Consolidated PVP Balancing Wishlist #3

Discussion in 'PvP TLE Discussion' started by Daarkstar, Aug 5, 2021.

1. Daarkstar Active Member

This is mostly a continuation of my original thread from June 7th. Most of these issues have been around since beta and still haven't been addressed. Adding some new updates since PVP writs are now a thing.

T7 Loot:
    • Some contested loot needs a rework. Mutagenic Outkast in Bonemire is dropping 3-stat loot that is worse than most treasured items from Nizara. Currently only Cube mobs, Hurricanus and Three Princes drop BIS items and really only one guild is able to kill them. This would include mobs in ToS and other raid content.
    PVP Events:
    • Have certain zones and writs offer double/triple tokens on weekends. This would create different 'hot zones' each weekend and incentivise players to farm tokens on alts (right now it's too much hard work to do more than one char).
    • Add carnage flag PVP back to cities!!
    PVP Writs:
    • Please remove the zone requirement for player kills. The named zone requirement is fine (it gets people moving into different zones) but the player kills in each zone is a massive issue when you can only get one quest. Either allow kill updates for any quest in any zone OR allow us to simultenously work on all writs at the same time. For many classes that cannot solo this means we're limited to maybe the TT quest each day if we're lucky. Bonemire and Barren are impossible.
    • Reduce daily kill requirement to 10 player kills and 5 named kills. These quests are not possible with the current server population.
    • Updates item procs and stats:
      • 20 min timer is a bad idea, it will mean many people will only fight when an item is available.
      • Sky Slayer's Bracelet: Reduce recast to 10 mins. Detarget does not last 8 seconds in PVP. It just clears target once, pretty much useless. Needs to be a 8 sec incureable debuff that prevents the target from targetting anything.
      • Sky Slayer's Earring: Increase proc chance to 5% Currently it is the weakest item.
      • Sky Slayer's Cloak: Reduce recast to 10 mins
      • Sky Slayer's Girdle: Reduce recast to 10 mins.
      • Sky Slayer's Signet: Reduce recast to 10 mins. Change stats to match either Earring or Bracelet. Melee stats on an item with a proc that melee have no use for doesn't make sense.
      • Sky Slayer's Medallion: Reduce recast to 10 mins. Reduce duration to 12 seconds.
    General Issues:
    • Float cloaks and mounts are 'unbreakable' n PVP. This means that players are cliff diving regularly and floating away without any penalty. All floating effects should dispell on entering pvp combat, just like the fae/arasai glida racial.
    • Bleedthrough needs to be reduced (10-15%) or removed on wards. It's particularly challenging to play a shaman and ward someone who's very low only for them to die anyway because of bleedthrough. Fights are already incredibly fast and it's very hard to keep up as a healer.
    • Damage cap needs to be increased to 50-60% instead of 40%. Just look at how many end-game assassin/wizards we have. Both classes aren't viable with such a damage cap in place.
    • Avoidance/block does seem broken, pretty much guaranteed to land every spell/ability regardless of avoidance or resists. Not that brawlers need more buffs, but avoidance just isn't a thing now. As a priest there is no reason for me to use a shield in PVP.
    • Poisons are not working properly in PVP (see screenshots in previous thread). This is not just damage but also fettering only snares for like 1 second or something?
    • Class PVP mitigation still need balancing. Some classes are tankier than tanks (shamans) and some plate classes (inquisitor) feel like playing cloth mage.
      • Shamans: decrease PVP mit by 20%
      • Inquisitor: increase PVP mit by 30%
      • Shadowknight/Paladin: increase PVP mit by 10%
      • Brawlers: decrease PVP mit by 20%
      • Druids: increase PVP mit by 10%
    Class Specific:
    • Druid – Infusive Wrath damage needs a significant reduction in PVP combat. This ability is doing more than summoners, warlocks and AOE melee classes in group fights. This need at least a 50% reduction in damage for it be to be anywhere near balanced.
    • Necromancer – Undead Horde still too strong, reduce damage by 50% (10 min CD deserves high damage). I've seen a single horde cast do 55K damage in a group fight.
    • Conjuror - Scout pet is dumping all abilities within 2-3 seconds. Need a longer cast time on abilities in PVP combat.
    • Defiler – Spiritual Circle does not upgrade with spell ranks. Apprentice wards as much as Master, very much useless in PVP at the moment.
    • Troubadour – Perfect Shrill needs reverting to the old damage value before the last nerf, the last suggestion wasn't right for the class overall so my apologies.
    • Warlock – Curse of Darkness needs a 30% damage reduction at least. Far too strong in group settings.
    • Coercer/Illusionist – Reduce single target stifle from 14 seconds to 6 seconds.
    • Bruiser/Monk – Devastation Fist needs a significant damage reduction in PVP. Currently hits for 4-5k. Around 50% would be more suitable. Brawler burst is far too hight at the moment.
    • Brigand – Double up should deal 30% reduced damage in PVP combat.
    • Inquisitor - Dogma healing should be increased 30-50% to make up for their lack of heals elsewhere.
    • Inquisitor - Reduce power cost of Fanatacism by 50%. Currently it drains too much mana in PVP combat.
    • Dirge - Pretty much useless in group and solo PVP. Need a significant buff to abilities like Cacophany of Blades and to their healing abilities for them to become viable.
    • Sorceror - Manashield still does not work as intended. Make soloing impossible as a sorc.
    • Warden - Group root is INCURABLE. Very broken.
    Lastly, please announce EOF. Most of the hardcore players have already left as KOS didn't have anything difficult/worth killing and PVP writs came too late. I imagine most players are really just waiting for Kunark which was the best PVP expansion so sitting at KOS for too long won't be good for player retention.
    Arielle Nightshade and Savne like this.
  2. Krone New Member

