Consolidated List of Broken Guardian Stuff II

Discussion in 'Guardian' started by ARCHIVED-dalponis, Aug 25, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-romulis Guest

first off let me say im no pro at guardian. my personal guard is lv 41, but what i do wanna say is i see alot of complaints about the dps output of guards. my actual question is what else are guards for..? its always been my understanding since the game released that guards are the rock, the tank that can take large hits that other tanks would have problems living thru. On my heals i love healing guards because their health doesnt spike like other tanking classes and they never have a problem with threat ever period. idk i dont see alot of guards around anymore because 90% of people want to either A.) see big numbers from their fighter or B.) want to see big numbers on a dps class there is only a small amount of people who actually level a toon to tank. i personally started a guard to tank because thats what i like to do and i dont think any guild will turn down somone who wants to tank because their dps is crappy...... thats just imo tho
  2. ARCHIVED-aislynn00 Guest

Romulis@Crushbone wrote:
    Guardians have been "the rock" during some phases of the game, especially in the original content and the RoK expansion.
    Currently, though, while guardians are probably the third-best tank in challenge-mode raid settings, they are light years behind bruisers and monks in every single area, including survivability, DPS, hate generation, and utility.
    In other words, with very few exceptions, there isn't much of a reason to bring a guardian over a brawler unless the guardian is a much better player.
    There are mobs you simply can't tank as a guardian while brawlers get the job done due to their massive survivability advantage.
    As for hate generation, while guardians are able to manage vs boss mobs, where damage dealer DPS is usually split between the named and adds, Drunder challenge-mode trash is another matter entirely. You try holding aggro vs a wizard dealing 400K+ DPS while you're sitting below 100K wearing a shield--and believe you me, you need that shield. You'd better hope your hate transferrers are right behind that wizard, that he's got 50% hate reduction, and that you've got 100% hate gain. Meanwhile, the dual-wielding brawler pumping out 200K DPS will be leagues ahead of everyone else on the hate meter while being easier to heal.
    So, tanks care about DPS because it is necessary to hold aggro, and because we've got to bring something to a raid when top survivability isn't it any longer.