Constant Stuttering "Lag"

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by GambitsEnd, Feb 7, 2021.

1. GambitsEnd New Member

Coming back from a long hiatus and experiencing a constant, stuttering sort of lag.

Used to play this game buttery smooth on this very same computer (no hardware changes).

System resources never really go over 20%, so not that. Can notice this stuttering even on cast bars as the game sort of freezes every half second or so.

Tried quite a lot of things but none have done anything. At my absolute wits end.
    Geroblue and Moonfyre like this.
  2. GambitsEnd New Member

... any suggestions?

Can't play the game if it doesn't work. :(
  3. Moonfyre Everquesting since 1999

Check your ingame fps, mine dropped drastically lately, giving me the same problem. Now I am looking for a new video card. In the meanwhile, I run at extreme performance, with all names and effects turned off and that makes it playable...moslty.
  4. GambitsEnd New Member

Tried highest performance setting and no change.

I've previously been able to play the game on maximum graphical settings no problem (using GTX 1080).
    Moonfyre likes this.
  5. Celan Active Member

One possibility could be you are streaming the game and not using a full download. Maybe check on that?
    Breanna likes this.
  6. Moonfyre Everquesting since 1999

I’ve got the full download version.
    Soara2 likes this.
  7. Moonfyre Everquesting since 1999

I've previously been able to play the game on maximum graphical settings no problem (using GTX 1080).[/quote]
    Same here I used to run with everything on with zero problems. It’s seriously frustrating.
    Soara2 likes this.
  8. Geroblue Well-Known Member

It might be the large number of people still working from home. I know several states in the US have been talking about upgrading their bandwidth/backbone... but I wouldn't hold my breath waiting.
    Soara2 likes this.