„Bleedthrough needs to be reduced (10-15%) or removed on wards. It's particularly challenging to play a shaman and ward someone who's very low only for them to die anyway because of bleedthrough. Fights are already incredibly fast and it's very hard to keep up as a healer.“

Disagree. As far as healer balance is concerned only Inquisitors need some help.
    DefeatedZ likes this.
  3. Peak Nagafun

Enable City PVP (via Carnage Flag)
    DefeatedZ and Daarkstar like this.
  4. Daarkstar Active Member

Have you tried solo healing as a shaman? It's very hard. Soloing is fine because of their broken mit. But if mit is lowered they willl need less bleedthrough to be viable.
  5. DefeatedZ Member

T7 Loot - Agree: MO needs an updated loot table. As Darkstar stated, Cube mobs and the other contested drop better. "..and really only one guild able to kill these" Lol

PvP events - Agree: Good idea. Hot zones would definitely be welcome imo.

PvP Writs and Items - Partly Agree: Writs need to have PvP updates from any KoS zone, not specific zones. I'm good with the PvE updates though, that was a good addition. The items and their procs. The items are so OP. More CC cure? really? Cast on the run is unbelievably good. I'd be up for these procs being usable on a much longer recast than 10 mins. Very OP procs.

Shamans are extremely good healers as is. The only healer class that needs help is Inquis and they need a BIG help. Best mystic on server seems to do just fine (Avrami) keeping people alive regardless of Bleedthrough.

Necro is fine - leave Horde the way it is - i have seen an Inquis solo heal through a horde. If Inquis can do this, then it's not a problem. Their horde is what keeps them as a very valid choice in group PvP right now - reducing it makes them less so.

Conjuror pet does need fixed, agreed. Space out their scout pet abilities or make them longer casts. Either will work.

Chanters need their Stifle to be reduced from 14 seconds to 8 seconds however with the amount of CC break items there are, i'm not really sure this is necessary. There's literally so many ways to break CC that the stifle is pretty much always cured. But anyway, i won't complain if this gets fixed, 14 seconds IS a bit much, put it to 8 seconds.

Troubs do massive DPS in group PvP as it is (with the help of some procs yes). Shrill should never have been changed though so I agree. Revert it.

Curse of darkness is a great spell right now - keep it as is. Reducing this is a dumb idea. It forces groups and classes to run blockers in pvp and co-ordinate burns.

Infusion - 110% agree: This does waay too much DPS in PvP.

Pumice Stones: Please revert these to what they were : Dispels. Not clicky cures. We already have racials, we have pots, we have freedom of minds/action, we have pumice, we have signets, we now have PvP clicky cure. This is FAR too much.
  6. DefeatedZ Member

Solo healing as ANY healer is extremely hard right now. These changes should never be based on 1v1 so the solo thing doesn't matter. What healer class solo heals in group PvP easily? None.
  7. Daarkstar Active Member

Templar. lol
  8. Daarkstar Active Member

Of course, the two win conditions of 90% of your pvp groups and you don't want it touched. Both abilities are broken.
  9. DefeatedZ Member

Nonsense. Not seen a good Templar solo heal groups yet (from my experience)

And no, those abilities keep the classes pretty well desired. Necro's don't do enough to warrant a spot over conjuror/warlock/wizard if they don't have the burst of horde and as you stated, its a 10 min CD. Also, if an inquis can heal through it, why can't you guys? Food for thought.

Win conditions? As if horde and CoD are the reason we win "90%" of the time lol. But w/e

Don't think you've thought some of this through.

PS. Maybe I was slightly harsh. There was some good ideas, but a lot of the class balances you hit out with are random and unwarranted.
  10. Trenty New Member

An Inq will solo heal through horde if the rest of the group is extremely lacking or BD is up. In most cases horde isn't even reasonable to cast versus a group with an Inq solo healing.

I am curious over thoughts on aoe prevents. Personally, I feel that t-shell and/or BD duration in pvp should be reduced to ~12 seconds as on previous servers.

Also, healrazor is the best mystic on this server and still struggles with wards frequently...reduce ward bleedthough.
    Arielle Nightshade likes this.
  11. Zishan Member

The increase of damage cap for me is a tricky one. 2 shotting someone wont make the game attractive and also those who get to 70 and are not geared will be at a big disadvantage. I think the capping is there for that reason.

