Constantly getting kicked to character select (BG?)

Discussion in 'Performance Support' started by ARCHIVED-Killque, Sep 29, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Killque Guest

Issue: When zoning into a Battleground match or into Champions Respite, I am consistantly getting kicked to character select on one or both of my characters (boxing 2 accounts). When attempting to log back in, I recieve the message "You have a character in the world, please try again in a few minutes" and after that message stops being displayed it says something like "Could not find your character, please re-run the patcher".
    Resolution: Not a full resolution, but work around is to close out of Everquest completely and re-run the patcher. This will get me back in the game, but the isssue will soon re-appear once I zone into a BG or Champions respite (seems to happen about 50% of the time).
    Troubleshooting steps:
    1. Played on 1 character at a time to determine if boxing was the issue - Issue still persists.
    2. Rebooted both computers - Issue still persists.
    3. Forced patcher scan files - Issue still persists.
    4. Tried several different computers to see if it was a configuration/driver etc thing (I have 6 computers that I play EQ on). Issue still persists.
  2. ARCHIVED-Killque Guest

Update: Attempted to log both of my characters in this morning. I selected the character I wanted from the drop down on the launch pad and clicked play. The character logged in to Champions Respite with no delay. The other account (seperate computer) I logged in the same way and instead of going to Champions Respite, it went to the Character Selection screen. When I selelcted the character and clicked play, I received the message "Server did not respond ina timely manner and may be backlogged. Please try again in a few minutes" . I clicked ok and it tried again and I recieved a different message "The server could not find your character. Please exit and rerun the patcher."
    It is 7:00 Central time and not typically busy on the servers around this time. Only one Champions Respite and 40 people in it.
    Closed EQ2, relaunched the patcher and logged in via the method above with no issues.
  3. ARCHIVED-Killque Guest

Update: Still experiencing this issue.
  4. ARCHIVED-TSR-AlexS Guest

Killque wrote:
    For the 2nd computer experiencing this problem, I'd suggest directly plugging into the modem and bypassing the router. I'd also make sure you have EverQuest II set as an exception to all antivirus/firewall programs.