Constant "Not Responding" Issues

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Laedee, Dec 18, 2018.

1. Laedee Member

Since the update last week I've been having a terrible problem traveling from zone to zone with the instant teleport on the map. It's even worse when I'm trying to Camp from one toon to another on the same server. I haven't tried across servers. I set a toon to travel from one zone to another or camping from one toon to another with the / camp Character name command and the game starts the function then sits on the interim screen going back and forth between responding and not responding. Basically I'm being forced to either close the game from Task Master or sit for 2 to 3 minutes or more waiting for it to finally decide to not crash and just kick me out to Character Select. My problem is that I don't want to keeping having to force close the game but neither do I want to waste time waiting for it to decide not to do what I asked it to do and kick me out. Is there anything that can be done?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. SwashbucklerWoman Active Member

I have this too now
    just got EQ not responding blah blah
    it's happening everyday now since last Patches
    what can be done
    Ive spent 2k on this alien computer this shouldn't be happening this much
    use to crash maybe twice a month
  3. Bludd Well-Known Member

I also crash more often now. What happens is that it crashes when I try to enter my main house in Gorowyn.

Edit: my crash is the D3D one, not a not responding so maybe it is not related?
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Oy, no, not Alienware... X-P

We got a laptop from them (back when Win98...or was it XP? was a thing) when my hubby had heard they were awesome for gaming rigs...before we realized they'd been bought out by Dell. Absolutely no love there whatsoever for a way-too-pricey laptop that I'd mainly gotten to play EQ2 on while away from home, like at a convention. WoW was just dandy on it, which is what I told the "customer service" people for EQ2 when they weren't helping at all with issues that I could solve pretty easily on my own now, but were not intuitive; issues that would've been really easy for anyone more familiar with the game than I was at the time, but they kept fixating on the whole "well, we can't be expected to tweak the game for every type of laptop out there, now can we? Looks like you bought the wrong one" thing (damn near quit right then and there over that...). At any rate, the Alien machine sucked for several other reasons, but at least it held on for a bit, one single teeny screw holding the entire case below the monitor together and all. :-/

I've been getting the mysterious "not responding; Windows is looking for a solution. Really. Honest and for true. But, frankly, we've never heard of this game" thing myself on occasion, but I haven't noticed it being more frequent these days than most. Actually kind of annoyingly surprising when it comes up. :-/

I do get a lot of, "no, we're not going to /camp you to that other character; why would you want to do that? Here, lazy, pick it out from this rogues' gallery list of yours, whose up and down arrows don't work if you try to hold them down and which lacks a thumb for you to scroll quickly with." Or, trying to zone -- zip! Straight to Character Select again, without the ability to just jump right back in, unlike the first scenario, oh no (though if you are able to jump right back in again, frequently you can't use the Broker or Bank or anything, because you're "too busy" to unless you /camp to yourself, and run the risk of getting booted again)... "What? You want MORE?! You already HAVE a character in game, you evil Korean hacker botter wretch, you [seriously, this is what they did it for, back in the day, apparently. They could probably stand to ease off a bit now, unless they're afraid of the Finns this time]!!! How dare you try to get in again with another one!!! J'accuse! :eek::mad:" when meanwhile, all the while you're screaming at the screen, "Why, YES, I do have a character in game, thanks for asking, or did, at any rate, until you took it upon yourself to mysteriously BOOT MY **** for no fathomable reason!! Fine! I'll do something more reliable for entertainment for awhile, like Solitaire, or Minesweeper, or READ A BOOK until you decide I've had enough of a time out!"

And then there's the delight and wonder of: "You're /camping to another toon? Hahahahahahahahaha! This account is in use. So, here, have a really, really old, primitive sign-in method window, without all the time-consuming Launchpad bells and whistles that you usually wade through. You'll like that, won't you? ... Hahahahahahahahaha! This account is in use. Hahahahahahahahaha! They think they're getting in again any time soon! /giggle" that you just usually hit the "Quit" button on the instant you see that first "This account is in use." window come up. It saves time getting back in from scratch, if you're running late for an important raid or you have a lot of toons that need their daily Santa Glug fix and seconds count (*cough cough* :oops:).

As for why these various annoyances rear their ugly heads, I have no idea. I'm not sure how many people actually do know, and know what exactly to do about it ("Power down the computer completely, then back up again and come back in. Might take a few dozen minutes."), but I hope that at least some of them are on the DBG staff. :-/

Uwk
    Edelphia likes this.
  5. Breanna Well-Known Member

I get the "This account is in Use" at least once a day when trying to camp to another character, it got so bad at one point it was every single time I camped to another character which is a lot when I bounce through all my tradeskill alts every day. Very very annoying!!!!!! Then they did some update a while back and it is much better I just get it like every other day now hehe
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah, I think Sigrdrifa did have some advice about things like that, that it was a matter of trying to do too many /camps to alts or whatever in a single day, but yow. That indicates some pretty shaky connections to me. :-/

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.