Saying that classes affected should be given some kind of adjustment/compensation but only to keep things competitive.
  12. Satyr Well-Known Member

Add relic gear and loot from Halls of Seeing and Lyceum of Abhorrence to the list of raid gear that is 3 stat and should be 4 stat.

Changes to procs which have made them not trigger in PVP should be reverted. Doing this was in my opinion the wrong move from the start - it makes loot even more generic and discourages people to go out in to the overworld.

We aren't in shattered lands, anyone who wears 8 pieces of this stuff will die. Reverting this change will get people making some slightly different gearing decisions.
    DefeatedZ likes this.
  13. Daarkstar Active Member

Updated post to include this:
    • Reduce daily kill requirement to 10 player kills and 5 named kills
    Honestly, the writs did not have the intended effect and many faction players just got even more disheartened by not being able to complete any quests. PVP is quieter than ever and many of us have given up trying to do dailies especially anything outside of Tenebrous Tangle. Writs need to be easier to complete, we need to be able to get updates in any KOS zone AND we need PVP event days (weekend double tokens or something) to encourage at least one or two days a week where people can go out in force and get tokens for alts etc. I can barely be bothered trying to do one daily on my main the thought of grinding out 135 tokens on an alt right now is unthinkable.
    Kriemhild likes this.
  14. Sunlei Well-Known Member

IM bitty O, If you take away(NURF) every classes 'class specific' you listed as overpowered-...that ruins the unique 'shine' each class has.
  15. Creasote Well-Known Member

I agree with this. I gave up trying to complete a writ because they kept expiring every few days.

Also good luck getting updates unless you are in a stacked group. The server is too dead and the writs were released too late. Almost no one is doing any KOS overland content.
  16. Ecno Well-Known Member

I agree with pretty much everything on this list, the most important IMO are the following.

Fix cliff diving by disabling floating cloaks and mounts in combat.. PERIOD end of story. The entire "nostalgia" feel for this expansion is ruined by enabling everyone to escape through cliff diving. Its supposed to be ride or die, fight til the end and if you jump its a free update for your opponent... which promotes fighting instead of running/cliff diving. Right now EVERYONE is promoted to just avoid pvp, jump from one island to another or float in the air for 30 sec til youre out of combat and plummet to your death or evac with 0 impact to PVP.

Infusion is broke... what more do I need to say 100% agree. Fury right now is a win con in group fights... you either have tortoise shell and infusion or you dont and most likely are going to get clapped.

Enable all 3 daily and 2 weekly quests to be active in the journal at the same time so we can actually roam for pvp throughout the entire KoS expansion without getting stuck in one zone, hunting where theres no PVP. Its gruelingly bad and makes it to where people dont even want to do the writs at all. We also need a full set of armor, not just jewelry... doesnt need fancy procs... PVPers love variety, give us a variety of different state make up/choices so we can mix and match. Want Max HP and AB, put a set of that in, want casting, reuse, put a set of that in too... cookie cut them to be all the same base stats etc. It allows people to build their class however they want. This was available on beta at the beta buffer, we had access to all sorts of different gear... something like that is perfect.

You have to incentivize the people who dont PVP to go out and PVP... and the only way they do this is by having writ updates in all zones for sets of gear only available through tons of tokens from PVPing. The bounty writ system worked great for this, as did the chest drop era.. you were rewarded with tokens for each and every kill no matter where it was, which gave PVP a purpose in all zones at all times cause you were working towards something and felt rewarded for those kills.

Make Evac interruptable and increase the reuse timer by 100%-200%. From 15 mins to 30mins or from 15 mins to 1hr.

Devs please please please do something, we need these simple changes... all of them, but at this point any of them... revitalize the server, prove to the player base that has already quit because of all the issues that yall do care and want to actively update/balance the server. They will return, most are waiting and "seeing" for EoF and so many of the players that are active hang on by a thread teetering on the edge of quitting til EoF or permanently as well.
  17. Sunlei Well-Known Member

People shouldn't be forced to just stand there and die, let them run away!

You can cliff dive after them and chase them...they landing on the chains and hop up to the island or dive off and travel to below island. Follow them, chase them or root them so they can't run.
  18. Daarkstar Active Member

This is very naive. Majority of players are just using float to screendrag. Anyone can jump over the cliff, screendrag for 30 sec and then evac to saftey using P2W potions.
  19. Daarkstar Active Member

Update: Finally got the bangle today after weeks of hard work. Of course, it doesn't work as described and the detarget does not last 8 seconds. Was this gear tested at all?
  20. Kayra New Member

• Agree, especcially when u play in EU timezone and not an exile. U hardly can find anyone

• Also evac must be interruptible. Wasn't smart enough to use it earlier? Well die then,, U had radar to not let this happen.

• If by "intended" u mean 30 sec duration then it won't help. Burst dmg is too high, Manashield just gets evaporated in 2 sec of combat. Proportion is the one what must be changed, 10 points of dmg for 1 mana or so. Manashield must give u a real sorce of survivability for a certain period of time. Now even with 30 sec duration it won't do anything.
    This