focus only on raids.
    And I think that was mighty nice of you to allow Ascendant a chance to kill Klaak. Perhaps Ascendant isn't the type of raiding guild that uses call lists. After all, what else do you have to prove? You already killed those T-9 contesteds. You got your braggin' rights. Nothing else left except to clear all the raid zones before the next xpac.
  9. ARCHIVED-Yimway Guest

slippery wrote:
    As long as Hard OX isn't itemized any differently cause its 'contested', thats fine.
    If however it receives bonuses for being 'contested' and it isn't actually contested on the majority of servers, then the current system is better. If there isn't atleast 2 guilds on every server able and ready to 'contest' these HM spawns, then really, they should just lock them in instances and not have favored loot weighting.
    Thats the crux of the issue, and why they tried a change this time around.
  10. ARCHIVED-slippery Guest

I wouldn't say hard ox got any major loot benefit from being contested. Hell, you only get one item each drop.
  11. ARCHIVED-BChizzle Guest

Rixan@Unrest wrote:
    LAWL thats laughable, I mean seriously laughable. Are you seriously going to compare my guild (one which is equal in progression to you) that has been top 5 since eof to your 'guild of the xpac' that if history is any indication will fold the minute you get any competition? Let's be real here, we chased Conviction off our server and you lost to Conviction, you probably need to actually perform for 2-3 expansions before you come even close to comparable to the guilds that don't implode every 6-10 months plus not lose to whatever guild we decide to run off our server next.
    I'd rather not be mentionable and kill everything then be the guild that implodes every expansion. It's going to be funny to watch you run off servers again the minute you get some competition, I heard befallen might be open for contested.
  12. ARCHIVED-slippery Guest

Your obvious trolling with lack of information, information posted in this very thread, either shows your lack of intelligence or your lack of reasoning skills.
  13. ARCHIVED-BChizzle Guest

slippery wrote:
    Aww is that what you say when you can't use the "I kill more stuff then you" defense you try on everyone else?
    I wish I cold use the "I ran off more servers" defense to counter it but sadly you beat me in that category.
  14. ARCHIVED-slippery Guest

Are you not capable of an actual factual response?
  15. ARCHIVED-BChizzle Guest

slippery wrote:
    Honestly I don't really understand how you can argue that Equilibrium isn't the evolution of D12. I mean if the fact that 10% of the roster was in HW I mean come on thats pretty weak since 90% of a raid roster turns over every year anyways. Whats this big deal anyways I mean its not like D12 sucked or HW sucked and you should be ashamed of it, its just a video game.
  16. ARCHIVED-BChizzle Guest

More insteresting to this argument, why aren't any guilds like D12/HW transferring off servers to kill contested anymore? I guess contested just isn't a big deal like it used to be.
  17. ARCHIVED-slippery Guest

My guild actually has a really low turnover. Nor am I ashamed of it, it just isn't factually true. The prime reason that it is now Equilibrium is because I felt I needed to be in charge and the old leaders didn't cut it. By your lines of reasoning, you could say my guild came from Confirmed, or Second Dawn, or Khef, or Saints of Norrath, or Beastmode, or Revelations. All guilds of which a multiple people in my guild have been in. We didn't get run off the server, as I illustrated earlier in this thread, we left for a better server to not be that guild. The guilds success speaks for itself.
  18. ARCHIVED-Crismorn Guest

BChizzle wrote:
    If by equal you mean killed mobs months after them then yes you are right beside them.
  19. ARCHIVED-BChizzle Guest

slippery wrote:
    Honestly, we are just going in circles here and you aren't going to change my mind. You say on one hand 'we left for a better server' then on the other say you aren't HW, tbh I am pretty sure you realize the truth too. As far as turnover goes lets see if you can make a guild that lasts longer then an expansion this time before you start bragging about how great the turnover in your guild is ok?
  20. ARCHIVED-Gaige Guest

Alvane@Unrest wrote:
    If that were true then every guild that zones into RhoenTheer's Palace would clear everything but 4RT, but most guilds can't clear the HMs in that zone, therefore they're not as good as the best guilds, aka they're scrubs.
    Alvane@Unrest wrote:
    They EXPLOITED Klaak.