Consolidated Dirge issue thread. (11/24/06)

Discussion in 'Dirge' started by ARCHIVED-Salmastryon, Feb 7, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Mildavyn Guest

Bards bring alot more to a group than just mana-regen and rezzes. If your raid guild doesnt recognise this, then obviously they aren't worth your time. Bards make fights ALOT easier. I remember a group i was in a while back going to Nek3. We had both a dirge and a troubador (me) the only one of us who had been there before was convinced we were toast, turns out that having 2 bards made the fights trivial. Not one single death the whole time.

Bard's make alot of difference, but its alot of little things, not a few big things that people will notice. If the tank is going down and you mez/fear a mob and cut the incoming damage in half... the healer gets credit. If you only just survive a fight that you would have lost if not for our debuffs... the healer gets credit. If the tank is holding agro only because of our buffs, its a great tank. If that swashbuckler/wizard does really high DPS... well they're good DPSers, nevermind all our buffs that are letting them do that.

Bards are force multipliers, the bigger the group, the bigger the difference we make... but we still dont get credit for any of it.

liquid_zero wrote:
    I would include the new style of Hyran's as an issue/bug. Do any other classes have a buff that requires concentration, but can only be maintained on a single ally? There aren't any that I can think of off the top of my head but that doesn't mean there aren't any.

Either way, I think it either needs the concentration removed or to be changed back to the multi-ally maintable version

I've said this before, but i'll say it again. Hyrans is a GROUP buff, and in a raid, it is a RAID-WIDE buff. That 40% hate buff on your tank allows the rest of the raid/group to do 40% more damage without pulling agro. Hyran's is a GROUP/RAID buff. Therefore, it uses concentration. I'm all for removing conc. from the self-buffs, but this spell deserves its conc slot.
  2. ARCHIVED-Rijacki Guest

Then why is the co-ercer's concentration-free?
  3. ARCHIVED-peepshow Guest

Honestly I dont care if the other classes have no-cons buffs and we dont..

Maybe some can buff group better than us..
    Someone might debuff better than us.. So what ?
    Healers can heal better.. Pally's can rezz better..
    Wardens and Mystic can run faster..

BUT, give me 1 of theese classes that can do EVERYTHING ?!?

I dont think so..
    That is why our buffs/debuffs is a little more weak, but we HAVE IT ALL..

And with Dev's telling us we get a rewamp where DPS is considered, is just great..

Lets see how they do, and maybe, just maybe, we can start talking about how bad we are compared to the others.

My 2 cp
  4. ARCHIVED-Priestbane Guest

Saving the first post in this thread. (though it'll be out of date today methinks) Kurai, Kurai, where have ye gone?
  5. ARCHIVED-Salmastryon Guest

*blushes*

I'm still around sorta. I just was wrestling with whether or not to quit EQ2. :(

The community makes me want to stay, but I've not been having fun with the game since EoF came out. I ddin't realize how bad it had gotten until I took a break over the holidays and afterwards had no real desire to come back. As of right now, I'm probably not going to renew my subscription for March. I've been putting off this post for the last few weeks because well the whole thing just makes me sad. I've gotten so attached to ya'll. :(

Ironically, this all came about just as they are fixing the bugs that have driven me crazy for the last year. Hopefully I'll get to see some of the results befor my subscription expires...
    Message Edited by Salmastryon on 02-05-2007 08:41 AM
  6. ARCHIVED-Lornick Guest

Hehehe, I'm the opposite. I love the game, but the community makes me want to leave =p
  7. ARCHIVED-Salmastryon Guest

Well some some people drive me nuts. But, I'm good at ignoring them generally and enjoying the people who are fun or make me think.
  8. ARCHIVED-Rijacki Guest

Good advice, enjoy the ones who are fun (and thinking is fun) but ignore the ones who irritate you.
  9. ARCHIVED-Priestbane Guest

[p]New information for dirges up on test, but no notes to go with it yet. Little leery of the changes as they stand right now.[/p][p] Seems Harbinger's Sonnet is reduced to a 1% runspeed enhancement at this time (as opposed to a 1.5%), and unknown as to how combat runspeed is affected (though it says it still does in teh description).[/p][p]There are apparently new versions of Selo's on test as well, at least one at 55, and maybe another at 69, though no confirmation of that. Indication is that the 55 Selo's jumps the runspeed to 38% (a 4% increase from the prior Selo's, when before they were 6% increases).[/p]
  10. ARCHIVED-Salmastryon Guest

I'm going to recommend one of you'll start a new issue thread. Unless something changes in the next ten days, my subscription will be expiring and i believe i will lose access to the boards then, yeah? Either way I won't be able to check on things to make sure all the info is accurate anyway. On that note was PoS actually fixed on live for the stealth issue? I've not had a chance to check. Also if You sent me a PM since my last post I forgot about the forum being redone and didn't get a chance to reread it. I've been so busy with other stuff I've not been able to really get on to check the forums till now.
  11. ARCHIVED-Priestbane Guest

[p] I've got the first post backed up, and can use it to start up a new issues thread if required. Sorry to see you go. =([/p][p] [/p][p]Have fun, whatever you end up doing.[/p]
  12. ARCHIVED-Salmastryon Guest

I'm going to miss you all too. I have to admit part of the reason I've been scarce on the board of late is I know that ya'll might change my mind about leaving. :p That and I hate the new forums. >.<
  13. ARCHIVED-Priestbane Guest

If they managed the [NEW] descriptor and the floating topic/forum capacity, I'd be just as happy with these as I was with the Lithium boards. =)
  14. ARCHIVED-Salmastryon Guest

Yeah it is the lacking of my ability to book mark threads and boards that is the most irritating I believe.
  15. ARCHIVED-Fromingo Guest

Ripescence@Guk wrote:
    I'll take that Amen to the FOURTH level!
  16. ARCHIVED-thecynic315 Guest

thecynic315 wrote:
    Ok if were gona keep quoting me, please use this on where I turned it into a REAL bug post. Glad everyone like the previous one though.
  17. ARCHIVED-cartmania01 Guest

thecynic315 wrote:
    This is what we want, if not all of them, atleast some of them... i would like to see them fixed, cause it truely aint fair for we bards;)

and Amen
  18. ARCHIVED-Salmastryon Guest

Wow This is still stickied... Anyrate, I'm back as of last night. It will take me awhile to get readjusted to everything, but if people let me know about current issues and corrections I'll update the first post.
  19. ARCHIVED-Whysprr_Wyrd Guest

Kurai@Guk wrote:
    [p] Welcome back, Kurai!!! You've been missed. [/p][p]Whysp[/p]
  20. ARCHIVED-Priestbane Guest

[p]/cheer![/p][p] [/p][p]Welcome back! =)[/p]